Home

Help with punting the ball

This is a discussion on Help with punting the ball within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2004, 12:14 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Help with punting the ball

Can anyone give me some tips on how not to shank punts into the sidelines. I seem to be able to punt fine in practice mode, but in the game situation my punts go 10 yards and into the sidelines. Thanks for any help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2004, 02:52 AM   #2
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Help with punting the ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevil
Can anyone give me some tips on how not to shank punts into the sidelines. I seem to be able to punt fine in practice mode, but in the game situation my punts go 10 yards and into the sidelines. Thanks for any help.
perty simple, you have to hit the accuracy meter between the 2 lines at the bottom of the meter......hence, there are 2 clicks you have to make, one on the way up, and one on the way down.
Old 08-22-2004, 04:23 AM   #3
rns
Rookie

OVR: 2

I don't know. You just have to practice and getting the timing down. Once you get use to the timing, you'll be able to punt fine over and over.

For awhile I moved from heisman difficulty to AA... the kicking meter was way too slow for me and I'd always mess up my kicks. The kick meter on AA is actually much easier than Heisman, but only because I was accustomed to the timing on Heisman it was hard to kick on AA. Heisman kicking was really hard at first... but after going through MANY kicks it's not that bad.

That's why I say it's just practice, getting use to the timing. Once you're use to it, it almost becomes automatic... just 'click' and 'click', max power max accuracy on a pretty regular basis.
At that point, if you think about it too much, then you start shanking. I guess you might be at that point... in practice mode there's no pressure and you can get it done like nothing, almost without thinking, but then you go into a game and you end up trying too hard. If you already have the timing down, just try not to think about too much when you're playing a game.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:39 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Have to agree with rns about just getting used to it. For me though, I'm still not used to the speed on Heisman yet. I find that I am almost always slow on the second click, so I move the targeting arrow over the right some to compensate for it. I haven't had a kickoff go out of bounds since I started doing that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »