Home

Enlighten Me On Your Playing, Simming, Whatever.

This is a discussion on Enlighten Me On Your Playing, Simming, Whatever. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2019, 12:26 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Enlighten Me On Your Playing, Simming, Whatever.

This is not meant to criticize at all. Fitrst, I enjoy reading about the dynasties we all have going. But do you all actually play the games or sim or what? Let me know what is the joy out of simming? Not criticizing, just curious. If there's a hidden fun factor, I want to know. I enjoy this game and series as much as the next person. So, let me know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2019, 06:21 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Enlighten Me On Your Playing, Simming, Whatever.

I'd guess it's more about the team building aspect being fun, not simming. I love building my teams in NCAA 06 and watching them play out cpu vs CPU. Different from your question but, I don't care to learn to play the game nor do I want human interference in the gameplay (me having an off day or me just knowing how to manipulate bad AI). But back to your question of simming it could be mixure of what I said and/or some ppl just not having the time to play all of their games.
Old 02-03-2019, 09:42 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 2

In my dynasty one of my house rules is to sim the second quarter. It makes the games faster, creates a little more randomness at times, and what I really like is it allows for some outcomes statistically that you just don't get otherwise such as pancake blocks credited to your linemen and interceptions from your safeties.

I've gone through a few iterations of this house rule - at times I've only done it for road games, or I have to start simming as soon as I get a 21 pt lead (which I abandoned b/c it would happen late in game and my back-ups would have more pancakes than my starters).
Old 02-07-2019, 02:48 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcavner
In my dynasty one of my house rules is to sim the second quarter. It makes the games faster, creates a little more randomness at times, and what I really like is it allows for some outcomes statistically that you just don't get otherwise such as pancake blocks credited to your linemen and interceptions from your safeties.

I've gone through a few iterations of this house rule - at times I've only done it for road games, or I have to start simming as soon as I get a 21 pt lead (which I abandoned b/c it would happen late in game and my back-ups would have more pancakes than my starters).
I sim the 1st half of all games. Not having a lot of time to play, it allows me to play more games. It makes the games more variable and challenging at times when you have to overcome a deficit in just one half. Another thing it does is cause more injuries.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:05 PM   #5
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

For all my games, all sports, I play Every. Single. Game.

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2019, 01:56 PM   #6
Rookie

goroyals's Arena

OVR: 3

Before the season I pick the two games projected to be the closest for my team. The swing games. I play those, plus the conference championship and bowl game, if I make those. The rest are simmed. It's a balance between roster building vs. stick skills as the primary factor in success or failure, and its a great way to get some history and storyline built up in your coaching career. I like to rotate through dynasties/franchises on various sports games to kind of match up with the real sports calendar (so I'm not playing NCAA right now), and I prefer the 2 game method to playing every game and advancing at a 1:1 pace.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »