Home

IMV Gaming's Gridiron Champions

This is a discussion on IMV Gaming's Gridiron Champions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 04:26 PM   #9
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: IMV Gaming's Gridiron Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Gorilla
They're still likely 2 years out from release date. Maybe even further, I can handle a delay if what I'm gonna get is a finished product.

I imagine it'll be released in August of 2020, at least you would think that would be their goal release
If they don't start development soon, such as getting into computers and start programming, they won't make the 2020 release. It takes a long time to build a game from scratch.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be buying it if it ever hits the market. I just don't have much faith that it will at this point. The guys have no background in gaming at all, they're just trying to push their idea to have it made by someone else.

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-14-2018, 08:07 PM   #10
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Gorilla
They're still likely 2 years out from release date. Maybe even further, I can handle a delay if what I'm gonna get is a finished product.

I imagine it'll be released in August of 2020, at least you would think that would be their goal release
I'm all for them taking as much time as they need to get a finished product out. I just don't believe it's actually happening. They haven't even started building the game yet as far as we know. I think there's more of a chance NCAA comes back than IMV actually releases this in 2020, and it's not some garbage like Joe Montana Football was.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-14-2018, 08:43 PM   #11
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
I'm all for them taking as much time as they need to get a finished product out. I just don't believe it's actually happening. They haven't even started building the game yet as far as we know. I think there's more of a chance NCAA comes back than IMV actually releases this in 2020, and it's not some garbage like Joe Montana Football was.

I think the part in bold is why it won't make it to production, because they're not going to get a developer on board. I'm sure they have been met with the argument "If this was a profitable idea, EA would already be making it."

EA has the most complete football engine out there and refuses to make a generic game (which I would 100% buy). If they wont do it, no one else will either.

Major Boise State fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2018, 10:36 PM   #12
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
I think the part in bold is why it won't make it to production, because they're not going to get a developer on board. I'm sure they have been met with the argument "If this was a profitable idea, EA would already be making it."

EA has the most complete football engine out there and refuses to make a generic game (which I would 100% buy). If they wont do it, no one else will either.
I don't know why EA refuses to make a generic game. Make everything fully customizable and shareable and you're good. 2K has been doing it for a few years now, you can make colleges true to life if you put a few hours into the team editor. The game would sell a ton, especially if they made an ultimate team with former college stars. Let people customize their UT so they can play with Bama, Ohio State, whoever. That game would sell. I have no doubt about it.

Although, Flemlo raps, a youtuber, idk if you know him, said that some studio that's made lacrosse and rugby games is on board. But that was ages ago and he hasn't posted anything about them in months, maybe even coming up on a year. He was one of the insiders from day 1 too. I think we're gonna be playing NCAA 14 for at least another 5 years. Just wish the guys that wanted to be in the game could just sign something, get a free copy of the game and be done with it, but I guess they're not allowed any compensation for all their hard work.

Well I went to his channel, he did make a video saying the game is fully funded. I don't know, watch it and see what you think. Sounds real good, but a game that's supposed to release in 2 years and they don't have anything but concepts to show? I won't even allow myself to get my hopes up until I see a beta. Video link is below.

https://youtu.be/oQaUSVpRFLw

Last edited by young22; 08-14-2018 at 10:47 PM.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:45 PM   #13
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
I don't know why EA refuses to make a generic game. Make everything fully customizable and shareable and you're good. 2K has been doing it for a few years now, you can make colleges true to life if you put a few hours into the team editor. The game would sell a ton, especially if they made an ultimate team with former college stars. Let people customize their UT so they can play with Bama, Ohio State, whoever. That game would sell. I have no doubt about it.

Although, Flemlo raps, a youtuber, idk if you know him, said that some studio that's made lacrosse and rugby games is on board. But that was ages ago and he hasn't posted anything about them in months, maybe even coming up on a year. He was one of the insiders from day 1 too. I think we're gonna be playing NCAA 14 for at least another 5 years. Just wish the guys that wanted to be in the game could just sign something, get a free copy of the game and be done with it, but I guess they're not allowed any compensation for all their hard work.

Well I went to his channel, he did make a video saying the game is fully funded. I don't know, watch it and see what you think. Sounds real good, but a game that's supposed to release in 2 years and they don't have anything but concepts to show? I won't even allow myself to get my hopes up until I see a beta. Video link is below.

I love flemlo’s videos actually lol. His where are they now stories are great. First I’ve heard it’s funded, but still at a standstill.

I agree, sign a waiver and get a copy of the game. Amazing the NCAA won’t allow this, but the players can get hundreds of dollars worth of free stuff for going to a bowl game and that’s fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-15-2018, 12:01 AM   #14
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
I love flemlo’s videos actually lol. His where are they now stories are great. First I’ve heard it’s funded, but still at a standstill.

I agree, sign a waiver and get a copy of the game. Amazing the NCAA won’t allow this, but the players can get hundreds of dollars worth of free stuff for going to a bowl game and that’s fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yeah like 95% of these guys are all for it, would be happy just seeing themselves in a game. So many athletes still play NCAA, I saw Allen Robinson tweet about it, some college QB offered to pay money to have it back. An NFL wide receiver still plays his Xbox 360? What that tell you about the popularity of this game?

And even the guys that wanted money got what, 1600 dollars? I heard something like that. If we going "no compensation" then athletes shouldn't get the mountains of gear they get, the free stuff from going to bowls like you said. I don't know why that's cool but a free copy of a game isn't. Some player got in trouble for selling an Xbox he got from a bowl game which is crazy to me. That ain't his to do what he wants with? Same with the rings and memorabilia, like the player won that, not the NCAA executives.

I hope Flemlo has some insider info that makes him so confident that the game is back. Love his videos but idk what he sees in IMV.

Old 08-15-2018, 03:54 PM   #15
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

Quote:
If they don't start development soon, such as getting into computers and start programming, they won't make the 2020 release. It takes a long time to build a game from scratch.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be buying it if it ever hits the market. I just don't have much faith that it will at this point. The guys have no background in gaming at all, they're just trying to push their idea to have it made by someone else.
For the game to be successful, it doesn't even have to compete with Madden or NCAA. All it has to do is just 3 things:

1. Be something different and unique
2. Be a full product with plenty of Alpha and Beta testing
3. Hang with the big boys

We're basically talking about Alabama versus Idaho.
The only thing you'd want to see Idaho do is just compete and hang in there.

If IMV is watching Madden and how it's failing and why, they have an easy shot at turning heads away.

They did in fact have a Newsletter in July, not yet in August. Could be some turmoil going on in the Dev team, moving studios, vacations, who knows.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2018, 04:27 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:

Those Rugby and Lacrosse games are just not good. Having played and owned the lacrosse game, if the football game is like that then it'll be a let down for sure.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »