Home

Two Great RB's. What Would You Do?

This is a discussion on Two Great RB's. What Would You Do? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2018, 08:56 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Two Great RB's. What Would You Do?

There are a few things you can do.

Formation subs will help split the carries. Put your faster back in formations that run outside more. Put him in the slot sometimes and use him on jet sweeps.

For me, I just use spell rb, and if I want my second back to get a few series, I'll change his position on the depth chart to RB1. This way I can ride the hot hand and not worry about formations subs that do it automatically.
Old 12-22-2018, 11:50 PM   #10
Pro

I have done a little of both. One is a junior. One is a sophomore. The junior I put in slot WR some and on some running plays in the second half.
Old 12-28-2018, 11:03 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

I always go by feel if 2 guys are closely rated. Sometimes a running back just has the perfect skills for my offense. The best running back I ever had in my dynasty started a true freshman over a talented junior because of his speed, acceleration and agility. I do the same thing with quarterbacks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2018, 11:35 AM   #12
Rookie

These suggestions are all good. I however do something different as well. Most teams split carries between two backs and even have a 3rd that mixes is as well. I have the starting RB (usually older, or higher rated back) go 2:1 ration on series with the back up (regardless of OVR rating). Once its the backups turn, I set the starter as the #3, the back up to the starter and the #3 to the back up. (I lower stamina and injury ratings before the year starts, adds small injuries and auto-subs) Once the starter goes back for his two series, the #3 stays as the "back up" and gets the 1 or 2 carries per series as the #1 RB tires. I run an up tempo system on 10 min quarters, and usually end up with about 50 runs and 30 passes give or take. 20-25 carries for RB1, 10-15 carries for RB2 and 10-15 between QB and RB3. It works well when I remember to sub them.

Last edited by AKEjcl41; 12-28-2018 at 11:37 AM.
Old 12-29-2018, 12:34 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 2

Red shirt one.

If you have a well balanced team, splitting carries doesn’t do much. Utilized the one you like the best — it isn’t always the fastest one. For example, I have two Jr RBs both in the 90s. One has 2-3 more speed, but he has lower trucking. I’ll give up a few speed points for better carrying and trucking, if both speed ratings are 89+.
Old 12-29-2018, 01:45 AM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozatta
Red shirt one.

If you have a well balanced team, splitting carries doesn’t do much. Utilized the one you like the best — it isn’t always the fastest one. For example, I have two Jr RBs both in the 90s. One has 2-3 more speed, but he has lower trucking. I’ll give up a few speed points for better carrying and trucking, if both speed ratings are 89+.

I don’t redshirt guys who are on the two-deep depth chart unless the third guy is about the same has the second guy. It’s not realistic imo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »