Home

The Fatigue Off Thread

This is a discussion on The Fatigue Off Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-25-2018, 08:58 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: The Fatigue Off Thread

As I mentioned earlier, this is my (updated) Matt10 based tweaks that have worked excellent for me. First and foremost thing you have to do when turning fatigue off on a set is to tame the run game for both sides. Passing imo doesn't see much of a change from on to off.

QBA: 5-5
Pass Block: 35-40
WR Catch: 35-40
RB Ability: 40-40
Run Block: 5-25
Pass Cov: 25-30
INT: 40-25
Rush D: 5-25
Tackling: 25-25
Old 12-25-2018, 06:31 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Were both kinda tinkering but one of the issues I’ve seen in most cases, sliders or not, is how DB’s play the deep ball. They often just don’t react, allowing a WR to just jump and make a catch. They could be in perfect position but since they don’t play the ball, they get burned.

Obvious solutions are user control. Perhaps it’s an awareness issue, perhaps it’s solvable with sliders.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
That's so strange, because I usually see the opposite under most settings - DBs picking everything off, and the WRs having little to no chance in jumpball situations. Maybe that's something that happens with kits' set, which I find very interesting. I may have to play a few games with his set to test that. I'm testing the 50/50 ball situation right now. I'm currently playing a game where I control both offenses and throw nothing but go routes, into both one on one and double coverage.

Would you guys agree that in real life football the majority of deep balls result in an incompletion, in one way or another? The pass being either too deep or out of bounds, deflected, or dropped. That's sort of how I feel about it. Interceptions are usually rare, big moments in games, as are long distance completions.
Old 12-26-2018, 03:22 PM   #51
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
That's so strange, because I usually see the opposite under most settings - DBs picking everything off, and the WRs having little to no chance in jumpball situations. Maybe that's something that happens with kits' set, which I find very interesting. I may have to play a few games with his set to test that. I'm testing the 50/50 ball situation right now. I'm currently playing a game where I control both offenses and throw nothing but go routes, into both one on one and double coverage.

Would you guys agree that in real life football the majority of deep balls result in an incompletion, in one way or another? The pass being either too deep or out of bounds, deflected, or dropped. That's sort of how I feel about it. Interceptions are usually rare, big moments in games, as are long distance completions.
This has been one of my biggest complaints with NCAA 14. NCAA 13 it was too easy to throw the deep ball and they over corrected.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2018, 01:03 PM   #52
Pro

osubucki6's Arena

So I turned fatigue off for the first time ever in the middle of my second season at South Alabama, and here is what I have to say:
-injuries don’t seem that different with injury edits compared to fatigue on. I lost a corner for 11 weeks in week 7, a running back for the season in week 10 (the RB had concussions in week 7 and 8, was benched week 9 because of this, and then ruptured a disk in week 10), and a fullback for 3 weeks in week 10. I’ve also had the regular in game injuries that players return from. With fatigue on and injury edits I lost a WR for 5 weeks in week 1, a WR for 2 weeks in week 2, a LB for a week in week 5, a RB for 7 weeks in week 8, a WR for the season in week 10 and another in week 14. While I had more injuries on paper with fatigue on, you can see it was mostly WRs who I use as returners. I feel that was likely a main reason.

-defense has fallen off with fatigue off. With fatigue on I was the number one total defense, rush defense, and scoring defense in the Sun Belt while also leading the conference in INTs, takeaways, and defensive red zone efficiency. I led the nation in total defense, rush defense, red zone attempts allowed, and fewest red zone TDs while also giving up the second fewest PPG. With fatigue off my defense has been awful. It’s possible this is a factor of the players I lost. I lost 2 all conference DL, 3 all conference LBs, and 3 all conference DBs as well as my DC and LBs coach. I’ve led the nation in TOP both seasons and a lot of my defensive success came from keeping my opponent off the field, although my defense still played better. This year we can’t stop the run and can’t stop big plays. I’m wondering if part of the reason for this is my lack of rotation on the DL and LBs. I ask coach on defense and therefore can’t use package subs, and most of my formation subs are already used in the secondary or on offense. I think going forward I’m going to use these exclusively on defense and only use package subs on offense. My defensive line depth is extremely weak this year so it can fit a storyline but I don’t want to continue this going forward.

-my special teams have been awful. They were not great to start the 2013 season, but got much better later in the year. With fatigue off I have to be giving up at least 30 yards per kick return, probably closer to 40. None of my players get off blocks and it kills me.

-the CPU seems to run more. I gave up 387 rush yards on 29 attempts against ULL, 370 yards on 27 rushes against Navy, 211 yards on 34 rushes against Mississippi State, and even in a game I dominated throughout against New Mexico State, they ran it 34 times for 161 yards. On the flip side, I held ULM to -23 rush yards (still with fatigue off). I had them marked as a pass first offense and I held the ball for 79% of the game and that was my defenses only good game so I’m not upset. I think a big part of this has been my DL failing to shed blocks, which fits their ratings.

-almost no turnovers. I finally got a user pick for the first time this dynasty as the CPU usually throws it nowhere near me, but in total I probably have no more than 5 INTs through 10 games. Because I’ve been switching sides to set formation subs for the CPU I’ve also been setting their ball carrying adjustment to aggressive to try and cause more fumbles but it isn’t working. I would be surprised if I wasn’t dead last in the country in takeaways.

I ended up turning fatigue off after a week 5 win against Georgia (which actually seems somewhat realistic in hindsight) so I could give a somewhat brief game-by-game analysis if anyone is interested in seeing what actually changed once fatigue was turned off. But this is already a long post so I don’t want to if nobody is interested in it.
NBA-Sonics :'(
Old 12-30-2018, 11:52 AM   #53
Rookie

Is the fatigue only a problem in 14, or other years as well? Just curious bc I picked up a copy of 12 to go along with my madden 12 franchise I’m starting.

Old 12-30-2018, 02:22 PM   #54
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by muchacho
Is the fatigue only a problem in 14, or other years as well? Just curious bc I picked up a copy of 12 to go along with my madden 12 franchise I’m starting.

I had never heard of this until '14, but ever since, I have wondered if the same trick could have positive effects on past years. The only other version I currently have is '12, but I have never tried it.
Old 01-03-2019, 03:57 AM   #55
Rookie

NDGipper32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubucki6
So I turned fatigue off for the first time ever in the middle of my second season at South Alabama, and here is what I have to say:
-injuries don’t seem that different with injury edits compared to fatigue on. I lost a corner for 11 weeks in week 7, a running back for the season in week 10 (the RB had concussions in week 7 and 8, was benched week 9 because of this, and then ruptured a disk in week 10), and a fullback for 3 weeks in week 10. I’ve also had the regular in game injuries that players return from. With fatigue on and injury edits I lost a WR for 5 weeks in week 1, a WR for 2 weeks in week 2, a LB for a week in week 5, a RB for 7 weeks in week 8, a WR for the season in week 10 and another in week 14. While I had more injuries on paper with fatigue on, you can see it was mostly WRs who I use as returners. I feel that was likely a main reason.

-defense has fallen off with fatigue off. With fatigue on I was the number one total defense, rush defense, and scoring defense in the Sun Belt while also leading the conference in INTs, takeaways, and defensive red zone efficiency. I led the nation in total defense, rush defense, red zone attempts allowed, and fewest red zone TDs while also giving up the second fewest PPG. With fatigue off my defense has been awful. It’s possible this is a factor of the players I lost. I lost 2 all conference DL, 3 all conference LBs, and 3 all conference DBs as well as my DC and LBs coach. I’ve led the nation in TOP both seasons and a lot of my defensive success came from keeping my opponent off the field, although my defense still played better. This year we can’t stop the run and can’t stop big plays. I’m wondering if part of the reason for this is my lack of rotation on the DL and LBs. I ask coach on defense and therefore can’t use package subs, and most of my formation subs are already used in the secondary or on offense. I think going forward I’m going to use these exclusively on defense and only use package subs on offense. My defensive line depth is extremely weak this year so it can fit a storyline but I don’t want to continue this going forward.

-my special teams have been awful. They were not great to start the 2013 season, but got much better later in the year. With fatigue off I have to be giving up at least 30 yards per kick return, probably closer to 40. None of my players get off blocks and it kills me.

-the CPU seems to run more. I gave up 387 rush yards on 29 attempts against ULL, 370 yards on 27 rushes against Navy, 211 yards on 34 rushes against Mississippi State, and even in a game I dominated throughout against New Mexico State, they ran it 34 times for 161 yards. On the flip side, I held ULM to -23 rush yards (still with fatigue off). I had them marked as a pass first offense and I held the ball for 79% of the game and that was my defenses only good game so I’m not upset. I think a big part of this has been my DL failing to shed blocks, which fits their ratings.

-almost no turnovers. I finally got a user pick for the first time this dynasty as the CPU usually throws it nowhere near me, but in total I probably have no more than 5 INTs through 10 games. Because I’ve been switching sides to set formation subs for the CPU I’ve also been setting their ball carrying adjustment to aggressive to try and cause more fumbles but it isn’t working. I would be surprised if I wasn’t dead last in the country in takeaways.

I ended up turning fatigue off after a week 5 win against Georgia (which actually seems somewhat realistic in hindsight) so I could give a somewhat brief game-by-game analysis if anyone is interested in seeing what actually changed once fatigue was turned off. But this is already a long post so I don’t want to if nobody is interested in it.
Bring on the analysis. That's what this thread is for, fatigue off discussion. Can't discuss your game by game analysis., if you dont present it for discussion!

Current Dynasties ('14):
Playing: Year 6, New Mexico State Aggies 0-0. Week 1.

('11)
Idle: Year 9, Notre Dame Fighting Irish 0-0. Preseason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2019, 01:20 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
As I mentioned earlier, this is my (updated) Matt10 based tweaks that have worked excellent for me. First and foremost thing you have to do when turning fatigue off on a set is to tame the run game for both sides. Passing imo doesn't see much of a change from on to off.

QBA: 5-5
Pass Block: 35-40
WR Catch: 35-40
RB Ability: 40-40
Run Block: 5-25
Pass Cov: 25-30
INT: 40-25
Rush D: 5-25
Tackling: 25-25
I'm thinking about using these. what game speed and speed threshhold do you use?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »