Home

PS2 NCAA Football 06 vs 11?

This is a discussion on PS2 NCAA Football 06 vs 11? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2019, 09:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
PS2 NCAA Football 06 vs 11?

Is there any major difference between the PS2 NCAA Football 06 which I own and love (and has been a major influence in my music prefernces for years) vs NCAA Football 11 for the PS2? I never played any of the NCAA's after 06 on the PS2 and instead went to the Xbox 360 playing mostly 11 and 14 (great game but has 1-2 weird physics plays per game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2019, 11:37 PM   #2
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PS2 NCAA Football 06 vs 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyloaf
Is there any major difference between the PS2 NCAA Football 06 which I own and love (and has been a major influence in my music prefernces for years) vs NCAA Football 11 for the PS2? I never played any of the NCAA's after 06 on the PS2 and instead went to the Xbox 360 playing mostly 11 and 14 (great game but has 1-2 weird physics plays per game.
If you are considering NCAA 11 for PS2, I would forgo that and just get NCAA 10 for the PS2. The NCAA 11 game was the last NCAA game for PS2 and EA literally didnt do anything to the game. In fact, there are even a few instances of VERY neglected textures. NCAA 10 has all the same features, and is literally the same thing.

Oh, one more thing. Since focus was shifted to XBOX 360 and PS3 at this point, NCAA 11 for PS2 wasnt mass produced, therfore, it is deemed a "rare" game, and the last time I checked, prices were ridiculous.

Hope this helps!
Old 06-30-2019, 11:47 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

Yea NCAA 11 has faster gameplay than 06/07, and more options for offensive and defensive formations, including the wildcat being available through shotgun y trips and trips unbalanced and every defensive playbook including 3-3-5.

The design is kind of different in terms of fonts and what have you, and there are temporary in-game impact players (players get hot). Also, as it's closer to now the status quo of the game is more similar to real life in dynasty mode.

Could be fun. 10 might be a better shot. I had 10 once. I have 11 now. I only ever play 07.
Old 07-01-2019, 04:11 PM   #4
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3

If I was forced to play another game besides 06, I would probably go with 11 but only to fool with the new formations and plays. The rest of the changes from 06 to 11 are bad in my opinion. Knowing how I am about things, I would go back to 06 once I realized that the gameplay is much better in it than anything else beyond that.
Old 07-01-2019, 04:15 PM   #5
Pro

volwalker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabursock55
If you are considering NCAA 11 for PS2, I would forgo that and just get NCAA 10 for the PS2. The NCAA 11 game was the last NCAA game for PS2 and EA literally didnt do anything to the game. In fact, there are even a few instances of VERY neglected textures. NCAA 10 has all the same features, and is literally the same thing.

Oh, one more thing. Since focus was shifted to XBOX 360 and PS3 at this point, NCAA 11 for PS2 wasnt mass produced, therfore, it is deemed a "rare" game, and the last time I checked, prices were ridiculous.

Hope this helps!
A copy of NCAA 11 for the ps2, brand new, is going for $106 on Amazon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2019, 09:16 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I wouldn't buy a new copy! Used ones for 11 are going for 25-30 which is not that bad. I've paid more for some of my gamecube games over the years. I would probably end up playing on emulator due to the higher resolutions that I can achieve but I do enjoy having the physical discs.
Old 07-02-2019, 08:09 AM   #7
Pro

volwalker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyloaf
I wouldn't buy a new copy! Used ones for 11 are going for 25-30 which is not that bad. I've paid more for some of my gamecube games over the years. I would probably end up playing on emulator due to the higher resolutions that I can achieve but I do enjoy having the physical discs.
I would love to use the emulator but my current PC can't handle it, would cost a bunch to upgrade to make the emulator work well. But once it's working...
Old 07-17-2019, 11:55 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Do any of the PS2 games have online servers and H2H still available?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »