Home

How to make NCAA 14 more fun

This is a discussion on How to make NCAA 14 more fun within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2019, 09:42 PM   #17
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: How to make NCAA 14 more fun

One thing i just learned and started doing organizing each teams depth chart by Awareness instead of overall. Since Awareness is the second heaviest weighted attribute and makes AI players play better...i now set my depth chart according to who has the highest Awareness. This has made for some interesting lineups. I see some true freshmen starting at some positions although they may be 6 points worse overall than another player. I learned this tidbit from the guy who does the conversion rosters for NCAA 12 and 13 as well as the dudes who do rosters for Madden 12.
Old 09-02-2019, 11:20 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Awareness is the second heaviest weighted attribute... I learned this tidbit from the guy who does the conversion rosters for NCAA 12 and 13 as well as the dudes who do rosters for Madden 12.
Really? Everything I've ever seen says otherwise, unless I'm not understanding what you're saying. This is interesting, I've never tested it directly, myself.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-analysis.html

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...aa-2013-a.html

Last edited by Tuscaloosa; 09-02-2019 at 11:23 PM.
Old 09-03-2019, 09:40 AM   #19
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
Really? Everything I've ever seen says otherwise, unless I'm not understanding what you're saying. This is interesting, I've never tested it directly, myself.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-analysis.html

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...aa-2013-a.html

Yeah man, I've never come across those sources right there. I'll have to check them out. Here is where I got that info from. Kaalib was able to look at the Raw Data/Game Code in the NCAA and Madden games for the 360 somehow and would find out what the ratings meant and how they worked in game; and then when I went back and bought Madden 12 for 360, I started looking up info on that and I saw where the guys were saying to set the depth chart by Awareness instead of Overall...same went for pin I think who does the conversion rosters for 12 and 13 because somehow when the roster are converted over, the overall's get messed up. So, I've been doing it ever since.

Post #1

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-ratings.html

Post #21 (In this post he was talking moreso about QB Awareness and how it affects picking up blitzes and the sack radius around the QB. I've tested this one and know it to be true. Using my Fictional Roster and default sliders, if a QB has high awareness, it's very difficult for the DLine to get any pressure at all because 1) it takes longer for the OL and DL to engage, which gives the QB more time and by the time the DL animates a move the ball is gone and 2) it seems like there is more of a wall or force field there which makes it difficult for the DL to break block. But, when I lowered QB awareness, the OL/DL engaged each other faster and DL moves animate faster which makes the sack radius "smaller."

I was getting really frustrated because I couldn't find a way to get the DLine to generate pass rush without making drastic moves with sliders.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ratings-3.html

This was a post from 2015 about Madden 16 for the 360. At this point NCAA was 2 years removed form this game. The part I paid most attention to from Post #1 was this:

"6) Awareness Functions (has nothing to do with AI awareness, might be miss labeled)
- Is the actual OVR of a player (might be mislabled)
- the higher this is, the higher the #5 is.
- Players in Draft Classes depth chart positioning are in-line with this rating
(ie the higher the rating, the higher they are on the depth chart)

- Modifier of all ratings
(Players will have their high ratings modified by having low AWR)
- as it increases the closer to that rating the AI controlled player will function
(ie Catch = 85/AWR = 40, player will drop passes even though the rating is high)"

He went on to explain more about this throughout the thread so I decided to give it a shot seeing as though I'm always looking for something new every year lol.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-cfm-play.html

Also Post #56

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...fm-play-7.html
Old 09-05-2019, 08:40 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
One thing i just learned and started doing organizing each teams depth chart by Awareness instead of overall. Since Awareness is the second heaviest weighted attribute and makes AI players play better...i now set my depth chart according to who has the highest Awareness. This has made for some interesting lineups. I see some true freshmen starting at some positions although they may be 6 points worse overall than another player. I learned this tidbit from the guy who does the conversion rosters for NCAA 12 and 13 as well as the dudes who do rosters for Madden 12.
Huh. Interesting. I might have to try this in the future.
Old 09-06-2019, 03:41 PM   #21
Rookie

beastmode2013's Arena

Whenever I start a new dynasty now, I first make my custom playbooks from the ground up, then I start with a level 1 HC and do not upgrade what so ever. I recruit players for those books ONLY. I go for one low lock recruit if I need to. Then when the season starts, all The positions I just signed on as freshman lose the starter from the previous or current year. Example: If I signed on a 72 ovr qb freshman, the starting qb is cut.

Also importing a bunch of TBs is always fun! And CFP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2019, 01:26 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:

This is sounds right, and it makes the most sense. It should be a balance between athletic skill and awareness, but with an awareness threshold, so that you are not putting that really gifted player out there until they are at least competent at the position.
Old 10-27-2021, 09:14 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its2Eazy17
[size="4"][font="Times New Roman"]Hello everyone! If you are looking for a different set of sliders to spice up your game, give mine a shot, if not, all love and wish you the best!
Stop spamming your sliders in all the topics, dude.
Old 12-01-2021, 04:12 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

also "big time" recruits can't be redshirted. this is fluid based on the team strength but basically if a guy will play at all i don't redshirt him. that might mean a 3rd string rb or the 5th string wr, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »