Home

PS2 NCAA with supersim and good recruiting?

This is a discussion on PS2 NCAA with supersim and good recruiting? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2019, 08:25 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: PS2 NCAA with supersim and good recruiting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by esayem
Play UCLA vs SMU and you’ll see why NCAA ‘11 sucks. Graphics dept. phoned that summabitch in. UCLA looks like they have brown pants with lingerie over top. SMU (and many others) have a weird conference patch glitch; it’s like they didn’t take off the patch from previous uniforms when they updated so they’re on top of each other. Maybe there’s an editor fix, but I doubt it.
some folks are worried about the little cosmetic details (which is fine, if that is what they are into). but if you want solid game-play and features, then 11 is the way to go on the ps2.
Old 08-18-2019, 07:21 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm mostly concerned with gameplay and getting good recruiting classes. I'm really only familiar with 04-06 on the PS2 which I owned (and still own) and played extensively. After that I went to the XBox 360 versions on and off to NCAA 14. I found I prefer the older PS2 style of game. I might try 11. I've only played one game of it on emualtor and it seems to "lack" something that 06 had but I can place my finger on it.
Old 08-18-2019, 08:04 PM   #11
Pro

esayem's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
some folks are worried about the little cosmetic details (which is fine, if that is what they are into). but if you want solid game-play and features, then 11 is the way to go on the ps2.
Well, the patches are little glitches, but UCLA is a GIANT mistake.

From what I remember, the recruiting is weird too. All the guys were bald with big ears, it was strange. I feel like there were an unrealistic amount of great recruits in certain positions or something too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2019, 08:10 PM   #12
lvl
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyloaf
Tril, I was reading that the recruiting gets wonky with 4-5 star QB's and WR's all over the place but only 1-3 star lineman. Is that true? I might go with 08 even though it doesn't have supersim because I loved Madden 08 on PS2.
That was my post you read.

Yes, the recruiting is the reason I cannot play it. I actually tried it again last night, there were 26 WR’s ranked in the Top 50. I’m not talking position, I’m talking top-50 overall. Another 10-15 of those were QB’s. Alabama signed 4 of them. 1 was an 89, another was an 87, another 86, and the last one 85. I recruited 8 of the WR’s for the hell of it. They all were rated from 86-90 overall as true freshmen.

The highest ranked DT and DE were 3-stars.

09 is the best ps2 version. The recruiting is well balanced and evened out among positions. Rarely will you ever see an 89 overall true freshmen and if so, he is the only one of the class and usually No. 1 overall in the recruiting class. Most of the Top-10 prospects are rated 82-85 as true freshmen.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by lvl; 08-20-2019 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-21-2019, 03:11 PM   #13
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
Yeah I switched to 10 on the emulator because of this but it is just cosmetic.
Is the emulator hard to setup? I use Dolphin for NHL Hitz Pro, but I haven't attempted the PS2 emulator yet. I'd love to find a good 06 ISO, if you have any insights that'd be greatly appreciated!
Old 08-21-2019, 11:00 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

For the ISO, you are on your own. I did download mine (as my old PS2 died) but I still have the disc (only sports game to survive my PS2 culling). The emulator is easy to setup. I finally game up on trying to find the "best" after trying various editions and just went back to 06, the game I loved back in the day. It is still great but the long ball is WAY to easy on default sliders. Time to find a new set.
Old 08-22-2019, 11:30 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

NCAA 09 Football for the PS2 was the best version in my opinion. It has all the newer features added to the series (not available in NCAA 06, 07, 08) minus the uniform glitches with NCAA 11 and the extreme amount of penalties that existed in both NCAA 10 and 11. I tried both NCAA 10 and 11 and found that no matter what settings or sliders you used the amount of holding penalties along all the others types of penalties were very frustrating and killed the game. Anytime the QB scrambles outside the pocket there will be a holding penalty called. The only fix was to disable penalties using Easy Play which was not an acceptable solution. EA added no improvements with NCAA 10 and 11 other than a different looking interface and game menu.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2019, 02:36 PM   #16
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rom3
NCAA 09 Football for the PS2 was the best version in my opinion. It has all the newer features added to the series (not available in NCAA 06, 07, 08) minus the uniform glitches with NCAA 11 and the extreme amount of penalties that existed in both NCAA 10 and 11. I tried both NCAA 10 and 11 and found that no matter what settings or sliders you used the amount of holding penalties along all the others types of penalties were very frustrating and killed the game. Anytime the QB scrambles outside the pocket there will be a holding penalty called. The only fix was to disable penalties using Easy Play which was not an acceptable solution. EA added no improvements with NCAA 10 and 11 other than a different looking interface and game menu.
Gameplay features are exactly why I don't play anything beyond 06. It's been a long time since I've played 09 but it does have Jump the Snap which is a game killer for me. Worst gameplay feature ever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »