Home

New Sliders and Playbook

This is a discussion on New Sliders and Playbook within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
College Football Mod 19 for Madden NFL 19 PC Interview
What Trends Will Dominate Sports Games in 2019?
Voting Now Open for the 2018 Sports Game of the Year Awards!

Old 01-01-2019, 01:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
New Sliders and Playbook

Iíve gotten to the point where the game isnít competitive anymore ó playing on Heisman, I win by 28+ each game.

I need new difficult sliders and also a new playbook. What playbook is challenging? Iím also only going to play with pocket passers as QBs with an ounce of speed are so easy to cheese.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2019, 06:53 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New Sliders and Playbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozatta
Iíve gotten to the point where the game isnít competitive anymore ó playing on Heisman, I win by 28+ each game.

I need new difficult sliders and also a new playbook. What playbook is challenging? Iím also only going to play with pocket passers as QBs with an ounce of speed are so easy to cheese.

There are some good slider forums on here that have good sliders. I don't have mine off the top of my head, but it also depends on how good your team is. I find playing with bad teams is the only way to stop from being OP.

The biggest challenge would probably be triple option. Spread options are pretty OP. I think pro style offenses present a good challenge but even then you could run money plays.

The best thing to do in my opinion is to set your own house rules. Create your own playbook with half the allowed plays. Set recruiting rules so you dont over-recruit.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:28 AM   #3
Rookie

Use the editor and edit your profile settings, it completely changes the game. Search for braska15 profile edits. It might look overwhelming but trust me its not that hard and it makes a huge difference.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:14 PM   #4
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Matt10's sliders are good, I enjoyed a good challenge a couple years with them.

Also JKit's are good for a challenge, although there are some things I don't like (your running back ability is severely diminished, and it's near impossible to pass from under center without getting sacked). That being said, I still had nearly 5 yards per carry with my RB.

I'm currently trying to find a sweet spot with fatigue off, as that really opens up the CPU's game.

Seems like you've ditched scrambling QB's as many of us have too. Next step is to stop using the coaching trees (except recruiting). It really does make it tougher, I like it.

I don't know of a particularly bad playbook, but I do try to change mine every 2-4 years just to keep it interesting.

Major Boise State fan
Old 01-07-2019, 10:40 PM   #5
Rookie

My hat is off to you guys that can go beast mode even on Heisman. Hey Mozatta. You might not like this idea, but go into a game saying my team has to kick X number of field goals. Might keep score closer. Just an idea.
Old 01-08-2019, 05:48 AM   #6
Rookie

Sliders are really the way to go, and fatigue off can change your entire perspective. I know in my last dynasty I went fatigue off and everything was much more competitive. My only complaint was there was no subbing and I didn't like seeing only one RB getting 30 carries consistently.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:53 AM   #7
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegefbfan
My hat is off to you guys that can go beast mode even on Heisman. Hey Mozatta. You might not like this idea, but go into a game saying my team has to kick X number of field goals. Might keep score closer. Just an idea.

Kind of on this note, really limit your 4th down attempts if you have a lot. If itís 4th down, Iím punting. Only exception is trailing in the 4th, or in a no mans land between a short punt or too long of a field goal.

Itís too easy to get that yard on 4th down and keep chugging.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Major Boise State fan
Old 01-11-2019, 09:30 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xToXiCxSAVAGEx
Sliders are really the way to go, and fatigue off can change your entire perspective. I know in my last dynasty I went fatigue off and everything was much more competitive. My only complaint was there was no subbing and I didn't like seeing only one RB getting 30 carries consistently.
This is an interesting tactic. I like fatigue as I think it rewards/punishes teams based upon depth.

Whatís the thought on why it keeps it competitive?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »