Home

How To Stop The Pass!!!

This is a discussion on How To Stop The Pass!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2019, 02:26 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: How To Stop The Pass!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegefbfan
I am glad you mentioned press. All the YouTube videos I viewed say to always base align. Always. Because the game is “broken” with the secondary not aligning correctly. Is this true? Thanks for the other tips also.
There are times where you need to base align for sure. You don’t want your linebackers on receivers
Old 11-30-2019, 12:17 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegefbfan
So NCAA 14, my Florida State dynasty was rolling. We play at Duke. They beat us last season, but due to the replay makes gameplay slow down glitch. We were up 24-7 and lost. But this season, we play the Blue Devils. Man, I could not stop the pass. More about the stats when I post in the dynasty thread later. But what seems to work to stop the pass? I mean just the short or intermediate passes and to the outside. I had to pass like crazy just to keep up and eek out a win. Duke had like over 500 yards of offense. No team had done that this entire season. Is zone the answer or man? I bet many will say nickel cover two. I did that also. Any adjustments that can be made? Thanks.
to fix that replay glitch. go to your depth chart as soon as you see the slow glitch. when you pull up the right trigger to switch positions you'll see that it starts cycle through on its own. simply move your thumb stick around and it will stop. once it stops auto cycling return to the game and the glitch should be gone.
Old 11-30-2019, 04:50 AM   #11
Rookie

I usually find myself controlling either a DE or a safety. Safety is nice because you can drop back and kind of survey the field with your peripheral vision, and "flow" to where the action is happening, run or pass. If you control a safety and have help underneath, you might drop back into a deep zone and then decide, f - it and rush the passer. It works like a delayed blitz and sometimes you will have a clear path to the qb and if you don't knock him into next week, you might at least hurry him into an incompletion and rattle him a little for a couple plays.

One thing to always remember is, let's say you are controlling a DE on a pass play and you are unable to reach the qb before he gets the pass away. While still controlling the DE, you can press and hold triangle or...whichever button is swat pass (L1 or R1, funny how we know what button to push when we are in-game but have no clue which one it is when we try to explain something...) and anyways you will make the DB jump and make a play on the ball, without actually having control of that player. So that keeps you from getting out of position by switching at the last second, by I have gotten over 90% of my int's that way over the years I bet.

Otherwise like the other guys have said, show blitz from time to time even if you aren't blitzing. Use L2 or whatever to predict pass. I like to pick a zone play where 1 or 2 of my cb's are playing flat zones near the line of scrimmage and then before the snap, switch those cb's to man. These things all confuse the CPU.

How do you base align? I thought it was triangle + right, but all that seems to do is jumble everything up and get me all out of position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2019, 07:16 AM   #12
Pro

Thanks for the info guys. Hey Phil Spiderman, I think base align is triangle and the left stick to the right. But you just said even if you aren’t controlling the DB or safety and a pass is thrown you can do triangle and the player will go up for interceptions without switching to him? Man, I never knew that. I thought you had to switch to the player first.

Also, when do you guys send players into flat zones or buzz zones? Which players do you do this with? This is one feature I have bused very little and like to know when and who to send into these zones. Thanks.
Old 12-24-2019, 10:40 PM   #13
MVP

Pass coverage was pretty broken in this game. It was the same in Madden which lead them to their coverage overhaul a year or two later. Not much sliders or anything like that have been able to do for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »