Home

BCS has LOST it's mind!

This is a discussion on BCS has LOST it's mind! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2019, 11:25 AM   #1
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29
BCS has LOST it's mind!

I've never seen this before in all my sims in NCAA 12. It defies all logic. The game code or AI went full derp on this.

National championship: Michigan (10-2) vs Oregon (10-2)

Neither team was even IN their conference championship game. Wisconsin won the big ten and ended 11-2 while USC won at 10-3. Michigan also lost to an unranked Northwestern.

Meanwhile, Texas won the Big12 at 11-1. Auburn won the SEC at 11-2.

I just can't even begin to explain how this happened. I've never seen anything like it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2019, 02:16 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: BCS has LOST it's mind!

I recently got back into '12, but I had a few odd turnouts in all of my '14 dynasties. I've seen really good 1-loss teams get skipped over like that. On either of these two years, the game seems to definitely favor a 2-loss team with big wins over a 1-loss team with good but lesser quality wins, regardless of what the quality of each team's losses are. I wish the quality of the losses was factored in, like IRL.
Old 07-23-2019, 11:44 PM   #3
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

In one of my dynasties, the National Championship had a re-match of the Big Ten Championship Game, Ohio State vs. Illinois. The #3 team was another Big Ten school, Penn State.
Old 07-24-2019, 02:06 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton9
In one of my dynasties, the National Championship had a re-match of the Big Ten Championship Game, Ohio State vs. Illinois. The #3 team was another Big Ten school, Penn State.
I pulled that off once in NCAA 2011.
#3 was the Big 10 champion, and #1 faced #2 for the title.
Don't remember ever pulling that off in NCAA 2012 or later tho
Old 08-26-2019, 06:21 PM   #5
Rookie

beastmode2013's Arena

Just had an odd turnout myself with my teambuilder dynasty. Second season in the C USA (65 ovr team) and we barely went undefeated with a 1 point win over Houston in week 2. The only undefeated team and made it to the natty vs Wisconsin, the only power 5 team with less than 3 losses.

Least to say we lost by 3 possessions, but I’ve never seen a one star get to the natty with sooooooo much help from the power five programs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2019, 11:00 AM   #6
Rookie

ClemTiger's Arena

OVR: 2

One year I remember fondly my team was 12-1 with the only loss in the Conf Champ game to another undefeated team by 3. I dropped 5 spots to #6 and the second place team in my division who was 9-3 and I beat by 21, got to play in the BCSNCG.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »