Home

Coaching career of Matthew Vincent (NCAA FOOTBALL 2014)

This is a discussion on Coaching career of Matthew Vincent (NCAA FOOTBALL 2014) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 12:34 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Coaching career of Matthew Vincent (NCAA FOOTBALL 2014)

Indiana Hoosiers new Offensive Coordinator is surprise selection!

Indiana football hasn't had a winning season since the crazy year that was 2007! After losing at least 7 games each season for 11 years, they announced for 2019 they will be adding Matthew Vincent as an offensive coordinator! Vincent is a surprise selection as he was a punter at D-II MWSU and not really a standout. However, he has recently done well at the High School level, and why not give the man a shot? It's not like the Hoosiers are risking much. They haven't been to a bowl game in years, haven't won a conference title since 1967, and the last time they were ranked was back when Bill Clinton was in his first term!

Matthew Vincent
Former Punter for Missouri Western State University
Height: 5-10
Weight: 180
Class: Senior
Hometown: Lyons, Kan.
High School: Lyons

2016: MIAA Academic Honor Roll...ranked tenth in the MIAA with 11 punts downed inside the 20-yard line and 1749 yards...averaged 35.7 yards per punt with a long of 51 yards

2015: Third team All-MIAA...MIAA Scholar-Athlete (3.5 GPA and All-MIAA)...MIAA Academic Honor Roll...led MIAA with 21 punts downed inside the 20-yard line...third in the MIAA with 24 fair catches...averaged 39.4 yards per punt with a long-kick of 70 yards.

Fort Scott Community College: NJCAA Player of the week...First team All-Conference punter...All-Region 6 team.

High School: Four-year letter winner...captain of his team for two years and honorable mention All-league.

Personal: Son of Cameron Vincent and Karla McMillan...favorite sports moment is winning state championship in baseball...favorite food is Italian...wants to be a coach and teacher.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2018, 12:40 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Coaching career of Matthew Vincent (NCAA FOOTBALL 2014)

Vincent speaks after announced as coordinator

"You know, it's rare to get an opportunity to continue on in athletics. I thought I was just going to teach high school and coach high school football, but someone noticed me! I am honored to get the opportunity to coach at Indiana!

Obviously things haven't been great here since before I was born. The last bowl victory was 1991!

Now, I am not the head coach, so I won't speak out of turn. But 2019 is looking bright, and I for one cannot wait. I have no doubt we will challenge Penn State/Ohio State/Michigan State/Michigan, and definitely contend for a bowl big!"
Old 11-25-2018, 12:52 AM   #3
Rookie

Dynasty details

Simming to the 2019 season. I'll tweak rosters at that point if needed to balance stuff out, but I have no doubt it'll still be fairly accurate.

Sliders: AA, custom set, 9 minute quarters.

Playbook: Boise State

Scheduling: Indiana will play Kentucky OOC every single year. Past that, rules are as follows.

One Pac-12 team of equalish value.
One FCS team or One Group of 5 team of slightly better value.

If/when Indiana wins a bowl game they get to upgrade to a pre-season ranked OOC opponent from a P5 conference and no longer FCS.

So essentially:

Win a bowl game, ranked OOC opponent
Lose/no bowl game, FCS opponent or unranked G5 opponent

I'll start posting schedules and stuff tomorrow, games Wednesday!
Old 11-25-2018, 01:05 PM   #4

NewNapkin's Arena

OVR: 9

This belongs in the Football Dynasty section.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »