Home

4- and 5-stars Who Don't Get Recruited

This is a discussion on 4- and 5-stars Who Don't Get Recruited within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2019, 02:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
4- and 5-stars Who Don't Get Recruited

Recently I started a dynasty as an OC with New Mexico and I noticed that in almost all of my offline dynasties that there's plenty of 4- and 5-stars that don't get recruited. Typically around Weeks 6-8 when recruiting is in full swing and many of the classes are getting filled out, there's always a couple Top 20 recruits who have 20% or less interest in schools. This leads me to drop in all 500+ points into this 5-star recruit because if nobody else wants him, I will gladly take him.

After a week or so of recruiting said 5-star, I notice his Top 3 schools became New Mexico, Idaho, and Arkansas State. Followed by Alabama, Ohio State, and Oklahoma.

Does anyone know why there's always a few guys who never get recruited? Is it just a typical NCAA '14 recruiting bug?

Side note: I have also realized that in most of my dynasties, no matter the sliders (JKits, Community, etc), I always have the best offense in terms of yardage and passing yardage AND always have the best-run defense (even though I'm an OC). I'm just not sure how I can average 275 passing yards a game and average 30+ points a game and be the best in the country at both when Air Rad offenses are a thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2019, 07:13 AM   #2
Rookie

OHNOESNCAA14's Arena

Re: 4- and 5-stars Who Don't Get Recruited

The top 20 recruits thing is a bug I believe, it happens in my dynasty's too. It sucks because if your really trying to build up a terrible team but keep getting 4-5 stars that none of the top schools wanted it can kill the challenge sometimes.

As for leading in passing yards, I run an Air Raid so it kinda makes sense for me. As for rushing allowed, I almost always lead the nation in rusing allowed too. I always thought that it was because your facing less rush attempts since your not playing 15 min quarters(assuming your not)while the CPU does unless they play you. That might be wrong but thats my thought. Hope this helped!
NBA:Chicago Bulls

Last edited by OHNOESNCAA14; 07-29-2019 at 09:28 AM.
Old 07-29-2019, 11:06 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHNOESNCAA14
The top 20 recruits thing is a bug I believe, it happens in my dynasty's too. It sucks because if your really trying to build up a terrible team but keep getting 4-5 stars that none of the top schools wanted it can kill the challenge sometimes.

I have a house rule on this scenario where I can only add players to my recruiting board during the season if they have me listed in their school list or if they reside in a pipeline state (the idea is that high school coaches will contact college coaches they have a relationship with to advocate for the kid if he isn't getting recruited). UNM probably has California and Texas as pipelines, so that may not filter out that many recruits in the OP's situation. I was the OC for Georgia State for the first two years of my current dynasty and am now in my 2nd year as head coach. My pipeline states are Georgia, Florida, and South Carolina and it is rare when I can add anyone that is a 4 star or 5 star during the season.
Old 07-29-2019, 11:50 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHNOESNCAA14

As for leading in passing yards, I run an Air Raid so it kinda makes sense for me. As for rushing allowed, I almost always lead the nation in rusing allowed too. I always thought that it was because your facing less rush attempts since your not playing 15 min quarters(assuming your not)while the CPU does unless they play you. That might be wrong but thats my thought. Hope this helped!
Yeah - I try and limit myself to just one player like that, especially if it’s at a position of need. Sometimes I like to create a storyline like “this Player couldn’t get in due to academics” or something along those lines. Also, I think I just have an amazing system that needs a few skill players to excel. I just wish the simmed stats of CPU vs CPU games would increase. My results have been right where I expect them to be: 62-14 vs FCS, 35-17 vs 0-8 NMSU, 14-59 at #10 Texas, 35-28 vs UTEP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrane
I have a house rule on this scenario where I can only add players to my recruiting board during the season if they have me listed in their school list or if they reside in a pipeline state (the idea is that high school coaches will contact college coaches they have a relationship with to advocate for the kid if he isn't getting recruited). UNM probably has California and Texas as pipelines, so that may not filter out that many recruits in the OP's situation. I was the OC for Georgia State for the first two years of my current dynasty and am now in my 2nd year as head coach. My pipeline states are Georgia, Florida, and South Carolina and it is rare when I can add anyone that is a 4 star or 5 star during the season.
I like that rule! I made it a priority to keep everyone from New Mexico. There were 5 recruits this season and I will get commitments from 4 of them. I also want to lockdown Arizona and get a majority of Texas’ 3*. My ideal pipelines would be New Mexico, Arizona, and Texas.
Old 07-29-2019, 12:22 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerfan01
Recently I started a dynasty as an OC with New Mexico and I noticed that in almost all of my offline dynasties that there's plenty of 4- and 5-stars that don't get recruited. Typically around Weeks 6-8 when recruiting is in full swing and many of the classes are getting filled out, there's always a couple Top 20 recruits who have 20% or less interest in schools. This leads me to drop in all 500+ points into this 5-star recruit because if nobody else wants him, I will gladly take him.

After a week or so of recruiting said 5-star, I notice his Top 3 schools became New Mexico, Idaho, and Arkansas State. Followed by Alabama, Ohio State, and Oklahoma.

Does anyone know why there's always a few guys who never get recruited? Is it just a typical NCAA '14 recruiting bug?

Side note: I have also realized that in most of my dynasties, no matter the sliders (JKits, Community, etc), I always have the best offense in terms of yardage and passing yardage AND always have the best-run defense (even though I'm an OC). I'm just not sure how I can average 275 passing yards a game and average 30+ points a game and be the best in the country at both when Air Rad offenses are a thing.
This is a dynasty bug. There's always a good about of skill position players that go unrecruited. I've actually thought about running a dynasty where I only start recruiting in Week 8 and beyond.

Passing and rushing for CPU are just messed up. There's a premium on rushing in simulated games and the opposite in played/super sim games. The top passers will only have low 3000 in yards per season and the top rushers are typically QBs.

However, if you play a game versus a team that averages 300+ rushing yards and only 150 passing, they will automatically be a pass heavy team, especially if the rushing isn't coming from the QB.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2019, 12:24 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrane
The house rules are great if you can follow them strictly (I can't). But the real problem is that other teams aren't getting these guys. Competition would be a lot tougher if these guys didn't just go unrecruited. There's no way to fix this unfortunately.

Old 07-29-2019, 03:27 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN30
The house rules are great if you can follow them strictly (I can't). But the real problem is that other teams aren't getting these guys. Competition would be a lot tougher if these guys didn't just go unrecruited. There's no way to fix this unfortunately.

No doubt you will suffer some temptation to deviate from this. But this forces you to fully examine players who are available to you and potentially find a diamond in the rough. A few dynasties ago I recruited a 2-star WR to Kent State who ended his career with 375 receptions for ~4,900 yards and 25 TDs.

Last season in my current dynasty I recruited a 1-star DT who is 6'7", 343 pounds and redshirted him. His overall is 44 and he'll probably be in the 47 -- 49 range as a R-FR. I'm a bit excited to see what he can do because height and weight effect game play just as speed and strength do. I think this is the only 1-star player I've ever been interested in playing.
Old 08-10-2019, 12:35 PM   #8
Rookie

So these recruits, if the user does not recruit them. Will any computer team eventually recruit them?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »