Home

CPU FG Attempts

This is a discussion on CPU FG Attempts within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2019, 08:21 PM   #1
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
CPU FG Attempts

What factors in determining whether or not the cpu kicks a fg versus going for it on 4th down? Would it be FG Power or Accuracy? Neither? Both?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2019, 11:28 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: CPU FG Attempts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
What factors in determining whether or not the cpu kicks a fg versus going for it on 4th down? Would it be FG Power or Accuracy? Neither? Both?
On Heisman difficulty, the CPU will go for a field goal inside the ~38 yard line no matter what. If their kicker has 68 KPW, they'll still do it by default. Anything below Heisman is more realistic.

Going on 4th down is a function of how aggressive their coach is.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-03-2019, 12:51 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Drives me nuts. Maybe the game will let you do something equally ridiculous and call for a fair catch with your FG returner.

And it isn't just on heisman, because it irrates me so much that I decided to try playing on a lower difficulty and they still do it. You could try to balance out the field position by using a FG returner and trying to run out of bounds at the 20 or something. The lengths we go to, to fix problems that somehow made it into these games for years.
Old 07-03-2019, 02:17 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

On Heisman, they go for ridiculous kicks. I regularly see attempts practically from midfield. Any difficulty lower than Heisman though and they choose smarter.

There was this post though in the Dynasty House Rules thread that got my attention, haven't gotten around to trying it out though. Maybe a possible fix for the Heisman kicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrane
Interesting thing about CPU kickers at 70 power and 70 accuracy is they routinely kick 50+ yard field goals. When they're at 50 the CPU will rarely try a ~45 yard FG even when the situation dictates that's the correct call.
Old 07-03-2019, 02:56 PM   #5
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
On Heisman, they go for ridiculous kicks. I regularly see attempts practically from midfield. Any difficulty lower than Heisman though and they choose smarter.

There was this post though in the Dynasty House Rules thread that got my attention, haven't gotten around to trying it out though. Maybe a possible fix for the Heisman kicks.

Ironically I'm having the opposite issue on the lower levels. The CPU will go for it on like 4th and 10-18 instead of kicking the FG. I'm wondering if it is due to the edits I made to kickers in order to have some variety. I may have to look into the 70 PWR 70 ACC and see if it helps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2019, 07:18 PM   #6
Rookie

jgthedon's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Their Aggressive/Conservative Head Coach setting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »