Home

How would EA work around the PlayStation Rose Bowl on XBox or Nintendo sytems?

This is a discussion on How would EA work around the PlayStation Rose Bowl on XBox or Nintendo sytems? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2019, 12:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How would EA work around the PlayStation Rose Bowl on XBox or Nintendo sytems?

If EA makes another NCAA game for PlayStation,XBox and Nintendo systems and they include all the bowl games with each bowl game's sponsor,wouldn't that cause a problem when it comes to the Rose Bowl? The Rose Bowl is presented by PlayStation. Obviously, not a problem for the PlayStation version of the game but,there is no way Microsoft and Nintendo would allow the EA NCAA game to have the name of one of their competitors on the Rose Bowl field or PlayStation Rose Bowl logo in their version of the game. How would EA handle this situation? They couldn't just have the Rose Bowl game without the official sponsor of that bowl game in the Xbox and Nintendo version of NCAA Football, could they?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2019, 12:19 AM   #2
Pro

SincerelYourz's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: How would EA work around the PlayStation Rose Bowl on XBox or Nintendo sytems?

They would have to implement it.
Old 06-13-2019, 02:42 AM   #3
Rookie

The Red Scourge's Arena

Re: How would EA work around the PlayStation Rose Bowl on XBox or Nintendo sytems?

By the time the game is release it might be sponsored by someone else already.
Old 06-13-2019, 07:07 AM   #4
Pro

NolesFanatic17's Arena

I believe you’re thinking of the Fiesta Bowl (Rose Bowl is presented by Northwestern Mutual) but they’d probably still have it as the sponsor I doubt they’d edit it to make it generic Fiesta Bowl on XBOX or Nintendo

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-13-2019, 07:43 AM   #5
Rookie

The Gunslinger's Arena

OVR: 9

That's a good question.

I'm sure they would include it since EA has always pushed to have the most authentic bowl games in the NCAA series. They also have to contract with these various bowl committees to use their licensing and I can't imagine the Rose Bowl being too happy if EA decided to leave out their presenting sponsor from the game.

EA didn't include the "Sega Sports Las Vegas Bowl" in NCAA Football 2002 and 2003. They did have the Las Vegas bowl logo in the 02' edition and replaced it with a generic "Nevada Bowl" in 03'. However, its worth noting that the older versions of NCAA Football had a couple of generic bowl games, which was probably due to lack of licensing agreements.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2019, 07:24 PM   #6
Rookie

WKUTopper9's Arena

OVR: 2

I don't think they'd be THAT petty to not include it. Realism is their MO. Not to mention they're making the game for multiple platforms without an allegiance. The decision would have to come from Microsoft themselves and even then I just don't see them getting upset that ONE game out of the thousands released yearly contains a competitors sponsorship buried deep in a virtual bowl game. But then again you never know
Old 06-14-2019, 12:26 AM   #7
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

I don't think they would go to the extreme of having the game removed entirely, like the New Era Pinstripe Bowl from the final versions of the game. I always wondered if Nike had negotiated something, especially with their larger presence in the series.

At most for XBox users, there might be the official Playstation Fiesta Bowl logo. The name "Fiesta Bowl" would appear under the Bowl Schedule, and it would be announced as the "Fiesta Bowl" or "perfect weather inside Glendale's domed stadium for this exciting match-up."
Old 06-14-2019, 02:32 PM   #8
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Not any different than playing as the Seattle Sounders in FIFA on Playstation, as their jersey sponsor is Xbox.
I don't think it's anything Microsoft or Nintendo would even bother with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »