Home

Any new conference realignment ideas?

This is a discussion on Any new conference realignment ideas? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2019, 12:35 PM   #9
Pro

jpfine's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Any new conference realignment ideas?

I did some tinkering of my own last night to try to come up with a good set of conferences that would make sense and also have its own twist. I'm not too familiar with the protected rivalries, so if you think that there should be for a certain conferences so I can update it.

Spoiler

Indy Eleven | Rutgers | NY Giants | Watford
Old 11-13-2019, 01:27 PM   #10
Rookie

I havent figured out how to configure it yet, but I am trying to put together some conference realignment that has 8 major conferences with 12 teams. Everyone else would make up the remaining conferences.

I am thinking the 8 major conferences would be the Big 10, ACC, SEC, Pac-12, Big 12, MWC, Sun Belt, and probably MAC.

Everyone else would be relegated to the remaining conferences.

This would then turn conference championship games into a defacto first round playoff with the conference champions being seeded into an 8 team playoff.

There would be some type of promotion and relegation too. I have never gotten far enough into a Dynasty to do something like this so I haven't thought it all the way through.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-13-2019, 05:12 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 13

FYI, there is also this topic

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...nce-setup.html

I've used the one in the OP there before, just replacing UAB with The Citadel and Idaho with North Dakota State. Have had some fun dynasties with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2019, 02:19 PM   #12
Rookie

I always roll with the same conferences , i cannot accept playing where things don't make sense geographically, or at least for the most part.

AAC basically becomes the old big east

Notre Dame Boston College
Cincinnati Maryland
West Virginia UConn
Pitt Temple
Syracuse UMASS
Louisville Rutgers

ACC

Florida State Wake Forest
Miami Nc State
Clemson North Carolina
UCF Duke
USF Virginia
Georgia Tech Virginia Tech

Big 12 is Texas vs the world . Swap Iowa State to the big 10 and Nebraska back to the big 12 where they belong.

Baylor Oklahoma
Houston Oklahoma State
Texas Kansas
Texas Tech Kansas State
Texas A&M Missouri
TCU Nebraska

SEC returns to its traditional teams before expansion, Big 10 has one change with Iowa State replacing Nebraska to be in conference with rival Iowa, CUSA becomes a 16 team conference with Texas and Louisiana second tier teams and a few others, the sun belt becomes an 8 team 3rd tier conference.

Independents are Army and Navy only. BYU moved to MWC, NM State moved to MWC, Old Dominion to the sun belt if they aren't replaced by a teambuilder team. Notre Dame to the AAC.

Sometimes ill swap out Colorado from the pac 12 and put them in the MWC or the Big 12 depending on how i feel, and replace them with Hawaii, or Boise State.

Again, it's all about every conference having a title game or at least 8 teams, and GEOGRAPHY, GEOGRAPHY GEOGRAPHY !
Old 11-14-2019, 04:19 PM   #13
Rookie

Another thing kind of fun was to move all the independents into conferences. For example, makes it a bit more interesting if you move Notre Dame into the SEC where they have to play those teams every year. Or move them like I did one year I think into C-USA then the other teams get to sink or swim.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:10 PM   #14
Just started!

brickbybrick's Arena

I juust started a fresh dynasty with a new idea. I haven't read through the old ideas in a while, so I'm not sure how much it has been discussed.

I wanted to start a world where relegation happens every year in college football. I have 6 power conferences and 4 mid-major conferences. Every conference has 10 members - this allows for each team to play each other in conference. Each of the 6 power conference champs go to a 6 team playoff. Each of the 4 mid-major conference champs go to a 4 team playoff, where the winner is moved into a power conference the next year.

The power conference team with the worst conference record gets relegated to the mid-major level. When there's a tie (which I expect most years), I'll decide based on other factors like non-conference record, strength of conference, and scores. I might actually move two teams up and down, but I'll decide at the end of my first year and roll with that number for future years.

When creating the conferences, I based placement on team prestige stars, historical production, and default overall ratings. In general, I tried to keep teams in the same conference or with historical and/or geographical ties with other teams.

1st Year Conference set-up:

Power 6
ACC: Clemson, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Miami, NC State, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Virginia Tech

American: BC, Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Penn State, Pitt, Rutgers, Syracuse, West Virginia

Big 10: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisville, Minnesota, Missouri, Northwestern, Purdue, Wisconsin

Big 12: Baylor, Colorado, Kansas State, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M

Pac 12: Arizona, Arizona State, Cal, Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, UCLA, USC, Utah, Washington

SEC: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, LSU, Ole Miss, Miss State, Tennessee, Vanderbilt

Mid-Major 4
Mountain West: Boise State, BYU, Fresno State, Hawaii, Nevada, San Diego State, San Jose State, Utah State, UNLV, Washington State

C-USA: Colorado State, Houston, Iowa State, Kansas, Louisiana Tech, Rice, SMU, Tulsa, UTEP, Wyoming

Sun Belt: Arkansas State, ECU, Memphis, MTSU, So Miss, Troy, UCF, ULL, ULM, USF

MAC: Cincinnati, UConn, Duke, Marshall, NIU, Ohio U, Temple, Toledo, Wake Forest, W. Kentucky

All other teams are independents. I'll also move the top (2 or 4) independent teams up into the mid-major level and drop the bottom (2 or 4) mid-major teams.
Old 11-15-2019, 03:12 PM   #15
Pro

jpfine's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickbybrick
I juust started a fresh dynasty with a new idea. I haven't read through the old ideas in a while, so I'm not sure how much it has been discussed.

I wanted to start a world where relegation happens every year in college football. I have 6 power conferences and 4 mid-major conferences. Every conference has 10 members - this allows for each team to play each other in conference. Each of the 6 power conference champs go to a 6 team playoff. Each of the 4 mid-major conference champs go to a 4 team playoff, where the winner is moved into a power conference the next year.

The power conference team with the worst conference record gets relegated to the mid-major level. When there's a tie (which I expect most years), I'll decide based on other factors like non-conference record, strength of conference, and scores. I might actually move two teams up and down, but I'll decide at the end of my first year and roll with that number for future years.

When creating the conferences, I based placement on team prestige stars, historical production, and default overall ratings. In general, I tried to keep teams in the same conference or with historical and/or geographical ties with other teams.

Power 6
ACC: Clemson, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Miami, NC State, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Virginia Tech

American: BC, Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Penn State, Pitt, Rutgers, Syracuse, West Virginia

Big 10: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisville, Minnesota, Missouri, Northwestern, Purdue, Wisconsin

Big 12: Baylor, Colorado, Kansas State, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M

Pac 12: Arizona, Arizona State, Cal, Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, UCLA, USC, Utah, Washington

SEC: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, LSU, Ole Miss, Miss State, Tennessee, Vanderbilt

Mid-Major 4
Mountain West: Boise State, BYU, Fresno State, Hawaii, Nevada, San Diego State, San Jose State, Utah State, UNLV, Washington State

C-USA: Colorado State, Houston, Iowa State, Kansas, Louisiana Tech, Rice, SMU, Tulsa, UTEP, Wyoming

MAC: Cincinnati, UConn, Duke, Marshall, NIU, Ohio U, Temple, Toledo, Wake Forest, W. Kentucky

All other teams are independents. I'll also move the top (2 or 4) independent teams up into the mid-major level and drop the bottom (2 or 4) mid-major teams.
I've always loved the idea of promotion and relegation, and this is a good system. It's interesting to see teams like Kansas, Duke, Washington State (among others) that are in Power 5 conferences right now, but they would be in the Mid-Major conferences. Nice setup (:

Indy Eleven | Rutgers | NY Giants | Watford
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2019, 09:51 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickbybrick

Power 6

Mid-Major 4

How do you do two playoffs and how do you do a six-team playoff?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »