Home

Deleting Prospects in Editor

This is a discussion on Deleting Prospects in Editor within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2019, 01:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hello all. Last night I was trying to delete prospects in the editor to limit all teams to 20 recruits for the 2013 season. You have to advance to week 1 unless you want to go thru the grind of adding prospects manually for all 120+ teams. Anyway, I advance to Week 1 and save my file (“team name”13recruits). I am on 360 so I use Horizon. I extract the data to make the file loadable. I use Xan’s config because it has a lot more data tabs that the others don’t .

Anyway, I go to Recruit Data main tab and then Recruit Points sub-tab. This lists all recruits for each team and it’s noted that no points have been used . (Not sure if cpu controlled teams used scouting points or not) I export the entire tab using recruits ID as the key. I then go into Excel and select the cell of the recruits i want to erase. I want to limit all teams to 20 recruits for the 2013 season. I select multiple rows and right click , delete row. It deletes these players from the list. I save the file and close Excel(won’t let me import in editor while open in Excel). I then import the file and I can tell it did something because it pauses for a minute then comes back. However, the teams still show more than 20 prospects and most show 30 or more.

I turned on all head coaches and I guess I can manually delete prospects in the game and use all of the teams points immediately so the cpu hopefully won’t add any back or if they do they won’t have any points to spend on them.

I also tried entering a number not listed in the Recruit ID (one number past the last one) and that didn’t work . Does anyone know how to delete recruits in the editor or do you have to do it in the game?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2019, 01:52 PM   #2
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Deleting Prospects in Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSEagles001
Hello all. Last night I was trying to delete prospects in the editor to limit all teams to 20 recruits for the 2013 season. You have to advance to week 1 unless you want to go thru the grind of adding prospects manually for all 120+ teams. Anyway, I advance to Week 1 and save my file (“team name”13recruits). I am on 360 so I use Horizon. I extract the data to make the file loadable. I use Xan’s config because it has a lot more data tabs that the others don’t .

Anyway, I go to Recruit Data main tab and then Recruit Points sub-tab. This lists all recruits for each team and it’s noted that no points have been used . (Not sure if cpu controlled teams used scouting points or not) I export the entire tab using recruits ID as the key. I then go into Excel and select the cell of the recruits i want to erase. I want to limit all teams to 20 recruits for the 2013 season. I select multiple rows and right click , delete row. It deletes these players from the list. I save the file and close Excel(won’t let me import in editor while open in Excel). I then import the file and I can tell it did something because it pauses for a minute then comes back. However, the teams still show more than 20 prospects and most show 30 or more.

I turned on all head coaches and I guess I can manually delete prospects in the game and use all of the teams points immediately so the cpu hopefully won’t add any back or if they do they won’t have any points to spend on them.

I also tried entering a number not listed in the Recruit ID (one number past the last one) and that didn’t work . Does anyone know how to delete recruits in the editor or do you have to do it in the game?

Unfortunately i dont think you can delete recruits with the editor. I wanted to do that using my DIII Roster in Dynasty so that there would only be 1* recruits to choose from. But I ended up having to make all the recruits 1* and globally edit their ratings down to 1* level.

Here is what I do know...for every single recruiting class there will be 2710 recruits...no more and no less. If there are 126 teams then that averages out to 22 players per team in a recruiting class. Thats probably the reason why we cant delete any.
Old 07-04-2019, 02:12 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Unfortunately i dont think you can delete recruits with the editor. I wanted to do that using my DIII Roster in Dynasty so that there would only be 1* recruits to choose from. But I ended up having to make all the recruits 1* and globally edit their ratings down to 1* level.

Here is what I do know...for every single recruiting class there will be 2710 recruits...no more and no less. If there are 126 teams then that averages out to 22 players per team in a recruiting class. Thats probably the reason why we cant delete any.

Thanks. You can in the game you just have to turn on multiple coaches if you want to do all teams. Hope it doesn’t cause errors. I don’t like to turn on coaches because it messes up my coach when I try to play games I can’t get any Xp points . What I can do is have one file to edit all the teams and export that file then load my main file(with only my coach ) and import the new data and hope there is no errors .

Then how do a lot of the teams have 30 or more?

Last edited by GSEagles001; 07-04-2019 at 02:14 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »