Home

Have you ever gone into a game secretly hoping to loose?

This is a discussion on Have you ever gone into a game secretly hoping to loose? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2018, 08:18 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Have you ever gone into a game secretly hoping to loose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyMela
I always play to loose myself. But never to lose, if that is what you mean?
Right on with the beer. I literally checked twice to avoid stuff like that and yet still it happened. Lol 🍻
Old 10-23-2018, 11:07 PM   #10
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13

Sometimes I wish the cpu would play better and beat me like madden does
Old 10-29-2018, 11:30 AM   #11
MVP

I just had my most dominant performance ever against Cal in my 07 dynasty and I thought they'd be the first team to give me a challenge all year. They were ranked A+ across the board just like I was. I think the final was 45-0. I've never been so disappointed to win.

Two seasons ago I had two regular season losses that were assisted by lack of attention. It was exciting to keep things lively.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2018, 11:32 AM   #12
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

Player lock is a great equalizer towards the CPU.
Old 10-29-2018, 06:24 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by minikiller
Spoiler
Haha anyway we both finished with 450plus yards of offense, my biggest thing is I still can’t stop the pass. I play 3-4 D typically. I’m 1st in the nation against the run giving up just under 80 a game but 122nd in passing giving up nearly 280.
I can totally relate to this sentiment of ranking in the top for rush defense but horrible in pass defense. I seem to always allow like 60 rushing yards a game even though I run a 4-2-5 and defend pass 70 vs defend run 20. It just doesn't make sense, but it's mainly the sliders.

As for "wanting" to lose, I understand your point, but I haven't gotten to that point in my dynasty yet. I did a ULM dynasty and they have a 94 base OVR WR with ridiculous speed and their skill players mesh well with my custom playbook.

So in my second season, after going 4-8, I decided to test myself with a road game to Penn State which was ranked 11th at the time. Needless to say I found myself winning late in the 4th quarter, and these sliders were Heisman and the year before I got blown out by 40+ points to OU in non-con. I actually had a chance to win it, but went uber conservative and actually forced myself to lose it. I was 0-2 going into the game so it didn't feel right being 4-10 and beating an 11th ranked team on the road, especially because I was 4-1 in games that I played. (I mainly sim dynasties that I don't report over on OS)
Old 10-30-2018, 06:18 PM   #14

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

I never go into a game wanting to lose, but when I do, it is welcomed. Makes for better story-telling when adversity hits every now and then.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 11-06-2018, 10:49 AM   #15
Rookie

I've started this offseason (1st) after a dynasty reboot, and trying to improve the recruiting class of teams that finished in the top 10. Going through and giving each true freshman a +5 OVR ratings boost to keep the top teams at the top and keep them very competitive going against the user. I haven't faced a team that I've improved yet, or haven't been through a second season to see if it helps, but I don't like playing year 4 or 5 and having Army #1 and undefeated, Navy #3 and having top 10 recruiting classes. So my intent was to keep teams like USC, Alabama, Clemson, Ohio St, Michigan, Oklahoma, etc, at the top and make them harder to beat during bowl season or during the regular season when I get to a Power 5 school. Even though the top 10 will not always be the same, there will always be the usual suspects and I hope it creates more parity when I get to Power 5 level and not go 13-1, or 14-0 every year and win 7 0f 10 national championships. I already do all the hard sliders and play calling restrictions and house rules, so I'm basically just wondering if anyone has tried something like this...and their results.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2018, 01:26 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerfan01
I can totally relate to this sentiment of ranking in the top for rush defense but horrible in pass defense. I seem to always allow like 60 rushing yards a game even though I run a 4-2-5 and defend pass 70 vs defend run 20. It just doesn't make sense, but it's mainly the sliders.
It's the fatigue. I used to have this happen habitually with any slider set I tried, then when I turned fatigue off, CPU running game got much better. More consistently ranked nation average in D.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »