Home

Had to go back to NCAA ‘12

This is a discussion on Had to go back to NCAA ‘12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2019, 11:10 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Had to go back to NCAA ‘12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Good news...I loaded the roster up in the editor and found the tab for huddle/no huddle. Its under the COACHES tab under the heading "COHT" meaning Coach Huddle Type. I changed all teams who had the number "1" which we know to be "Normal" in NCAA 14. I switched them to the number "2" which is aggressive and sure enough they all do the look to the sideline animation. So its one of those hidden things in 12.
I never messed with the editors... I would actually change all of the coaches to "0" as I don't care for the no huddle in football video games because of the lack of playing time for the subs... I may have to look into this though...

Thanks for the info!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2019, 12:03 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoolyGuy
For those that have run dynasties in '12, do you see any problems with the CPU stats? Do the season totals seem reasonable.
I'm running one now, but I've mostly been focused on on-field play and super-sim stats & results (which has been great, so far). Over the next week or so, I'll pay closer attention to CPU stats in games that I don't play & CPU overall season totals, and let you know.

I was amazed at how much better this super-sim is, both in overall and play-by-play results & statistical results, than '14. So, this gives me confidence that the CPU season totals will be pretty realistic as well.
Old 07-27-2019, 02:10 PM   #43
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
I'm running one now, but I've mostly been focused on on-field play and super-sim stats & results (which has been great, so far). Over the next week or so, I'll pay closer attention to CPU stats in games that I don't play & CPU overall season totals, and let you know.

I was amazed at how much better this super-sim is, both in overall and play-by-play results & statistical results, than '14. So, this gives me confidence that the CPU season totals will be pretty realistic as well.

Hey Tuscaloosa, is it just me or are passing trajectories on poont in 12. There are a lot of things that I either forgot or just don't remember with this game. But having watched approx 10 cpu vs cpu games man the touch the qb's put on the ball and the trajectories were tuned very well. Another thing is I have not seen is the "stuck in the mud" or the "botched zone read" . The skilled players run through the catch without slowdown. EA did a really good job tuning tue gameplay from what i see...i havent made any adjustments to sliders and have been switching from Varsity to All-American.
Old 07-27-2019, 09:46 PM   #44
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Hey Tuscaloosa, is it just me or are passing trajectories on poont in 12. There are a lot of things that I either forgot or just don't remember with this game. But having watched approx 10 cpu vs cpu games man the touch the qb's put on the ball and the trajectories were tuned very well. Another thing is I have not seen is the "stuck in the mud" or the "botched zone read" . The skilled players run through the catch without slowdown. EA did a really good job tuning tue gameplay from what i see...i havent made any adjustments to sliders and have been switching from Varsity to All-American.
Definitely not just you. The passing looks so crisp on '12, from a USER perspective as well. Like you, I forgot so much about this game by the time '14 came around that I never really compared the two, straight up, until now. Yeah, haven't seen botched reads or the old center sneak glitch.
Old 07-27-2019, 10:09 PM   #45
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoolyGuy
For those that have run dynasties in '12, do you see any problems with the CPU stats? Do the season totals seem reasonable.
CPU teams get a ton more pancakes that me. In my 14-season dynasty, I've never had an offensive lineman make any of the Awards watch list and I only had a couple make All-Conference Second Team. User-controlled teams will have a lot of tackles and a few assisted tackles, while CPU-controlled teams will have fewer tackles and a lot of assists.

Most award winners seem to have realistic stats. I've never seen a Heisman winner with crazy stats, and the finalists are almost always quarterbacks (kinda' like it is today). I won Coach of the Year twice- once when I took North Texas from 0-12 to 10-3 and the second time when I won a Natty with Wake Forest.

Other stats seem to be on par. With my current team OVR 91 and 93 over the last couple of seasons, I'm getting players among the league leaders in stats.

Finally, I do coach mode with the games, and that is playing on All-American with 9-minute quarters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2019, 03:36 AM   #46
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

For anyone that is struggling to play 12 because of outdated rosters, I simmed 5 years of a dynasty and converted the roster to a base.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NCAA 12 Roster.zip (1.46 MB, 17 views)
Old 07-28-2019, 03:42 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 9

Pinbw converted last year's rosters to 12 for both Xbox and PS3.
Old 07-28-2019, 09:26 PM   #48
Rookie

How do you get the CPU to stop kicking 60+ yard field goals? Every time the CPU gets on my side of the 50, they’re kicking a FG regardless of distance or past results. It’s the only complaint I have so far, but it’s really hurting the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »