Home

NCAA 14 (360) - Setting up for 2018?

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 (360) - Setting up for 2018? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2018, 04:24 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA 14 (360) - Setting up for 2018?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokie525
If you follow the link below, I posted a detailed step by step process to import the schedule file if you need help doing it.
Fantastic, thank you.
So, I save once I get into preseason then follow your steps. And individual conference settings don't matter? Never know what to set those to. Rivalries and all that...
Old 10-23-2018, 11:15 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
Fantastic, thank you.
So, I save once I get into preseason then follow your steps. And individual conference settings don't matter? Never know what to set those to. Rivalries and all that...
Yes, once you get past the dynasty setup menu, your dynasty will load to the preseason menu. From here dont touch anything else, just save it to your usb and follow the steps I gave. As far as the conference settings go, follow the conference realignment link that was posted earlier and you should be good to go. I havent done those changes personally so I cant say for sure if they would create a problem, but I dont see a reason why they would.
Old 10-23-2018, 02:39 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
I havent done those changes personally so I cant say for sure if they would create a problem, but I dont see a reason why they would.
Thank you! You seem to have a firm grasp of the game and how it replicates the sport and as I've said, I follow College Football from Canada and I'm able to follow my Irish (a lifelong fan due in large part to Joe Montana) but still, the intricacies of the college conference and bowl systems aren't something I'm super familiar with, so let me ask you...

1. To what extent do you think updating the game's schedule to 2018 is worth it if you can't have exact conferences anyway? Isn't the schedule each year heavily dependent on who the teams know are in their conference?
2. Is the "system" that chooses the bowl matchups for the game to replicate how the ncaa was in 2013 similar enough to the way it is today? Let me explain how my brain is thinking (probably incorrectly)... If the playoff system has changed things significantly, is it better to just pretend we're in 2013 with 2018 teams than to mess with conferences and everything? In essence, does the conference realignment become a purely cosmetic change that actually causes problems with rating teams for bowls?

Thank you!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2018, 03:03 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Thank you! You seem to have a firm grasp of the game and how it replicates the sport and as I've said, I follow College Football from Canada and I'm able to follow my Irish (a lifelong fan due in large part to Joe Montana) but still, the intricacies of the college conference and bowl systems aren't something I'm super familiar with, so let me ask you...

1. To what extent do you think updating the game's schedule to 2018 is worth it if you can't have exact conferences anyway? Isn't the schedule each year heavily dependent on who the teams know are in their conference?
2. Is the "system" that chooses the bowl matchups for the game to replicate how the ncaa was in 2013 similar enough to the way it is today? Let me explain how my brain is thinking (probably incorrectly)... If the playoff system has changed things significantly, is it better to just pretend we're in 2013 with 2018 teams than to mess with conferences and everything? In essence, does the conference realignment become a purely cosmetic change that actually causes problems with rating teams for bowls?

Thank you!
Well I grew up in a college town (Blacksburg, VA/Virginia Tech) and still live right down the road so I'm a college football fanatic. I actually went up to South Bend the other year when VT played the Irish, which was definitely an awesome experience! That's cool that you still keep up with college football and its a great year to be a Irish fan lol. I'm not sure if I'm fully understanding your questions, so I'll try my best to answer them and hopefully they'll address what youre asking.

1. As mentioned before, I haven't actually done the conference realignment myself, but as long as you follow the guide, the conferences should be pretty much what they are in real life, but without the new teams. After changing the conferences, implementing the 2018 schedule file, then the teams will be in their current conferences with their current schedules.

2. So for the playoff system, there is a way to do this in the editor as well, which is awesome although its even more work in the editor. There is a thread that shows the process for this which I will post below. Essentially, you will be removing one bowl game that you dont care about and use this extra bowl game as the "National Championship" and you kind of have to do some team/bowl shifting to get the correct seeds in the right games (Rose bowl, cotton bowl, etc.)

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-modding.html

Just let me know if you need anymore help!

Last edited by VTHokie525; 10-23-2018 at 03:05 PM.
Old 10-26-2018, 05:13 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Just let me know if you need anymore help!
Thanks for your thorough reply. I guess what I had asked was a little confusing, let me boil it down further using NHL2K as an example...
I play a lot of NHL2K10 since the EA series became unplayable for realistic offline play. But in 2K10, there's not much you can do to properly place teams into their correct divisions. And there's absolutely nothing you can do to add a current schedule or even moreso to have the 31 teams because the NHL only had 30 back then. So rather than keep trying to create mods to fix this, we just play by accepting that you're playing a 2009-10 schedule and you knock out one team every year to allow the Vegas team to be there. At the end of the day, those of us who play just say: who cares, the rosters are right, the uniforms are more or less there, the game still plays well and the teams all have the right players because of our updated rosters. So what I was asking was, if you have a roster file for NCAA14 which is up to date for the 2018-19 season, is there any point to messing with the game so much to get an updated schedule and conferences if in the end you can't REALLY get the correct conferences in there because teams are missing and therefore the schedule doesn't have as significant of an importance. So that's what I was asking. Do you think there's a point in doing anything other than getting an up to date roster file.

And secondly which do you use? I've used VikesFan for years, and have heard it's good, but have also heard that the ones by Darkjr4 are good, possibly better. Any thoughts on that?
Old 10-26-2018, 06:01 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Thanks for your thorough reply. I guess what I had asked was a little confusing, let me boil it down further using NHL2K as an example...
I play a lot of NHL2K10 since the EA series became unplayable for realistic offline play. But in 2K10, there's not much you can do to properly place teams into their correct divisions. And there's absolutely nothing you can do to add a current schedule or even moreso to have the 31 teams because the NHL only had 30 back then. So rather than keep trying to create mods to fix this, we just play by accepting that you're playing a 2009-10 schedule and you knock out one team every year to allow the Vegas team to be there. At the end of the day, those of us who play just say: who cares, the rosters are right, the uniforms are more or less there, the game still plays well and the teams all have the right players because of our updated rosters. So what I was asking was, if you have a roster file for NCAA14 which is up to date for the 2018-19 season, is there any point to messing with the game so much to get an updated schedule and conferences if in the end you can't REALLY get the correct conferences in there because teams are missing and therefore the schedule doesn't have as significant of an importance. So that's what I was asking. Do you think there's a point in doing anything other than getting an up to date roster file.

And secondly which do you use? I've used VikesFan for years, and have heard it's good, but have also heard that the ones by Darkjr4 are good, possibly better. Any thoughts on that?
So I guess it's really up to you at that point. The thing about the NHL game you spoke of, is that you're missing one team out of a league of only 31 teams, so I would say it's kind of a big deal...but the NCAA has 100+ teams and you're only missing five teams, which honestly arent all that good. I like everything to be as realistic as possible so once I start my dynasty, I'll definitely be switching the conferences around and importing the 2018 schedule. As I mentioned, once you change the conferences and import the 2018 schedule, everything will be as it is in real life except for those five teams.

I dont know too much about the darkjr roster as I haven't checked it for a while but I would presume it's closer to completion if not completed already. Vikesfan roster will be much more thorough although it will take longer to complete. I also have past rosters if you ever wanted those by chance.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited by VTHokie525; 10-27-2018 at 02:27 PM.
Old 11-11-2018, 12:25 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
If you follow the link below, I posted a detailed step by step process to import the schedule file if you need help doing it.
I followed your steps and the conference realignment guide. Keep getting this problem, any thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »