Home

Recently returned to NCAA 10

This is a discussion on Recently returned to NCAA 10 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2019, 03:09 PM   #1
Rookie

fightingirish595's Arena

OVR: 0
Recently returned to NCAA 10

Did anyone like this game? It was one of my favorite NCAAs. I feel like it feels different now then it did then, probably because I played so much NCAA 14 where the movement is crazy. Also might sound crazy but I almost prefer the graphics in NCAA 10.

Does anyone still play this version?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2019, 05:01 PM   #2
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Recently returned to NCAA 10

I was on the opposite end of the spectrum. NCAA 10 is effectively the game that killed my love for the series. I'd bought every NCAA since 98 leading up to it. But after NCAA 10, I bought NCAA 11 new and NCAA 14 used. Online Dynasties were a lot of fun (I still think ODs were the best multiplayer feature in any sports game), and Teambuilder was awesome. But I hated everything about the gameplay.

It's kind of interesting two people could look at the same thing and have such different responses to it. Just goes to show that entertainment is much more subjective than objective. We like what we like and we don't what we don't.
Old 10-29-2019, 05:12 PM   #3
Pro

I think it's important to note which console. IMO, PS2 = pretty good, PS3 = probably one of the worst.

It could just be me though. I'm a big "Ask Coach" player, and the play calling on PS3 '10 is the worst, most repetitive that I've seen.

Last edited by Tuscaloosa; 10-29-2019 at 05:14 PM.
Old 10-29-2019, 05:16 PM   #4
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
I think it's important to note which console. IMO, PS2 = pretty good, PS3 = probably one of the worst.
I totally forgot NCAA 10 came out on PS2. Yes, the PS2 version was very solid, despite lacking some of the better features available on the PS3 (and better graphics obviously).
Old 10-29-2019, 05:23 PM   #5
Rookie

Seems like I remember 11 being good. Maybe it was 12 I don't know. Been so long since I played those.

Recently bought a used PS3 and have a copy of NCAA 13 I got for 4 bucks, and then found a copy later of 14 for 30. So I've been re living old memories playing those. Hours and hours. Have barely touched the ps4 in weeks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2019, 05:29 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_bobcat_06
Seems like I remember 11 being good. Maybe it was 12 I don't know. Been so long since I played those.

Recently bought a used PS3 and have a copy of NCAA 13 I got for 4 bucks, and then found a copy later of 14 for 30. So I've been re living old memories playing those. Hours and hours. Have barely touched the ps4 in weeks.
I've been in a similar situation. I've had a couple massive retro hauls lately, including a PS2 and every year of the series (multiples of some), except for '13; the only one that I still need. So, I've been going back and testing them all over the past few months. I had planned on making a thread about it.
Old 10-29-2019, 07:04 PM   #7
Rookie

NCAA 10 was the first version of the game I bought on the Xbox 360. I had been out of gaming for 3 or 4 years altogether and after getting the 360 I was dying to see what next gen (at the time) looked like for NCAA.

At the time I was living in Washington DC in grad school and kind of in a low place in my adult life. So I started a new Dynasty and for the first time ever played as something other than a 1 or 2 star program. I played 5.5 years as Ohio State. Won two national titles and had some great memories in that Dynasty.

* Jamal Berry who flamed out as a big time recruit in real life became an injury prone game breaker for me who would have 2 or 3 huge games in a row then get hurt and miss a few games or whole seasons.

* I ended up benching a national championship winning QB for his backup because the team just played better with the backup in

* I still remember in like year 4 I was on pace to play for the National Title but lost on the road to Wisconsin despite being ranked number 1 or 2. They just blew me out at the start and we never recovered. Final score was 31-21, but it was never close. They were up like 28-7 at one point and I scored late when the game was in hand.

I fired this Dynasty back up last year and finished the remaining half season in the Dynasty. I used the editor to implement the playoff and ended up winning my 3rd national title. It felt like a great place to "end" (or put on hold) the Dynasty. I lost all my big time players to the draft and was basically starting over. Felt like a good finish to the story that Dynasty told.

As for 10 itself, I enjoyed it. It has flaws for sure. But I still believe the atmosphere and presentation is better in a lot of ways. Recruiting is better. If the playbooks were more modern and we could customize conferences like we can in NCAA 12 through 14 I would probably spend more time with it.

I love 10. I know it isnt as popular with folks around here, but that game has a special place in my heart.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-29-2019, 09:14 PM   #8
Rookie

fightingirish595's Arena

I don’t know why I like it. Some interesting takes from everyone here. I’ve been playing some games I see some wonky crap that I never noticed when I was 14.

For whatever reason I just like it. Can’t explain it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »