Home

Had to go back to NCAA ‘12

This is a discussion on Had to go back to NCAA ‘12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2020, 03:53 PM   #105
MVP

OVR: 2

What is the recruiting like in 12? I need to get back to playing NCAA football again, but I absolutely hate the recruiting setup in NCAA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2020, 10:49 PM   #106
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Had to go back to NCAA ‘12

Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini03
What is the recruiting like in 12? I need to get back to playing NCAA football again, but I absolutely hate the recruiting setup in NCAA.
Personally. I like the setup in ‘12 better. But here’s my breakdown:

First, the pros:
In ‘12, you can select the level of difficulty in recruiting which I like because recruiting is just too easy in ‘14 and I don’t think I’d be in the minority in saying that. In my current NCAA ‘12 dynasty, I’m in my 4th year at FAU and am finally getting interest from a 4-star recruit, lol! Also, I feel it’s more in depth because you are making phone calls and discussing many different topics, truly gauging what your player is like. It’s just more realistic to me in making the recruiting more interactive and time consuming like it would really be, as opposed to just assigning points to recruits you want.

The cons: Honestly, there is just one con to the immersion in ‘12’s recruiting system in my opinion, and that’s how long it takes. Much longer than 14’s point system, and you have to spend 5 weeks before signing day to try to get those last recruits.

I guess it’s all about if you really like recruiting or just want to get it over as quickly as possible. Hope this helps!
Old 04-20-2020, 04:14 PM   #107
Just started!

Has anyone been able to get dynasty to work on `12 with updated rosters? I get stuck on "generating schedule". I have NCAA 11 and 12 and really want to start a dynasty with my team's current roster. Any ideas? NCAA 14 seems like the move but just so damn hard to find one less than $100.
Old 07-09-2020, 09:49 PM   #108
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

For those still playing 12, any recommended sliders? I picked up a copy after growing tired of the non-stop offense in 14 and reading through this thread. Enjoying it more than 14, but would still love some slider recommendations.
Old 07-10-2020, 12:45 AM   #109
Just started!

If you were only interested in a sim dynasty, which NCAA game would you all recommend? Just updated the rosters in 14 and have played it but it's starting to get a little stale. I have some of the old games but haven't touched them in years, but I mostly build teams and sim anyway.
Old 07-10-2020, 08:34 AM   #110
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
For those still playing 12, any recommended sliders? I picked up a copy after growing tired of the non-stop offense in 14 and reading through this thread. Enjoying it more than 14, but would still love some slider recommendations.
Personally, I play default Heisman. But before I give slider recommendations, I’ll just tell you this since it’s quite a shock switching from NCAA ‘14 where passes seem to be open no matter what. When you go back to ‘12, the LBs and CBs feel psychic and that’s just EA’s cheap way to make the game difficult. It’s what I consider the major flaw of the year and every year has one. BUT, there are two things in play here when you really break it down:

1) The LBs AREN’T jumping 5 feet in the air even though it feels that way; what’s really happening is the quarterback’s throwing trajectory is too low. You have to adjust your throwing lanes accordingly.

2) The CPU AI is truly adaptive. If you mix plays up, especially the run and the pass, you’ll find receivers open much easier. The game rewards a solid gameplan, just like real life.

Now, if you still find Heisman coverage too annoying for your taste, matt10’s Zero Based Heisman sliders for ‘12 are perfect for this. You’ll be able to throw without such EA defensive trickery, and they also open up the spread running game which is a pleasant surprise.

But if a bigger challenge is what you’re after, check out SECElit3’s sliders. Great challenge and keeps you wanting to get better.

Last edited by OBinKC; 07-10-2020 at 02:56 PM.
Old 07-10-2020, 02:49 PM   #111
Rookie

Houndy's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsterry8
If you were only interested in a sim dynasty, which NCAA game would you all recommend? Just updated the rosters in 14 and have played it but it's starting to get a little stale. I have some of the old games but haven't touched them in years, but I mostly build teams and sim anyway.
I have used SECElite's Sliders since the game came out in 2011. They still give me a challenge week in and week out. And it's not like cheesy challenge. If your team is good, you will blow out a weak opponent. If you're even, it'll be super tough and if you're bad... nothing can save you.

Agree with the passing trajectories changing. You have to adjust (also, read option isn't as effective). But I can't go back to NCAA 14 because I really enjoy these sliders. Plus, with the dynasty editor, you can make the playoff as you do in 14 and edit stadiums and whatever you want. It's worth the switch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2020, 08:22 PM   #112
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Even on All-American it’s amazing how much better the defenses are playing than 14. I can’t walk it down the field, where in 14 even by restricting play calling it would often feel too straightforward.

Loving it. It feels like the NCAA Football I fell in love with years ago.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »