Home

Revivifying USER Field Goal Kicking

This is a discussion on Revivifying USER Field Goal Kicking within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2018, 06:31 PM   #33
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Revivifying USER Field Goal Kicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
Just wanted to let you guys know that the kicker's accuracy attribute now needs to be at 53 due to the effects of rain. Interesting to know that rain causes an 8 point deduction in KAC. At 52 and under in the rain, the kicks will take that random effect and you will miss around 90% of them. Same as 44 and under in clear weather.

I now also recommend putting the Field Goal Accuracy slider to 30.

Interesting. So if it’s raining turn the slider up, or are we talking about his literal rating as a player

Edit: scratch that. Kicking attribute not slider. Got it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Major Boise State fan

Last edited by SilverBullet19; 08-02-2018 at 06:36 PM.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:58 PM   #34
Pro

Re: Revivifying USER Field Goal Kicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Interesting. So if it’s raining turn the slider up, or are we talking about his literal rating as a player

Edit: scratch that. Kicking attribute not slider. Got it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Actually, turn both up permanently. I'm testing it as we speak, and not only does 53 attribute & 30 slider allow you to make any kick in any weather, it also has improved the system in both look and challenge. Every kick in your kickers range can be made, but I think practice will now be almost mandatory to learn your kicker's spots. I've missed his spot on the meter by just a hair and gotten a totally different kick.

I updated the OP to hopefully give everything a little clarity. It seems confusing as hell at first lol, but if you set it up step by step, it's awesome.

Last edited by Tuscaloosa; 08-02-2018 at 07:09 PM.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:45 PM   #35
MVP

young22's Arena

I missed a PAT off the post that forced OT in a game I played today. I also missed a PAT in OT, ended up setting up a 4th and goal play for the game. Kicking actually being dynamic is awesome. Might have to start kicking for the CPU too.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2018, 01:37 AM   #36
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
I missed a PAT off the post that forced OT in a game I played today. I also missed a PAT in OT, ended up setting up a 4th and goal play for the game. Kicking actually being dynamic is awesome. Might have to start kicking for the CPU too.

Yeah, for extra points, you almost have to go sideways with the aiming line. About 9:30 - 10, if it were a clock. I think from that short distance, inside the uprights, is the most hook you'll have to put on a kick, IIRC.

That's funny, just today I had the same thought about kicking for the CPU.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:44 PM   #37
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, for extra points, you almost have to go sideways with the aiming line. About 9:30 - 10, if it were a clock. I think from that short distance, inside the uprights, is the most hook you'll have to put on a kick, IIRC.

That's funny, just today I had the same thought about kicking for the CPU.
Yo I've shanked so many PAT's I'm in practice mode right now, practicing kicking. Crazy. This is one of the best things anyone's uncovered. This **** is infuriating, I make 5-6 straight then I shank 3. Missing the spot on the dial by a fraction, you're screwed. Hope I don't ever have to make a key FG in a big game now .

Last edited by young22; 08-06-2018 at 11:05 PM.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:14 AM   #38
Pro

Quote:
Yo I've shanked so many PAT's I'm in practice mode right now, practicing kicking. Crazy. This is one of the best things anyone's uncovered. This **** is infuriating, I make 5-6 straight then I shank 3. Missing the spot on the dial by a fraction, you're screwed. Hope I don't ever have to make a key FG in a big game now .

That's probably my favorite thing about it, missing by just a hair and having a totally different result. That's what makes practice great. You can kick from the same spot over and over, and really see just how sensitive the aiming is outside of the cone.

I've missed several so far. I've only kicked a couple with the game on the line, but needless to say, they were more intense than any other kicks I've had on this game, just because now you're not sure if it's going or not when it leaves his toe. I've made both big ones, but I do remember the last one barely went inside the left upright. Pucker moment for sure.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:43 AM   #39
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
That's probably my favorite thing about it, missing by just a hair and having a totally different result. That's what makes practice great. You can kick from the same spot over and over, and really see just how sensitive the aiming is outside of the cone.

I've missed several so far. I've only kicked a couple with the game on the line, but needless to say, they were more intense than any other kicks I've had on this game, just because now you're not sure if it's going or not when it leaves his toe. I've made both big ones, but I do remember the last one barely went inside the left upright. Pucker moment for sure.
It's crazy. I did nothing but kick extra points for about half an hour tonight. Never done that before. So many kicks where I swear it was in the same spot, but completely different result. I kicked a few regular kicks to compare, crazy that a 53 accuracy kicker can kick the ball straight every single time.

In my dynasty (which I'm doing a report on, link in my signature), I think I'm at 57 XP % 7 games into the year. Also nearly cost myself my biggest upset ever, beating a 93 overall, #6 Kansas State with my low 70s overall teambuilder. Missed a PAT to send it to OT. If they hadn't missed a PAT earlier (I sim the CPU kicking), we'd have lost.

Old 08-11-2018, 02:27 PM   #40
Pro

Quote:
It's crazy. I did nothing but kick extra points for about half an hour tonight. Never done that before. So many kicks where I swear it was in the same spot, but completely different result. I kicked a few regular kicks to compare, crazy that a 53 accuracy kicker can kick the ball straight every single time.

In my dynasty (which I'm doing a report on, link in my signature), I think I'm at 57 XP % 7 games into the year. Also nearly cost myself my biggest upset ever, beating a 93 overall, #6 Kansas State with my low 70s overall teambuilder. Missed a PAT to send it to OT. If they hadn't missed a PAT earlier (I sim the CPU kicking), we'd have lost.

Something else I wanted to let you guys in on - less power = more control. For extra points and short/mid-range, less power on the power meter produces less hook on the kicks. I've never been a kicker, but I imagine that this might also be realistic since most kickers become less accurate the further back you go.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »