Home

EA's NCAA Football Survey

This is a discussion on EA's NCAA Football Survey within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2004, 03:33 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: EA's NCAA Football Survey

For you geniuses who put 0 hours and then wondered why the survey ended..well duh..how can someone who's not played the game rate anything about it? LOL
Old 09-09-2004, 12:07 PM   #34
MVP

jujuhound's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
For you geniuses who put 0 hours and then wondered why the survey ended..well duh..how can someone who's not played the game rate anything about it? LOL
If you read my post or had a reading comprehension level above 5th grade, you would see that the question asked "in the last month how much have you played NCAA?" Plenty of people (like me) played the game a lot and retired it MORE than a month ago. I guess you are the genius here LOL

:y4: :y4:

Edit: I would think that a survey like this would definitely want the opinions of people who played it and were disappointed at least as much as those that love it as is. Those people are probably going to buy next year's game regardless. For the first time ever since the series started, I might not.

Last edited by jujuhound; 09-09-2004 at 12:11 PM.
Old 09-09-2004, 03:52 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewagne
Here is what I suggested, maybe a little too much, but if they add a few of these it would be nice.

In-season recruiting in dynasty mode. It would be nice to bring in some big time recruits to see you play one of your rivals who is also recruiting them. But the recruits should be limited like in real life to 5 recruiting visits. Of course you could also include un-official visits to games.

Practice during dynasty mode. It would be nice to be able to practice with your new recruits prior to playing and also during the season.

Injuries during the week during dynasty mode. These injuries happen now in the game so it should be in the game here.

Also playing with injuries during the game. Players with minor injuries could go back into the game and still play. They would have a greater risk of re-injuring the same thing though.

Medical red-shirts. If you lose a stud player in the first game of the season or practice you should have the ability to apply for a medical red-shirt. Of course it will not always be approved.

The ability to upgrade the stadiums, athletic facilities and educational facilities of a program. It is fun to take a team like Idaho and turn them into a National Power, but once that happens, usually a team that is that level gets a bigger stadium and better facilities. Also, better facilities would mean better off-season development.

In recruiting it would also be nice to have the ability to push the facilities, education or national exposure to recruits. Recruits that go to Notredame go there for a great education and the national TV coverage they currently have.

TV contracts, it would be a nice addition for a conference to get TV contracts with a local or national network based on conference performance.

Navy, Army and Air Force should have certain limitations put on their school like they do in real life. Athletes can only be a maximum height and weight for their program. They also can't be out of shape (fat). If they are they can't be in the Army, Navy or Air Force. Also, these institutions do not allow red-shirting.

The ability to change players positions during the season based on injuries. I have moved players from QB to WR and during the season got 2 QBs hurt. When I put the WR back to QB his ratings for QB were not the same as they were before.

Gameplanning added for simulated games. Not just going in and changing percentages. The ability to describe which plays to run in certain situations like down and distance. Give the option for like 5 plays and give percentages so that certain plays could be run more than others.

Top level schools should always dominate recruiting. I have noticed that in recruiting that based on who did what during the year, certain schools always show up with a ton of recruits liking them. But other schools even though they are 4 star prestige teams don't have a lot of recruits liking them. Those schools tend to only go after recruits that like them instead of going after other recruits locally or nationally that might have some level of interest in them. It would be nice to actually see a higher level school come in and steal a couple of recruits that have no interest in them at all.

In recruiting it would be nice to be able to go to the all prospects screen and sort by level of interest in your school. The top of the list would be recruits that have you in their top 3 ordered by their star rankings. Next you would have the recruits that have high interest in your school ordered by their star rankings. And this would continue all the way to the no interest recruits. It would make recruiting take less time, because I usually go through about 10 states worth of recruits and all of the 5, 4 and 3 star players to see who has high and average interest in me after I see who is very interested.

For recruiting it would be nice to hold a camp and invite a lot of local recruits in to see what they can do. Basically it would be like scouting a bunch of players at once. Universities across the country do it every summer with Juniors from high school prior to their senior season, it would be nice to do that here. It would work well with in-season recruiting.

Scholarships, you should be able to offer as many as you have available on your team. I have had several teams that had 34 seniors on them and in the offseason I was really hosed during recruiting because I could build any depth because I lost so many people. But there should be a minimum of 25 scholarships to offer every year.

Top Teams. Year in and year out teams like OU, Miami, LSU, USC and Texas pull great players from their states and even nationally. In the game a lot of these teams will not take some of the top players at their positions because they don't have a need to fill. These players should be going to the big schools but they are not. The big schools should be getting these players and cut lesser players if needed. This alone would fix problems with teams like North Texas, Fresno St, TCU and San Diego St from becoming National power houses in the game.

Scholarships should be offered on a contingent bases. Lets say I want 2 defensive ends. I offer 4 scholarships and if I get the first 2, I don't want the other 2.

For in-season recruiting visits you would need the ability to offer a scholarship to the player at the end of the visit.

Sometimes in recruiting players that are being recruited try to stay together. One will for instance say that if you want me you have to take this player and this player. Sometimes it is players from the same high school, other times it is good players they have met while on recruiting trips.

As in real life things cost money. Instead of using the points system, I would like to see a monitary value used. The money you get from the season is what you can spend on improvements to facilites and a new stadium or upgrades to your current stadium. Plus that money will be used for recruiting. Training and discipline should not cost money. No coach is limited on discipline so you should be able to take care of any problems that happen without running out of points.

Also there should be some incentive for a small school to go to a large program for an early season game other than to just getting pounded and losing 2 or 3 players for the season. If a small school goes to a large program, they should get a certain amount of money to help build the program. For instance last week there were a lot of small schools that went to big schools and got paid for doing so. North Texas went to Texas and Western Illinios went to Nebraska. Both of these teams got between 300,000 and 600,000 to play those games. In turn that money goes to help building those programs up.

Along that same topic, schedules should be set up like this. For example future schedules should have the programs offering home and away series between teams. This will allow both teams to get their share of the money. Also there should be single game series where there is a monetery consideration for the team coming in if its is a lower tier team going to an upper tier school.

The bowl payouts would fit into this system also. The better the bowl you go to the more money your school gets. Like I said before it would be nice to be able to take a small school and watch the school grow into a national power.
This is a perfect example of why EA games lack improvement in the gameplay department. 106 items mentioned, not one is gameplay. All fluff. You can't blame EA when you see posts like this.

ohiost
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2004, 04:25 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujuhound
If you read my post or had a reading comprehension level above 5th grade, you would see that the question asked "in the last month how much have you played NCAA?" Plenty of people (like me) played the game a lot and retired it MORE than a month ago. I guess you are the genius here LOL

:y4: :y4:

Edit: I would think that a survey like this would definitely want the opinions of people who played it and were disappointed at least as much as those that love it as is. Those people are probably going to buy next year's game regardless. For the first time ever since the series started, I might not.
No, the same application still holds. They want people who've played the game extensively. Not people with the attention span of a gnat. Maybe NFL Blitz would be more your style.
Old 09-09-2004, 05:39 PM   #37
MVP

jujuhound's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
No, the same application still holds. They want people who've played the game extensively. Not people with the attention span of a gnat. Maybe NFL Blitz would be more your style.
3 weeks of extensive play of a game isn't enough to decide I don't like it?
Way to defend a less than intelligent post with another equally dim post.
Old 09-09-2004, 06:07 PM   #38
MVP

fpac's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

So, because I haven't played 2005 in a month, but played 2002 - 2004 extensively it shouldn't matter what my suggestions are considering that this is the first year that I took a break from this game before January?
Old 09-09-2004, 09:28 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 10

This is what I got when I tried to take it.

Thank you for trying to participate in our survey. However, the survey has achieved its desired number of completions.

Thanks again for participating!

Old 09-09-2004, 10:17 PM   #40
MVP

Jwally's Arena

OVR: 8

Man, I wanted to give Ea my input too . Oh well, im sure you guys want the same things that I do.
Cincinnati Bearcats

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »