Home

Right Stick On Defensive Fornation Screen?

This is a discussion on Right Stick On Defensive Fornation Screen? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2019, 10:13 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Right Stick On Defensive Fornation Screen?

On ps3. When you get ready to pick a defensive play, you can use the right stick to scroll through different defensive formations. I never really used this, but feel like I need to with tougher sliders. Tell me what you know about these. Are these the defensive substitutions? Be glad to have any tips. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2019, 10:24 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Right Stick On Defensive Fornation Screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegefbfan
On ps3. When you get ready to pick a defensive play, you can use the right stick to scroll through different defensive formations. I never really used this, but feel like I need to with tougher sliders. Tell me what you know about these. Are these the defensive substitutions? Be glad to have any tips. Thanks.
They allow you to change the personnel within the formation. So instead of an OLB you could put a DE instead.
Old 12-15-2019, 10:51 AM   #3
Pro

Ok. Thought so. Well, I have said it a million times, I am not a good Xs and Os kinda guy. What are some key downs to make these changes and what are best ones to set up? Thanks
Old 12-15-2019, 01:33 PM   #4
Rookie

falcor1234's Arena

Quote:
Ok. Thought so. Well, I have said it a million times, I am not a good Xs and Os kinda guy. What are some key downs to make these changes and what are best ones to set up? Thanks

One i do is on passing downs like 3rd and long in nickle and dime packages i use the 4 de package to get better pass rushers on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-15-2019, 03:10 PM   #5
Pro

I was running 425, then I switched to 335. I think I have some better luck up front with 425. My main problem is when I recruit, I end up with like 5 QBs and 4 RBs and 8 WRs. I would barely have enough guys on defense to even have a base, nowhere near enough for substitutions. I mean I really get passed on like crazy. Wonder if this has to do with having run stopping LBs in instead of coverage or things like that. Any other tips be helpful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2019, 07:54 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
I was running 425, then I switched to 335. I think I have some better luck up front with 425. My main problem is when I recruit, I end up with like 5 QBs and 4 RBs and 8 WRs. I would barely have enough guys on defense to even have a base, nowhere near enough for substitutions. I mean I really get passed on like crazy. Wonder if this has to do with having run stopping LBs in instead of coverage or things like that. Any other tips be helpful.

If you end up with 5 QBs, 4 RBs, and 8 WRs, stop recruiting them for a year or two. Part of the journey is figuring out how to set up your roster. As for pass defense, that's just how the game is lol. It's very hard to stop the pass on higher difficulties.
Old 12-15-2019, 09:51 PM   #7
Pro

Well, honestly, the crazy thing is I can bulldoze the opponent on first and second and then they connect on 3rd and 8 to longer. Like every time.
Old 12-16-2019, 03:30 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Well, honestly, the crazy thing is I can bulldoze the opponent on first and second and then they connect on 3rd and 8 to longer. Like every time.

What do you run on third and long?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »