Home

Can anyone help with the damn "error this is not a DB or MC02 file" message for ps3?

This is a discussion on Can anyone help with the damn "error this is not a DB or MC02 file" message for ps3? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2020, 03:54 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Can anyone help with the damn "error this is not a DB or MC02 file" message for p

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSEagles001
Tuscaloosa, I’m guessing I need to send the entire folder with the save file name and leave it encrypted.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yeah, just attach the BLUS. When you start your reply, click on the little paper clip above to attach files.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2020, 05:28 PM   #42
Rookie

Re: Can anyone help with the damn "error this is not a DB or MC02 file" message for p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
Yeah, just attach the BLUS. When you start your reply, click on the little paper clip above to attach files.

Ok will do thanks

Old 01-12-2020, 07:45 PM   #43
Rookie

I attached it as a zip folder. Hope someone is able to open it or if not that is ok too. Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip BLUS31159-DYNASTY-GTECH.zip (7.96 MB, 13 views)
Old 01-12-2020, 09:04 PM   #44
Pro

Quote:
I attached it as a zip folder. Hope someone is able to open it or if not that is ok too. Thanks
I think I know what your issue might be. It gives an error message, but you can use it anyway. Just click on the tab that you want to work with, and then click "Refresh View". Then the tab will be filled in with information, no longer blank.

After you do your edits - don't forget to save, remove .mc02, and encrypt the file again.

Edit - I was just reading the older pages in this thread and I see that has already been recommended to you. Clicking "Refresh View" never worked, huh? Actually, it didn't give me the "this is not an mc02..." message. It was something else, now that I think about it.

That said, I was able to look at your dynasty on my laptop just fine. Makes me wonder if something has gone wrong with your Brute or config files maybe. Are you running BF 4.7.4?

Edit 2 - You're trying to use the purple and gold editor, right? I was able to make it give me the "this is not an mc02..." error by attempting to load it, without decrypting it first. As you know, it won't even show up as an option, unless properly named with ".mc02" on the end. So, that definitely isn't the issue, even though that is what it says. All of this leads me to believe, that for some reason, you're never actually decrypting the file. Maybe the right file isn't selected when you decrypt, even though it looks like it is. Maybe it's one of the differences in our processes (discussed a couple pages back), like you closing out BF when I, and others, leave it open. Or, lastly, and perhaps most likely, something is just wrong with your BruteForce. Just make sure that your USR-DATA is being decrypted, and if it still fails, I'd just delete everything to do with BruteForce and re-install the program.

Last edited by Tuscaloosa; 01-12-2020 at 09:36 PM.
Old 01-13-2020, 10:16 AM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
I think I know what your issue might be. It gives an error message, but you can use it anyway. Just click on the tab that you want to work with, and then click "Refresh View". Then the tab will be filled in with information, no longer blank.

After you do your edits - don't forget to save, remove .mc02, and encrypt the file again.

Edit - I was just reading the older pages in this thread and I see that has already been recommended to you. Clicking "Refresh View" never worked, huh? Actually, it didn't give me the "this is not an mc02..." message. It was something else, now that I think about it.

That said, I was able to look at your dynasty on my laptop just fine. Makes me wonder if something has gone wrong with your Brute or config files maybe. Are you running BF 4.7.4?

Edit 2 - You're trying to use the purple and gold editor, right? I was able to make it give me the "this is not an mc02..." error by attempting to load it, without decrypting it first. As you know, it won't even show up as an option, unless properly named with ".mc02" on the end. So, that definitely isn't the issue, even though that is what it says. All of this leads me to believe, that for some reason, you're never actually decrypting the file. Maybe the right file isn't selected when you decrypt, even though it looks like it is. Maybe it's one of the differences in our processes (discussed a couple pages back), like you closing out BF when I, and others, leave it open. Or, lastly, and perhaps most likely, something is just wrong with your BruteForce. Just make sure that your USR-DATA is being decrypted, and if it still fails, I'd just delete everything to do with BruteForce and re-install the program.

First part , yes I tried Refresh View and it gave me the big box that said “object not set to an instance of an object “ or something.

No I have 4.6 .

I decrypt the USR Data file and I tried leaving BF open. Also, I made sure that I put a period and not a comma on the extension.

That is what I thought too. That the file isn’t actually decrypted. I can try to take 2 files and decrypt 1 and leave the other encrypted. Then pull both up side by side in the hex editor. If the code is exactly the same that tells me the “decrypted” file isn’t really getting decrypted.

Thanks for your help

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2020, 11:35 AM   #46
Pro

Quote:
First part , yes I tried Refresh View and it gave me the big box that said “object not set to an instance of an object “ or something.

No I have 4.6 .

I decrypt the USR Data file and I tried leaving BF open. Also, I made sure that I put a period and not a comma on the extension.

That is what I thought too. That the file isn’t actually decrypted. I can try to take 2 files and decrypt 1 and leave the other encrypted. Then pull both up side by side in the hex editor. If the code is exactly the same that tells me the “decrypted” file isn’t really getting decrypted.

Thanks for your help

No problem, though I'm not sure how much help I've been. Yeah, you might try updating BF.
Old 01-13-2020, 12:48 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
No problem, though I'm not sure how much help I've been. Yeah, you might try updating BF.

You have been a lot of help. I’ll try to find another 4.7 version

Old 01-14-2020, 11:30 AM   #48
Rookie

I can’t find 4.7. I think I used to have it and maybe I still do on my computer somewhere. All the google links are garbage. They lead to the same sites which are no help

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »