Home

Which NCAA version had the best defense? PS3/360

This is a discussion on Which NCAA version had the best defense? PS3/360 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2019, 03:29 PM   #17
Rookie

fightingirish595's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Which NCAA version had the best defense? PS3/360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
Recruiting on '12 does take a lot more work, but I remember a lot of people not liking the basic points system of '14 and wanting the more detailed style back. I honestly wish there was a middle ground between the two. I guess I would say I prefer '14's recruiting as well, but not enough to put up with the rest of it lol. Just picking guys I'd want on my team and letting the CPU go after them is enough for me on '12. I actually really enjoy not checking it at all after I set up my board and allowing myself to be surprised by the weekly signings. I turn off my assistants "add or remove" option, of course, and turn the others on.
I will definitely give that idea a look. I was one of those people who was upset they took the detail out of the recruiting. But now I’m so used to the easy way. I think part of what has made it hard to go back is forgetting my strategy. I adored dynasty modes in 10 and 12. 14 has just become so dull for me with rag doll gameplay. The slider guys have done a great job over the years making it better but it’s just starting to get too dull. I’ve set house rules and stuff and I think it’s time for a change. The next time I play NCAA I think I’m going to have to give 12 another shot
Old 08-13-2019, 08:34 AM   #18
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Which NCAA version had the best defense? PS3/360

I’m a little late on this thread, but if you’re looking for the toughest defense to beat, it’s definitely ‘12. But we’re talking extremely tough. You have to actually attack the weak spots of the opposing D, mix up the playcalling, and counteract their great adjustment to what you’re running. And even then, there will be games where you pull your hair out because they’ve blown up your gameplan. It’s surely a challenge coming up with a scheme to have a good offense.

The thing that bugs me most about ‘14 besides the defense being soft is that the best defenses aren’t any better than the worst defenses. I shouldn’t be able to take Georgia State and run all over Ohio State the same way I can run on Old Dominion. And Vice versa: If I make the defense tougher via sliders, Old Dominion shouldn’t be putting up a stonewall the way the Buckeyes would. It’s almost like the ratings don’t matter.

Regarding recruiting, I would certainly prefer just throwing points at recruits rather than making all of those phone calls, but the Heisman recruiting difficulty makes it tougher to land recruits, which makes it that much more rewarding.

Last edited by OBinKC; 08-13-2019 at 09:03 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »