Home

NCAA 12 vs NCAA 13

This is a discussion on NCAA 12 vs NCAA 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2019, 08:23 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
NCAA 12 vs NCAA 13

I am debating picking up a copy of 12 or 13 for my Xbox. I have a copy of 14 for my PS3, but prefer the 360 controller and would prefer not to spend the money on 14.

Is there a distinct difference between 12 and 13 where one is superior? Where do these games differ? I would prefer both of these for the fact that they have custom conferences.

Any thoughts between the two?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2019, 10:18 PM   #2
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NCAA 12 vs NCAA 13

It has been a while, but one thing that bugged me going from '12 to '13 is that post play, there is a couple second delay before you can pull up the playbook for the next play. The delay is in '14 as well. It bugged me, but not to many complained about it, so probably just me and my ADHD, LOL.

'13 also had an issue with the CPU DB's too frequently leaving WR's open on go routes for easy TD's.....or something like that.

Here is the impression thread when '13 came out. Much better info here:
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ns-thread.html

And here were the impressions after the last patch:
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ions-here.html
Old 01-25-2019, 12:03 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpklub
I am debating picking up a copy of 12 or 13 for my Xbox. I have a copy of 14 for my PS3, but prefer the 360 controller and would prefer not to spend the money on 14.

Is there a distinct difference between 12 and 13 where one is superior? Where do these games differ? I would prefer both of these for the fact that they have custom conferences.

Any thoughts between the two?

I prefer 11 of the next gen games. I been playing 06 myself 28-6 currently.
Old 01-26-2019, 11:29 AM   #4
Pro

This is helpful. Thanks guys.

Also, I have '11 and it's great. I really want a version of the game with custom conferences though.

Old 01-26-2019, 01:31 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

NCAA 13 had the DB glitch, which was a game-killer for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2019, 02:16 PM   #6
MVP

pinbw's Arena

If you care about the latest season rosters, then NCAA 14 is still the way to go for better support and lack of bugs. But the converted rosters for 13 and 12 may have freeze issues in dynasty mode and usually seem only good for single play mode. 13 is better than 12 for getting rosters since the file structure is more similar between 14 and 13 during the conversion process.

But on 13 and maybe 12 a few teams may cause freeze on loadup issues in single game mode eg. Missouri, and a couple other teams I forget.
(Also I'm the only one who last made these conversions but don't know how long I will be able keep this up year after year, as my life is becoming more busy as time moves forward.)

---
Also the offline file transfer method of rosters can be problematic to do properly for some--it may also be the fault of the roster conversion file for any roster damaged errors or user doing something wrong, or they may not have Windows pc and know how to use Modio 3or5. So getting rosters is more complicated for 13 & 12. 14 can just get rosters with online roster share & avoid the offline file method.
--
Old 01-27-2019, 01:52 PM   #7
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I occasionally pop 12 back in because there are some things I miss in '14......but I am quickly reminded of things I didn't like:
- CPU Option teams are inept.
- On Play action plays, you can't cancel out of the fake, and get sacked before the QB is out of the animation.
- Jump the Snap.
- Psychic DB's

Just giving you heads up.
Old 01-28-2019, 10:24 AM   #8

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1

'12 always has been one of my favorite games of all time. I think we all have that one version that sticks with us. It was '12 for me.

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »