Home

Fix for PS3 TB Dynasty File/Editor Logo Issue

This is a discussion on Fix for PS3 TB Dynasty File/Editor Logo Issue within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2018, 07:34 AM   #1
Rookie

Incendiary's Arena

OVR: 1

The fix I mentioned was success on 24 of 24 different TB Dynasty files that I tested. So I will share it with everyone now. I also included a zip with the instructions and screenshots.

1. Save your dynasty twice, making a file for editing and an unedited file. My created team is the Wolf Pack so I named them wolfpack and wolfpack2. Wolfpack2 is my unedited file. For these instruction, I will refer to the 2 files by my save names.

2. Open the edited file (wolfpack) with bruteforce, decrypt the file.

3. Remove the part of the file needed to allow opening in the editor. This is the part listed on the forums to get PS3 TB Dynasty files to work with the modified editor.

4. Add .mc02 to the end of the file and open in the editor.

5. Do the edits you want and save.

6. Remove the .mc02 from the end of the file.

7. Use bruteforce to decrypt the unedited file (wolfpack2).

8. Use HxD, open both the unedited (wolfpack2) and edited files (wolfpack).

9. Copy the top portion of data from the unedited file (wolfpack2) into the edited file (wolfpack). This is the data removed during step 2.

10. Scroll to the bottom of the edited file (wolfpack), write down what offset it ends at. You will need it shortly.

11. Scroll to the bottom of the unedited file (wolfpack2), notice how much more info the unedited file has. Left Click at the end of the data. Select edit on HxD menu bar and pick select block. In the window that opens, write down the offset listed in ending offset. You will need it shortly.

12. While on the unedited file (wolfpack2), select edit on HxD menu bar and pick select block. In the window that opens, put the offset(step 10) you wrote down into Start-offset and End-offset then hit OK. The program should move you to that point in the file.

13. Left Click on the first data not common with the edited file.

14. Select edit on HxD menu bar and pick select block. In the window that opens, put the ending offset(step 11) into the End-offset space. The Start-offset and End-offset should have different numbers in them. Hit OK.

15. The program should highlight a large amount of info. Right click and copy the highlighted area.

16. Go back to the edited file (wolfpack), behind the last block of data left click. The cursor should move there. Right click and pick Paste write. The data from the unedited file should be pasted in.

17. Save the edited file (wolfpack).

18. Encrypt both the edited file (wolfpack) and the unedited file (wolfpack2) with bruteforce.

19. Look at the file sizes of both the edited (wolfpack) and unedited (wolfpack2) files. They both should be just over 8mb and the same size. If they aren't, something was missed in the process and your logos won't show.

20a. If step 18 is correct, reload your dynasty file on your PS3.

20b. If step 18 is not correct, the process has to start over from step 1.

21. If everything went correctly, enjoy your edited file with logos.

Video Tutorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3v-...ature=youtu.be

dynasty editor fix.txt
Attached Files
File Type: txt dynasty editor fix.txt (2.7 KB, 110 views)

Last edited by Incendiary; 10-18-2018 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Added Video Tutorial Link
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2018, 04:12 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Fix for PS3 TB Dynasty File/Editor Logo Issue

A very exciting development! Thank you so much for your work and for sharing this! I look forward to trying this out.
Old 10-16-2018, 09:14 PM   #3
Rookie

TomahawkNation's Arena

OVR: 0

Tried this a few times this evening to set up a four team playoff in my team builder dynasty but had no luck. The files were the same size (edited & unedited) when I was finished so unsure of what I’m doing wrong?

In step 9 you’re copying/pasting the blocks originally removed to the edited file, correct?
Old 10-16-2018, 09:40 PM   #4
Rookie

Incendiary's Arena

Yes, copy the info from the unedited file that was deleted to the edited file.

If you continue to have problems, try to share the edited and unedited versions for one of the files here. I will see if I can get it to work or figure out what is different.

If I get time, I will try making a video doing the fix to post.

Last edited by Incendiary; 10-16-2018 at 09:47 PM.
Old 10-16-2018, 09:55 PM   #5
Rookie

TomahawkNation's Arena

Thank you! This would be a serious game changer, especially if EA ever brings back the teambuilder site. Will attempt again tomorrow when I have some free time and if I’m still unsuccessful I’ll link my files.

Side note: One odd thing I noticed on my first attempt is it didn’t necessarily remove my team logo altogether but copied/duplicated the logo of the opposing team? (Ex: I was scheduled to face Georgia with my adjustments and the game displayed a Georgia logo for my teambuilder team)

Last edited by TomahawkNation; 10-16-2018 at 09:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2018, 12:29 PM   #6
Rookie

Incendiary's Arena

Link to Video Tutorial added in top post.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:20 PM   #7
Rookie

TomahawkNation's Arena

Awesome! Got it to work for 4 team playoff. Thanks again sir!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »