Home

PS2 NCAA with supersim and good recruiting?

This is a discussion on PS2 NCAA with supersim and good recruiting? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2019, 06:48 AM   #25
Rookie

nflman2033's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: PS2 NCAA with supersim and good recruiting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
That's strange I've seen them much cheaper in quick searches in Google. Maybe take a day when you are off from work and check some pawn shops. Might be a wild goose chase or you might get lucky.
Yeah we got 2 flea markets here I will have to check out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2019, 09:45 AM   #26
Rookie

frankinho's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
After extensive testing of every PS2 game except 2002 and 08 I can say without a doubt 09 is the best, most balanced one of them all from a gameplay and feature standpoint once its main weakness is dealt with through slider tweaks.

07-11 jump the snap and break block ability in general is OP. Break block slider MUST be set to 0 no matter the skill level. You will then balance this out with the pass/run block slider according to your skill level.

Some great points about 09.

1)More animations compared to 06 and under, maybe even more than 07 need to test more.

2)Penalty sliders that actually work! Crank up PI slider to 99 and it gets called big time. Off and Def will get called regularly especially if you play more than 5 min quarters. This is what I don't like about 06. PI is rarely called.

3)Playbooks, Playbooks Playbooks! I love 2003-06. Great games, but once I played 09-11 I could not go back. The plays are very similar to what we have in modern college football. Run/pass options out of the spread. Lots of pre snap motion plays that work well, end arounds, very nice PA pass plays. You can run the ball out of the spread gun, or traditional pro style and option formations, unlike the later gen games bar 14 where the read option was very OP, but it worked closer to real life than any other game. In the PS2 version there is not much time to read the end or LB so its more of a guessing game, but it does work. Playbooks are very specialized for each team, unlike the earlier games. 07 was the year playbooks took a big jump and the 09-11 versions followed suit. Besides gameplay and the animations this is the biggest reason why 09 is better than the pre 07 releases gameplay wise. You just have so many more options strategically.

4) 09 does not have the graphical glitches and totally broken recruiting that 10 and 11 suffers from, plus the gameplay is virtually identical.

5) Your impact players play like stars, but not like the glitchy, arcade like way they did in 06. Part of the reason why 06 is the best HUM vs HUM game from this gen, but vs the CPU it is less enjoyable than 09-11 because of this IMO.

6) Offense and Defense is extremely balanced in 09-11. You can have a shootout one game and have a defensive struggle the next. In 2005 the game was very defensive. 06 was very offensive and arcade like. 09-11 give better balance especially since they toned down the momentum meter in these years.

7) QBs play to their tendencies better than the pre 07 games. In those games scramblers and balanced QBs did not scramble out of the pocket as much as they do in 09, especially with slider tweaks. They will take off and gain lots of yards in the process.

8) QB avoidance stick is an absolutely AWESOME feature especially if your Tackle slider is set a few clicks lower than your RBA slider. It adds a whole new game within a game. Not as useful if tackle slider is set high or even with RBA.

I could list at east 5 more, but I would say try 09 as it is the most balanced game with no weaknesses, except the one that 07-11 each has, but that weakness can be easily fixed with sliders.
Can you share the slider settings you're using please? I'm facing to many turnovers for my liking still.
Old 09-18-2019, 11:55 AM   #27
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankinho
Can you share the slider settings you're using please? I'm facing to many turnovers for my liking still.
Lower your Tackle slider and raise your RB Ability slider a bit, play around with the settings. Also Momentum does play a factor when you are behind in momentum you need to use the Triangle button to cover the ball in traffic about to get hit.

You have to adjust your game to situation. If the opponent momentum meter is maxed out call short passes to get your players confidence back up and by safe running the ball until you balance the meter back out.
Old 09-18-2019, 02:21 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

Do any of these suggestions apply to the PSP versions?
Old 09-14-2020, 09:27 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
After extensive testing of every PS2 game except 2002 and 08 I can say without a doubt 09 is the best, most balanced one of them all from a gameplay and feature standpoint once its main weakness is dealt with through slider tweaks.
I've been leaning toward 09 myself just for the supersim if nothing else.

Last edited by NoleFan; 06-21-2021 at 08:16 AM.
Old 09-14-2020, 04:11 PM   #30
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
I had to give up on 09, it has way too many issues. The momentum meter leads to too many bad things happening for any team behind the 8-ball, mainly turnovers, especially fumbles. Jump the Snap can be negated on AA but on Heisman, sliders are useless. Unfortunately AA is way too easy, I was blowing out teams who were vastly superior to me. Also, defensive line stunts can't be blocked by offensive linemen so I had to stop using them and hoped the CPU wouldn't use them at all. Finally, the probation issue is really bad in 09. After a few years, over 1/3 of the teams are on probation.

This all stinks as I really wanted to make 09 work as I love the updated playbooks, but I can't play it anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »