Home

Advice from Air Raid Aficionados

This is a discussion on Advice from Air Raid Aficionados within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2019, 03:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Advice from Air Raid Aficionados

I've recently experimented with the Air Offense in my alternate timeline dynasty. I watched a few YouTube videos on how it's supposed to be run and the different passing schemes and reads. Really enjoying the offense so far.

I'm thinking of adopting it in my main dynasty since a few things have broken in an Air Raid direction: (1) Received a commit and redshirted from the top pocket passer in the country, (2) Top 2 RB went to NFL and haven't replaced them with anyone I like, (3) I have 7-8 quality receivers.

For those who run an Air Raid--what is your favorite playbook to use straight up, or as a base for a custom playbook?

So far I've tried A&M, WVU, BYU, and generic Air Raid playbooks with the latter being my favorite. However, you can't start with a generic playbook as a base.

I want to do as little customization as possible (just want to include a few plays that I haven't seen in any of the play books I've tested) and make sure I have plenty of shallow crosses, smash and mesh plays, WR screens, 4 WR formations.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2019, 03:56 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Advice from Air Raid Aficionados

Absolutely love the generic Air Raid Playbook. Classic Mumme/Leach playbook that has everything you need. But since you can't use that as a base then Washington State is kind of close to playbook. If you like using the Sumlin/Holgerson approach of mixing in a spread running game and motion of the backfield then I would suggest Houston's Playbook.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:03 PM   #3
Rookie

The Red Scourge's Arena

OVR: 0

When I made my Air Raid book I think I modified Texas Tech. Smash is an amazing concept, but is actually a Run n Shoot concept. Stick is a great play you’ll want in any Air Raid playbook. Mike Leach has always said he could run his entire offense with Mesh.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:00 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGlen
Absolutely love the generic Air Raid Playbook. Classic Mumme/Leach playbook that has everything you need. But since you can't use that as a base then Washington State is kind of close to playbook. If you like using the Sumlin/Holgerson approach of mixing in a spread running game and motion of the backfield then I would suggest Houston's Playbook.
Thanks! I'm going to try the Washington State and layer in some of the stuff that might be missing.

Old 07-11-2019, 10:06 PM   #5
Rookie

wreckem27's Arena

Middle Tennessee State is one of my faves. Great if you want a little more power run in your raid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2019, 10:30 AM   #6
Rookie

I'm going to continue trying out the WSU, Midd Tenn, Tx Tech, and Houston play books before creating my own.

I do like the idea of continuing to have a power running game.

Didnt there used to be a website where you could see all the NCAA 14 formations and plays and create a playbook online?

Old 07-12-2019, 10:58 AM   #7
Rookie

The Red Scourge's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN30
I'm going to continue trying out the WSU, Midd Tenn, Tx Tech, and Houston play books before creating my own.

I do like the idea of continuing to have a power running game.

Didnt there used to be a website where you could see all the NCAA 14 formations and plays and create a playbook online?

http://www.xsosfootball.com/ncaa-foo...ormation-list/

This site has a spreadsheet of all the playbooks and what formations are in them.
Old 07-13-2019, 09:40 AM   #8
Rookie

Played with the Middle Tenn playbook last night and mostly loved it. I ended up starting a new playbook and using it as the base. I'll probably try out Washington St and others to see what else I can layer in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »