Home

Team idea

This is a discussion on Team idea within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2018, 09:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Team idea

Once I find the team that I want to play as obviously it would be a low overall team as I want to do like a madden expansion team.. in that case season 1 I wouldn’t be playing much games as it’s my scouting season so acquire my 25 players for my expansion team..

My question is since I can only bring in 25 players a season and off season line one I will be releasing my best 25 players from the original roster since I’ll be bringing in 25 so called expansion players via recruiting.. just wondering what positions should I be looking for in the first 25 players.. obviously 1 QB 1 RB 2-3 WR 2 OL 2 DL 2 LB 2 CB 1 FS 1 SS 1 P 1 K any other changes? So season two it would be like a new school joined the NCAA ranks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2018, 09:10 PM   #2
Rookie

TexasBallCoach's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Team idea

Well it depends on what systems you're going to be running.. Do you need TEs and FBs on offense? Defensively will you be an odd or even front? You'll need more than 2 DL and 2 LB.
Old 08-06-2018, 12:28 PM   #3
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

I'm not entirely sure what you're going for here, if you could present your idea a more clearly it would help. I'll give you my best input though:

If you want to essentially have a poor team, I'd go with either the worst in the game that you can enjoy using, or a teambuilder. As a teambuilder, you can make all your guys seniors, so you literally start from scratch the second year.

You can only give out 25 scholarships, but there is no limit to walk on players. Of course, the CPU determines the walk on players. They will fill out any needs so that you meet all minimum requirements (IE 1 fullback, so many QB's etc).

My suggestion for your 25 scholarships would be to hand them out to all the starting positions first. QB, RB, RB, WR, etc etc. Give them out to form your starting 22, then you still have 1 spot for kicker, 1 for punter, and one at discretion for maybe like a nickel CB.

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-07-2018, 12:57 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've done this many many times. If your using a team already in game, idk if your doing it or not but go in and adjust the roster making all the players Redhsirt seniors that way they all graduate and you don't have to worry about making cuts.

With that said... fill the offensive line for sure. I find it going after JUCO lineman to start. WR even the lowest rated WR catch balls. Going to have to go slow and patient with slants and curls alot. But if you have a walk on 40 some overall on your line your not going to be doing anything at all and you'll be fired after year one. So want least 6 or 7 offensive lineman. A QB obviously. Then WR or RB based off your scheme. Defensively. I try to recruit least a starter in each my positions so 2 CB.I 2 Saftey. 3 Linebackers etc. So starting 11 on defense is a must. So with 11 defenders and 6 or 7 o lineman and a QB your at around 18, which leaves you at 7 for RB/WR/TE and any depth guys you may want such as a nickle corner or an extra d-lineman. I look for as many JUCO guys I can. I don't know if you set any rules for yourself recruiting wise. But esp at QB I try get a decent 2 star JUCO to start off and get a Freshman QB as back up to try and redshirt.
Old 08-08-2018, 01:32 PM   #5
Rookie

I like the idea of all seniors. Never tried that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2018, 05:42 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchtkh
I like the idea of all seniors. Never tried that.
I did it for UAB once. Was difficult because you have no depth almost all your backups will be 40 some overall. But you get a lot looks in recruiting for playing time. Really got to recruit evenly your first sim year though.
Old 08-09-2018, 12:44 PM   #7
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsr862
I did it for UAB once. Was difficult because you have no depth almost all your backups will be 40 some overall. But you get a lot looks in recruiting for playing time. Really got to recruit evenly your first sim year though.
yeah, you NEED house recruiting rules if you do this. Limit your talent pool.

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-17-2018, 11:14 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

how do u redshirt players if you use a team from team builder... also for house rules.. I will limit myself to 1 5 * 1 4 * unlimited 3*s under 75 overall 2* and 1*...

Also my other question is.. I know I can only offer 25 scholarships but can i still have more then 25 players commit to my club or only 25 max per year with or without a scholarship?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »