Home

The end of PS3 with NCAA Football? Brute force doesn't work

This is a discussion on The end of PS3 with NCAA Football? Brute force doesn't work within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2019, 10:05 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
When you download the uhh, I forgot what it needs you to download as the prerequisite, but you need to download the 86x version for it to work. I had this exact issue.

Oh lol, I just re-read seems as if you got it to work.

I got Bruteforce to work yes. I googled it and it said click “all files” in the bottom and hit refresh and it works. I’m able to decrypt.

Now my issue is getting the file to load in the NCAA Dynasty Editor and webpage creator. With both, I get “error this is not a dB or MC02 file “ when it is. I double check to make sure I enter a period instead of a comma when I add the extension because they look similar. I also tried to leave as is and that doesn’t make any difference. With the webpage creator, it gives the error message but shows the file name at the top as if it loaded it anyway.

It’s probably something simple as a missing file in the program . I have used the NCAA Dynasty Editor before on PS3 with no problems. When I get home from work I will see what version I have and let y’all know and post pictures. I don’t have access to these programs until I get home

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by GSEagles001; 11-18-2019 at 10:58 AM.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:51 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: The end of PS3 with NCAA Football? Brute force doesn't work

I've had that issue before, I've never really understood what causes it specifically. It could be the save file itself. Maybe just save in another save slot and try it again.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:45 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
I've had that issue before, I've never really understood what causes it specifically. It could be the save file itself. Maybe just save in another save slot and try it again.
By save slot I’m guessing you mean USB. I have 2 and I try to keep one specific for Xbox360 and one for PS3. I’ll try my other one and see.

That’s possible. I’ll try that thanks. Same here. I’ve got files loaded before with no problem.

My Xbox360 disc is scratched to hell and back. Xbox360 won’t read it anymore . The PS3 version is a download. I wonder why this game is downloadable on PS3 but not Xbox360. Possible licensing issues maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by GSEagles001; 11-18-2019 at 01:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2019, 02:27 PM   #12
MVP

No I mean new save slot, so it generates a new save. Maybe editing has corrupted the older save from being used in the editor.
Old 11-18-2019, 05:35 PM   #13
Rookie

I have to transfer my files from the ps3 to the computer with the USB. Perhaps I can copy the SAVEDATA folder to my pc?
Old 11-18-2019, 05:50 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
No I mean new save slot, so it generates a new save. Maybe editing has corrupted the older save from being used in the editor.
I haven't done any edits to this save file. It's just to run my end of season reports. I am about to post a step by step of what I am getting. Hope that helps someone to be able to help me.

Basically, I have my end of season file on the ps3 hard drive. I then copy it from the PS3 Hard drive to the USB. Then, I plug it into my computer and open BruteForce. I select "All Files" and hit refresh.

Enclosed are images of my BruteForce with the file decrypted, and then the SAVEDATA folder on my computer with the ".MC02" extension added
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NCAAFBBF.jpg (157.9 KB, 268 views)
File Type: jpg NCAAFBSAVEDATA.jpg (67.3 KB, 270 views)

Last edited by GSEagles001; 11-18-2019 at 06:22 PM.
Old 11-18-2019, 05:57 PM   #15
Rookie

I try to open the file in the Webpage Creator Version 3.06 and I get this error message:

*I don't know how it ended up sideways. It was vertical when I took the picture with my phone and it automatically loaded it like this on my computer.

I think I know what you mean. Save the file on the PS3 under a different name and create a new save. I'll try that. I never edited this file but I will try it anyway. Thanks.

**Update** I scrapped the end of season files and went back to my San Diego State and UCLA dynasties. I had 2 files at Week 10 called "Midseason" (MDSSN) for which I was going to run midseason reports(more on how I was able to do that in another post). I got the error message in the picture. I went back into PS3 and re-saved both as "SDSMS2" and "UCLAMS2" , creating a new save slot for both.

Still get the same error 'This is not a DB or MC02 file"

Sorry if I seem like a pest but I would really like to be able to edit PS3 dynasty files and create webpages for my dynasties. I’m just not very good with computers and all their little peculiarities. I have very little problem with Xbox360 other than the game disc only lasts about 6 months to a year before it gets too worn out . I keep it in its case when not in use but I do play it a lot . Maybe I can get this one working or get another one soon

I don’t know if this makes a difference but the NCAA Dynasty editor I have is version 1.0. The webpage creator is 3.06.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0711[1].jpg (245.7 KB, 260 views)

Last edited by GSEagles001; 11-18-2019 at 07:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2019, 09:58 PM   #16
MVP

Can you upload the save file as an attachment?

Last edited by Brock; 11-18-2019 at 10:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »