Home

Solution for lag/frame rate drop offline

This is a discussion on Solution for lag/frame rate drop offline within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2018, 02:07 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Solution for lag/frame rate drop offline

Gentlemen, I can say with confidence that I have finally found the solution for the offline lag that so many of us have experienced. I first discovered what was causing the lag, and then how to fix it. I still am not entirely sure what initially causes the lag, but I think it has to do with using the right stick in instant replay, or perhaps just the right stick in general, since I feel like I have experienced this without using replay. Basically, the game gets stuck in thinking that you are holding down the right stick, and that's what causes the lag. You have probably never noticed because it doesn't really affect the player you are controlling. For example, your ball carrier isn't constantly juking backwards. It just lags the game, as you know. Evidence of what I'm talking about can be seen in the depth chart menu, and that's where I recommend going to make sure you have it fixed.

1. Go to you depth chart.
2. Hold down R2/RT. Here you'll notice your positions being cycled despite no user interaction with the sticks or d-pad.
3. Release R2/RT. Physically pull outward on the right stick just slightly until it comes loose. With it still out, move it around a bit. Do a couple revolutions with it, then pop it back in like you're pressing R3 to throw it away.
4. Hold R2/RT again and see that it no longer cycles positions.
5. Resume your game lag-free and enjoy your instant replays without fear!

Last edited by Tuscaloosa; 07-05-2018 at 02:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2018, 01:39 PM   #2
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Re: Solution for lag/frame rate drop offline

Solid info. I have always called this a "scroll error" myself. I thought often timed it had to do with the controller itself. Sometimes I was able to correct it by turning off the controller and turning it back on, I'll have to try this next time around.

Major Boise State fan
Old 07-06-2018, 05:58 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Solid info. I have always called this a "scroll error" myself. I thought often timed it had to do with the controller itself. Sometimes I was able to correct it by turning off the controller and turning it back on, I'll have to try this next time around.

That's a good name for it. I've experienced it since the game came out, but only recently did I make the connection between it and the lag issues. It definitely works though. I've done it three times in a row now.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:18 PM   #4
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Just did it this way in game, worked perfectly.

I noticed this seems to be triggered if you go into replay during a game. My game was fine, I looked at the replay of something, then it lagged. I did this fix and didn't experience it again. I may test that a few times next game.

Major Boise State fan
Old 07-16-2018, 04:31 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Just did it this way in game, worked perfectly.

I noticed this seems to be triggered if you go into replay during a game. My game was fine, I looked at the replay of something, then it lagged. I did this fix and didn't experience it again. I may test that a few times next game.
Yeah, since discovering it, it's worked every time for me. I'm not sure if other guys watch replays like I do, but I never hit play (X), instead I lightly press fast-forward (R2) to watch at my own speed, sometimes frame-by-frame. I think it might be from using R2 and the right stick simultaneously. Either that, or R2 and zoom in/out (square/triangle) simultaneously. I feel it's probably the former though, since the solution involves the right stick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2018, 10:01 PM   #6
Rookie

I'll give it a try. Crossing my fingers. Thanks for everyone's help
Old 05-05-2019, 08:23 AM   #7
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3

Holy smokes! This thread is the save of the century! I know I'm years late to the game but I just got the game today after I paid quite a bit for it since its so rare, and it was lagging so bad and I couldn't figure out why and it was driving me insane! I realized in the menus it was going crazy like I was holding down the d-pad or something even though I wasn't. Thank you so much OP! You saved the game for me.
Old 05-05-2019, 02:57 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyj622
Holy smokes! This thread is the save of the century! I know I'm years late to the game but I just got the game today after I paid quite a bit for it since its so rare, and it was lagging so bad and I couldn't figure out why and it was driving me insane! I realized in the menus it was going crazy like I was holding down the d-pad or something even though I wasn't. Thank you so much OP! You saved the game for me.
One of my prouder NCAA moments lol. Many of us stewed over this for years, and then one day, unfortunately after many were done playing the game altogether, I saw that the two issues were tied together and almost instantly found the solution of popping the stick out and rotating. Glad it can still help people, both newcomers and OGs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »