Home

Fatigue and Awareness observations

This is a discussion on Fatigue and Awareness observations within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2019, 10:22 AM   #9
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fatigue and Awareness observations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan32
Second year into the 3rd quarter reset and I’m seeing two “fresher” teams in the 3rd and also seeing the opposition put some points on the board against me.

The strange thing is flipped teams once late in the 4th q to check the fatigue factor on the offence.

Now some background, we’ve all probably had those situations were the other team has 1 and 10 in their 25 late in the 4th. The previous drive has been a Touchdown and now you’re expecting more. The opponent just marched 84 yards with relative ease to score 6. So I’m expecting them to hammer me again. But no, two sloppy running plays and an incomplete pass force a punt - you get field position and salt it away.

So, I flip controllers to check on the opposition thinking that the poor series is a result of fatigue. NOPE. SOLID GREEN.

I wonder if fatigue is also in SOME part some in-game feature that is like “momentum” “home field” that can’t be quantified...

I’ve actually turned off Home Field Advantage entirely. I’ve found all it does to the user is scramble play art (which doesn’t really effect me) and make your quarterback absurdly inaccurate (if your slider set has QBA at 5).

Funny you mention that the cpu fizzled out. Part of this game is definitely programmed to pre-decide a game. Sometimes it decides you will struggle and the CPU is on fire in the 4th, sometimes it just gives you the game.

I played against BYU and they lit it up in the 4th, nearly forcing overtime. Then I played Fresno State, who is better, and they couldn’t move the ball all day

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Major Boise State fan
Old 01-05-2019, 01:49 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
2- I still see some screens but I see WAY more downfield passes in Coach Mode. Now this cold b due to fatigue reset OR more likely Chadapaloza's coach agression slider adjustments (He did a detailed breakdown in one thread).
Could you direct me to this thread?
Old 01-05-2019, 09:54 PM   #11
Rookie

Trojan32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyeboss19
Could you direct me to this thread?
Try this,

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-gameplay.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2019, 09:59 PM   #12
Rookie

Trojan32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
I’ve actually turned off Home Field Advantage entirely. I’ve found all it does to the user is scramble play art (which doesn’t really effect me) and make your quarterback absurdly inaccurate (if your slider set has QBA at 5).

Funny you mention that the cpu fizzled out. Part of this game is definitely programmed to pre-decide a game. Sometimes it decides you will struggle and the CPU is on fire in the 4th, sometimes it just gives you the game.

I played against BYU and they lit it up in the 4th, nearly forcing overtime. Then I played Fresno State, who is better, and they couldn’t move the ball all day

I have HFA off as well.
Totally agree in a CPU “predetermination”...I play all my games in dynasty and when a game crashes (sorry I won’t give up custom sounds) I start all over, so I see completely different games some times.

The worst ever was OKL last year (the FIFTH time - and yes I buckled the fifth time - no custom sound).

First time, they were thumping me. The 2nd 3rs and 4th time’s, field goal games either way.

5th time I thumped them.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:22 PM   #13
Pro

KushNstien's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19

This i think is true. The CPU tends to play different every time i restart a game. Sometimes they will struggle, play good , or evenly matched. This is usually against teams that are better than mines on paper.
Old 01-06-2019, 01:18 PM   #14
MVP

jp18's Arena

This thread had me back to slideritis. I’ve used all sorts of sets fatigue on off and tried the reset at halftime. Games were all over the place. I took the new roster and redid all the coaches and started tweaking sliders to fit my style. The community set is great but even with fatigue off I couldn’t get the cpu to run the ball. After little success I started back at default heisman. I use the community penalty sliders, 20 threshold user acc @ 5 while the cpu is default 50 except ints @ 35 fatigue off, per silver bullet all coach game skills off. Started a dynasty with Cincinnati playing mostly even teams so far sitting at 3-2 and I’ve seen Miami Oh throw for over 300, Tulane run for close to 400 and every game except 1 was close. I lost to Tulane in the final 2:00, beat Miami (OH) after being down 38-20 by recovering an onside kick and scoring late to win 39-38. The default sliders do have few flaws but combined with everything else has really brought out a game I’ve been missing since I bought it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-06-2019, 04:08 PM   #15
Rookie

Trojan32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp18
This thread had me back to slideritis. I’ve used all sorts of sets fatigue on off and tried the reset at halftime. Games were all over the place. I took the new roster and redid all the coaches and started tweaking sliders to fit my style. The community set is great but even with fatigue off I couldn’t get the cpu to run the ball. After little success I started back at default heisman. I use the community penalty sliders, 20 threshold user acc @ 5 while the cpu is default 50 except ints @ 35 fatigue off, per silver bullet all coach game skills off. Started a dynasty with Cincinnati playing mostly even teams so far sitting at 3-2 and I’ve seen Miami Oh throw for over 300, Tulane run for close to 400 and every game except 1 was close. I lost to Tulane in the final 2:00, beat Miami (OH) after being down 38-20 by recovering an onside kick and scoring late to win 39-38. The default sliders do have few flaws but combined with everything else has really brought out a game I’ve been missing since I bought it.

I’ve had teams grind me for 300 yards rushing and over 400 yds passing but I’m of the belief this has more to do with a- awareness reset at 76 and b- the coach aggression sliders at 85-15. Teams are more dedicated to the run and don’t abandon it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2019, 04:48 PM   #16
MVP

jp18's Arena

Quote:
I’ve had teams grind me for 300 yards rushing and over 400 yds passing but I’m of the belief this has more to do with a- awareness reset at 76 and b- the coach aggression sliders at 85-15. Teams are more dedicated to the run and don’t abandon it

The awareness ratings play a huge factor but I don’t have the technical savvy to edit all of it. I’m interested more on the coach aggression though. I’ve read Cheda’s take on it and I’ve ran multiple tests on it. The only thing I noticed were more teams that were pro style would be too quick to go to 3 and 4 wr sets instead of playing as they would irl so to speak. On the flip side with it tiered I saw way to many upsets with whichever team was more aggressive. I might give it another run if teams stay somewhat true. I don’t want teams like Iowa or Wisconsin out running shotgun 3 & 4 wr sets all game. I am assuming you have all coaches set at 85/15 and 15/85?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »