Home

NCAA Teams in Madden 20

This is a discussion on NCAA Teams in Madden 20 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2019, 02:23 PM   #1
Rookie

kc_brigade88's Arena

OVR: 0
NCAA Teams in Madden 20

Madden 20 will have 10 teams you can play the CFB Playoff as part of a Superstar mode. Kind of the same thing NBA did with a few CBB teams in one of their games. Teams are:

Clemson - ACC
Florida State - ACC
Miami - ACC
Florida - SEC
LSU - SEC
Oregon - Pac-12
USC - Pac 12
Texas - Big 12

Oklahoma - Big 12

Texas Tech - Big 12

Patrick Mahomes is cover athlete so he probably helped put TTU in there. Amazed that Alabama isn't in there and there are no Big Ten teams. Figured Ohio State or Michigan would be there as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2019, 06:40 PM   #2
bb9
Rookie

bb9's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA Teams in Madden 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc_brigade88
Madden 20 will have 10 teams you can play the CFB Playoff as part of a Superstar mode. Kind of the same thing NBA did with a few CBB teams in one of their games. Teams are:

Clemson - ACC
Florida State - ACC
Miami - ACC
Florida - SEC
LSU - SEC
Oregon - Pac-12
USC - Pac 12
Texas - Big 12

Oklahoma - Big 12

Texas Tech - Big 12

Patrick Mahomes is cover athlete so he probably helped put TTU in there. Amazed that Alabama isn't in there and there are no Big Ten teams. Figured Ohio State or Michigan would be there as well.
The Big Ten as a conference was the first to drop out of the relationship with NCAA if I remember correctly. Hopefully the schools that are in get a lot of good publicity out of this.

As stated, this is a terrific first step.

What about a Madden/NCAA single game in the future? There are so many possibilities.
Old 04-27-2019, 12:18 AM   #3
Rookie

TheEndIsNear4All's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb9
The Big Ten as a conference was the first to drop out of the relationship with NCAA if I remember correctly. Hopefully the schools that are in get a lot of good publicity out of this.

As stated, this is a terrific first step.

What about a Madden/NCAA single game in the future? There are so many possibilities.
Now THAT would be dope! Hell, even just the final top 25 from the previous season or somethin along those lines, in a playable single season, would be greatly appreciated at this point lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-02-2019, 10:09 PM   #4
Rookie

I don’t give two sh*ts about anything madden related.

And to me this madden version of ‘ncaa football’ is just patronizing bs
Old 05-03-2019, 08:19 AM   #5
Rookie

TomahawkNation's Arena

Why are they able to do this but not allowed to create another NCAA title?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2019, 08:50 AM   #6
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomahawkNation
Why are they able to do this but not allowed to create another NCAA title?
They made deals with 10 individual schools. You will play 2 college games at most(CFP) and then you are done. That's a whole lot simpler than reaching out a signing deals with 126 individual schools, conferences, recruiting etc. It's kinda like how NBA 2k did with their MyCareer a couple of years ago where they had like 6 or 7 college teams and you played like 4 or 5 games before getting drafted. There were no conference affiliations. It was just apart of the storyline in a MyCareer Mode.
Old 05-03-2019, 01:08 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
They made deals with 10 individual schools. You will play 2 college games at most(CFP) and then you are done. That's a whole lot simpler than reaching out a signing deals with 126 individual schools, conferences, recruiting etc. It's kinda like how NBA 2k did with their MyCareer a couple of years ago where they had like 6 or 7 college teams and you played like 4 or 5 games before getting drafted. There were no conference affiliations. It was just apart of the storyline in a MyCareer Mode.
Exactly. It is not like will allow users to play with those 10 teams in exhibition. The college playoffs will be played at Cowboys Stadium then the 49ers stadium. I doubt they went into detail with playbooks. I can see them using Air Raid, Spread, Pro playbooks. I don't see them having mascots.

I wouldn't even think about a new NCAA until they fix the issue with player compensation. Even then, it will take about 2 years for them to build it for next generation
Old 05-03-2019, 06:05 PM   #8
bb9
Rookie

bb9's Arena

OVR: 4

The point isn't about this mode or right now. It gives us hope that something is in the works for the future. It's something to be optimistic about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »