Home

Why NCAA Football 14 is the greatest Football video game of all time

This is a discussion on Why NCAA Football 14 is the greatest Football video game of all time within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2018, 11:16 AM   #9
Rookie

sXeInYoFace's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Why NCAA Football 14 is the greatest Football video game of all time

im in the minority because i love ncaa 13. i own and have played 14 but i cant get past the graphics (looks like an arcade game to me, i think 13 looks more life-like), no assisted tackles (not a real game breaker but i hate to have the nations leader in tackles every year), not many penalties (i know 13 is no bargain either but i feel like there are more compared to 14), and coaching trees (horrible in my opinion, i understand the concept of it but i dont think i should be able to know the next play because ive reached the god like coachstradamus...or whatever it is called). i think the fatigue and home field advantage concepts are broken...i have read that you have to switch it on and off at the beginning of the 2nd half just so the cpu has a fighting chance to compete. now, if anyone can point me in the right direction in terms of sliders, penalties, auto-subs etc...i would give it a shot again just because it has been so long since i have played, maybe it would change my mind. i want to give it a new and fresh start. someone please help me out.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:40 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

i was trying to play 13 the other day. I didnt see where they did live game stats during the game like 14. Am i just missing that?

Like 10-13 for 150 yds would pop up or 13 carries for 40 yards.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:43 PM   #11
Pro

So, for they were going to release another version, I would want the fans like us to weigh in on the things we want to see. Like on 06, I like to see the players of the game named at the end. Wouldn't it be cool if they would add the Aflac trivia question in the video game? I like a lot that 14 has to offer. Maybe don't make the controls so dang advanced. Some fans were saying that base align isn't totally correct on some plays. Also, on 11 and 14, the defensive adjustments that you might want to make, here is no time to do it before the CPU snaps the ball. I am not a huge fan of the kick meter, I mean it's okay, but the 06 and Madden ones are better. Dang, I want a new NCAA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2018, 07:50 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegefbfan
So, for they were going to release another version, I would want the fans like us to weigh in on the things we want to see. Like on 06, I like to see the players of the game named at the end. Wouldn't it be cool if they would add the Aflac trivia question in the video game? I like a lot that 14 has to offer. Maybe don't make the controls so dang advanced. Some fans were saying that base align isn't totally correct on some plays. Also, on 11 and 14, the defensive adjustments that you might want to make, here is no time to do it before the CPU snaps the ball. I am not a huge fan of the kick meter, I mean it's okay, but the 06 and Madden ones are better. Dang, I want a new NCAA.
That's a great idea with the Aflac trivia question. Even just having historical college football statistics and/or facts during the loading screens would be great.
Old 12-13-2018, 01:17 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
That's a great idea with the Aflac trivia question. Even just having historical college football statistics and/or facts during the loading screens would be great.
I used to like how in the old ps2 versions when the game was loading up a rivalry game in your dynasty, they would list the results of like the last ten games in the rivalry. It really got you excited to get into the game knowing you were about to face a team that waxed you 42-7 or something the year before you started.

Edit: ...and to see a long streak of blowout losses start turning into blowout W's as the years progressed.

Last edited by Phil Spiderman; 12-13-2018 at 01:20 PM.
Old 12-13-2018, 04:08 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Spiderman
I used to like how in the old ps2 versions when the game was loading up a rivalry game in your dynasty, they would list the results of like the last ten games in the rivalry. It really got you excited to get into the game knowing you were about to face a team that waxed you 42-7 or something the year before you started.

Edit: ...and to see a long streak of blowout losses start turning into blowout W's as the years progressed.
I forgot about that. It was great.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:32 PM   #15
Pro

I was also thinking it would been kinda cool to see the refs actually throw the flag on a penalty. You know how during a broadcast, it will show the announcers comment on some plays, things that need to be changed to help the losing team come back. Another great thing would be to show the top ten or 25 while the game is going on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2018, 01:02 PM   #16
MVP

young22's Arena

It's the college atmosphere and player turnover, like I'm sure someone has said. 3 years in, the majority of your roster is players that you've recruited. 5 years in and every player in the database is fictional. Not only that, but NCAA 14 inexplicably reproduces real life in a way I've never seen any game do. Guys play above and below their ratings, I've benched 90 overall players for low 80s because the low 80s guy plays better. I've had 5 stars completely bust because they just don't perform. Clutch factor is a thing too, I'm sure we've all had that one guy that would always somehow make a huge play when we needed him the most. It just feels so much more organic than anything I've ever played. Never did have CH2K8, as I was like 6 or 7 when that came out. Can't speak on the super old games, but NCAA 14 is pretty easily the best sports game I've played.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »