Home

What happened here?

This is a discussion on What happened here? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2004, 10:06 AM   #1
Rookie

Icebergz's Arena

OVR: 5
What happened here?

I just finished my first year recruiting and there were several 4* players who didn't sign with anyone. Some of these players head me in their top 3. I never remember seeing this in last year's games. Also, my roster only had 64 players, and the cpu didn't give me any walk ons?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2004, 01:42 PM   #2
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: What happened here?

you only get a walk on if you need them like not enough depth at certain spot. As for the non recruits don't know what to tell you because it happens to everyone they just end up walking on somewhere else.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:47 PM   #3
Rookie

Icebergz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar
you only get a walk on if you need them like not enough depth at certain spot. As for the non recruits don't know what to tell you because it happens to everyone they just end up walking on somewhere else.
So you're saying even though I only have 64 guys on my roster and I don't have depth problems at any position, I still won't get any walk ons? Sounds pretty stupid to me. As for the high rated players not signing with anyone...that sounds like a bad glitch to me.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:55 PM   #4
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

well be that as it may yes you will not pick up any walk ons. As for that being a glitch it could be but they do walk on somewhere so don't know what to tell you.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:47 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebergz
So you're saying even though I only have 64 guys on my roster and I don't have depth problems at any position, I still won't get any walk ons? Sounds pretty stupid to me. As for the high rated players not signing with anyone...that sounds like a bad glitch to me.
It's not a glitch. Those players are academically ineligible. If you scout the recruits, you'd know which players to avoid (those that have low discipline ratings).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2004, 02:41 AM   #6
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

Geez...I thought it was a glitch...it never occured to me they were academically ineligable.

I just took over UNLV who was 3 prestiege and had the #2 DE in the country wanting to play for me. On Wk 5 I took a gamble on a LB that was also a blue chip...but neither signed.

When I went to check them out after Wk5 both of them were still high interest and UNLV as their #1 choice...I was bummed.

Does this mean they might sign with me next year as Soph ?
Old 08-26-2004, 07:02 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I thought that as well .. maybe next year. Some of those guys are really good.

But .. no chance. They've no doubt ended up in prison or at the local 7-11.

I still think it falls more towqard the "glitchy" side than "feature". The fact is .. in the real world .. anybody can get in to college .. ANYBODY .. and even graduate at certain universities. And at those same certain universities they don't care if you graduate and most don't.

There's a billion ways around academically ineligible.

JB
Old 08-26-2004, 11:25 AM   #8
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

true, but for a game they really can't give you ways around that. Since I always play as small schools and don't scout the players, would it tell you they are ineligible? Or does it just give a real low score for behavior and on field awareness?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »