Home

Which one to play?? (finally able to get PS2 emulator playing well)

This is a discussion on Which one to play?? (finally able to get PS2 emulator playing well) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2018, 07:05 PM   #9
Rookie

LuckySeven's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Which one to play?? (finally able to get PS2 emulator playing well)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minotauri
Best gameplay. Best soundtrack. Best presentation.
It was the only one that had a soundtrack outside of the college fight songs, so it kinda gets that by default.
Old 10-09-2018, 10:36 AM   #10
Rookie

redwo1f's Arena

OVR: 0

Thank you for the feedback gentlemen

Yes, I knew about the scheduling problems with '04.
'05 I can't do. The drops kill me and ruin the game.
'07 - if it is anything like the PSP version, gamespeed is wayyy to high, but worse is the momentum - ruins it as well (recently ran an AI vs AI game with a B vs B- team and the score was 78-14 for example, ughhh!)

I will look at '06, '09, and '11 and test out on-field game play (I haven't heard there is anything really wrong with franchise/legacy with either and all are solid in these regards? (eg. recruiting classes, scheduling, recruiting, progression). I am prepared to slider tweak (been developing sliders for madden PC '03-'08 in the past so I am no stranger to that whatsoever, lol).

I think I am going to run a bunch of games AI vs AI default first to get an indication of the game engines I am looking at. I know being a statistical realism freak and coach mode player (who also spectates other matches), what works or doesn't work for me may work for you (ie, NFL2k5 which so many rave about (though it has great animations and presentation!!!!) is actually a poor engine when it comes to statistical realism in AI vs AI games and coach mode franchises (though it may be okay with those who control their players) even with slider and roster adjustments - big issues with comp% and problems with sack averages, YPC, yards per catch, etc.).

...and soundtrack and also violations and conference ejections/promotions aren't that important to me - on field game play first and foremost. But like I said, if any of you are aware of any legacy/franchise issues for these 3 that I am going test out hard, give me a shout.

(damn, '06 runs realllly fast ...)

Once again, thanks for the info, much appreciated

Last edited by redwo1f; 10-09-2018 at 10:53 AM.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:02 PM   #11
Pro

esayem's Arena

OVR: 3

Somebody once said 09, or maybe 08, the clock doesn’t stop when you run out of bounds. Haven’t tested it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2018, 01:06 PM   #12
Rookie

Muchacho are you playing on an emulator or an actual PS2? Just curious!!
Old 10-09-2018, 07:48 PM   #13
Rookie

redwo1f's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by esayem
Somebody once said 09, or maybe 08, the clock doesn’t stop when you run out of bounds. Haven’t tested it.
Nope, haven't noticed that but I will keep an eye on it, thanks.

...and interesting - was planning on going '09 vs '11 head to head to eliminate one quickly to go against what I thought was going to be the possible best ('06) - but damn, early indicators to me with the pure unaltered game play engines seem to show '06 actually being the worst of the 3, '09 the best ('09 is looking real good at the moment tbh).
Old 10-09-2018, 08:51 PM   #14
Pro

esayem's Arena

OVR: 3

What about 10?
Old 10-10-2018, 07:10 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar345
Muchacho are you playing on an emulator or an actual PS2? Just curious!!

I’m on console. Not caught up with computer gaming.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2018, 11:20 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

I own and have played all the NCAA Football PS2 games from 06 through 11. I thought I would share my thoughts and experiences. With a strong CPU and graphics card, all the NCAA PS2 games look amazing on the PCSX2 emulator. I understand that many prefer the 06 version of the game for a variety of reasons. However, my issue with 06 is that there is no ability to challenge calls feature on the field and the playbooks are not expanded like they are with 07 and later. I have played and enjoyed 07 for a while, but the momentum meter makes beating a Top 25 team near impossible. A turnover or giving up a score makes it almost impossible to recover. 08 had suspect pursuit angles by defenders in the secondary. 09 was a solid game. Not sure that 09 had any flaws. However, I believe NCAA 10 and 11 for the PS2 had additional features such as medical redshirts, preseason drills and player promises. NCAA 11 for the PS2 has numerous problems with uniform glitches (ex. UCLA pants had texture problems) and conference patches covering up brand patches (Nike, Addidas, etc) for many of the teams. Basically, no effort was put into the PS2 version of the NCAA 11 game by EA’s software developers and it shows. NCAA 10 is the exact same game as NCAA 11 without the uniform problems. It appears that several of the alternate jerseys for various teams that are found in NCAA 07 do not appear in later versions of the game (NCAA 09, 10 and 11). Not sure why they were removed unless it was due to a space shortage on disk. Also, it appears that 10 and 11 have every player on all the 1-AA teams playing with kicker helmets. Long story short, I played NCAA 07 for a while and moved to NCAA 10 to get the additional features such as medical redshirts, preseason drills and player promises.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »