Home

EA Sports Planned to Release College Football 15 with an Expanded TeamBuilder & More

This is a discussion on EA Sports Planned to Release College Football 15 with an Expanded TeamBuilder & More within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2019, 08:00 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: EA Sports Planned to Release College Football 15 with an Expanded TeamBuilder & M

While I would have bought this. The whole idea sound really ambitious. But that's what you would have to do for an potiental fictional game. Compared to a indie game, a AAA company has the resources to pull off these types of ambitious ideas
Old 10-27-2019, 01:38 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5
Yes I would have bought it and it would have had a playoff too which would make it playable forever.
Old 10-27-2019, 07:27 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: EA Sports Planned to Release College Football 15 with an Expanded TeamBuilder & M

I think the idea was made during a meeting and quickly shot down.
No part of this was likely ever designed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2019, 12:43 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 10

Dint know why they still cant do it. Player likeness not as crucial in college ball. Allow for customization for the die hards. What the prob???

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-28-2019, 07:45 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: This was EA Sports’ plan for its canceled NCAA Football game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
Most important part of the article: "IT PROBABLY WOULDN’T HAVE WORKED." lol

I think the most important part of the source article was, "...In the course of the lawsuit, the public learned that EA Sports designers had built their games by creating and rating real-life college players, and had then removed their names from the on-disc roster to comply with NCAA eligibility rules. EA Sports also, according to testimony, lobbied the NCAA for an exception to their eligibility rules that would allow college players to approve and even be paid for their appearance in a video game without jeopardizing their eligibility".

The NCAA is ultimately the one responsible for this game ending. These kids would have been paid in the 100's of dollars, as if they were working a part time job. Very shortsighted by the NCAA.
Old 10-28-2019, 09:32 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 5
I really wish EA would've at least tried once to release the game without the NCAA just to see how it would sell.* Even for the drop off of sales I would think it wouldn't hurt as much depending on how much they have to pay the NCAA for using the name and the teams.* * Just add a lot of customization and let the customers build the rosters and the teams for them.* While it was cool to have the team fight songs and the like I don't think it's a deal breaker to not have them in there.
Old 10-28-2019, 02:48 PM   #15
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I wish I would have never read that ish...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2019, 02:31 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 0

We now know the NCAA has opened the door for another EA college football game and EA already has the template for the new game which includes a mode where a user assumes the role of an individual player.

In other games which have adopted this mode it tends to take over the game in terms of developer time while other modes are neglected to the point where simple bugs don't get patched.

It would probably sell more copies which is good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »