Home

Dynamic Player Progression System - No Editor Needed

This is a discussion on Dynamic Player Progression System - No Editor Needed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2020, 01:01 PM   #17
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Dynamic Player Progression System - No Editor Needed

Okay, two things:

1. This is absolutely fascinating and I love nerding out on stuff like this but....
2. I am just painfully bad at math and, while I can follow the logic and the process with most of this, I start getting pretty lost when it comes to what the actual numbers should be changed to.

Does anyone know how to dumb math down for an idiot like me and can explain this in a more straightforward way?

I have 2 games left in my season and wanted to implement this system in my upcoming offseason.

OR BETTER YET....has anyone found another system similar to this that isn't 50% just me stroking my own intellectual ego? Thanks.
Old 05-10-2020, 05:20 PM   #18
Rookie

shiftythomas's Arena

So I just stumbled upon this and gave it a try in my Colorado Buffaloes dynasty. My starting QB, a true sophomore, gained a huge boost and made it to 90 overall. I also had a few DBs get large boosts as well. Unfortunately, my two best receivers, and receiving corps as a whole lost a ton of points. My offensive line also did not fare very well, which was disappointing. I had two transfers, one of which was my 84 overall kicker (I decided that I wasn't going to let him leave, lol).

Overall, I am very excited to continue to use this method in the future. If I had the time, I would do this for all teams to prevent every team from becoming stacked. It seems to add depth and excitement to dynasty mode, something that is very much needed!

Edit: ALSO, I can't tell you how many times I rolled a 5, only for my guys to only get a number between 1-9. The stamina and injury boots were nice, but I was so mad that they weren't able to get any other boosts! I feel like that didn't happen to the guys that rolled a 1 or 2; it felt like they usually lost quite a few points haha.

Last edited by shiftythomas; 05-10-2020 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Left out information from my original post.
Old 05-12-2020, 11:25 PM   #19
MVP

joshrmlb's Arena

OVR: 9

What about for all the other CPU teams though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-12-2020, 11:38 PM   #20
Pro

KushNstien's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshrmlb
What about for all the other CPU teams though?

You can do it for them as well. Will just be a little longer process.
Im thinking about doing it for the CPU but only So. and Jr. Players.. just to make things quicker
Old 05-13-2020, 01:45 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyHiYeahItsMe
Okay, two things:

1. This is absolutely fascinating and I love nerding out on stuff like this but....
2. I am just painfully bad at math and, while I can follow the logic and the process with most of this, I start getting pretty lost when it comes to what the actual numbers should be changed to.

Does anyone know how to dumb math down for an idiot like me and can explain this in a more straightforward way?

I have 2 games left in my season and wanted to implement this system in my upcoming offseason.

OR BETTER YET....has anyone found another system similar to this that isn't 50% just me stroking my own intellectual ego? Thanks.
There really isn’t much math for the user (I’ve already done that part, which was painstaking lol).

To simplify:
1. Roll a dice to determine whether the player regresses, progresses, or stays the same.

2. If the player progresses or regresses according to the dice roll, use a random number generator to generate a number between 1-49.

3. If you get a number between 1-9, your players major attribute don’t actually increase or decrease. Simply take this number and add or subtract it from the players stamina and injury ratings.
4. If you get a number between 10-19, find the players position in the chart in the attached document and add the number in the second column to each listed attribute (these vary by position). Usually these are small changes (+-1 or 2). Then take the second digit of whatever you rolled and add or subtract it to the stamina and injury ratings.
5. If you get a number between 20-29, the process is identical but you would add the number in the third column to each listed attribute instead of the second column.
6. If you get a number between 30-39, same process except use the fourth column.
7. If you get a number between 40-49, same process except you use the fifth column. This is where the improvements are much larger (4-8 per attribute, and 4-8 total points to the players overall rating.

I know the document is massive and there is a lot of stuff there, but honestly once you do it a few time, you start to memorize it and it goes really fast. I can do my whole team in under 15 minutes depending on what I rolled.

Also, in the second to last row of each position table is a bunch of math, but that is simply what I used to determine the effect size of each attribute increase is deceased

Thanks for trying these out by the way!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2020, 09:54 AM   #22
MVP

joshrmlb's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawkeye
There really isn’t much math for the user (I’ve already done that part, which was painstaking lol).

To simplify:
1. Roll a dice to determine whether the player regresses, progresses, or stays the same.

2. If the player progresses or regresses according to the dice roll, use a random number generator to generate a number between 1-49.

3. If you get a number between 1-9, your players major attribute don’t actually increase or decrease. Simply take this number and add or subtract it from the players stamina and injury ratings.
4. If you get a number between 10-19, find the players position in the chart in the attached document and add the number in the second column to each listed attribute (these vary by position). Usually these are small changes (+-1 or 2). Then take the second digit of whatever you rolled and add or subtract it to the stamina and injury ratings.
5. If you get a number between 20-29, the process is identical but you would add the number in the third column to each listed attribute instead of the second column.
6. If you get a number between 30-39, same process except use the fourth column.
7. If you get a number between 40-49, same process except you use the fifth column. This is where the improvements are much larger (4-8 per attribute, and 4-8 total points to the players overall rating.

I know the document is massive and there is a lot of stuff there, but honestly once you do it a few time, you start to memorize it and it goes really fast. I can do my whole team in under 15 minutes depending on what I rolled.

Also, in the second to last row of each position table is a bunch of math, but that is simply what I used to determine the effect size of each attribute increase is deceased

Thanks for trying these out by the way!

Can you reattach the PDF? It’s not working for me.

Old 05-17-2020, 09:28 PM   #23
Rookie

shiftythomas's Arena

Just went through my third offseason using this method...overall it was painful! I had four players transfer, one of which was a 92 overall corner! Luckily, I had a CB transfer in last off season, and he had a huge boost to basically end up as a 93 overall. Would have been nice to have both of those guys to hold down my secondary...luckily both of my starting safeties ended up with 40 rolls and are both in the 90s. My 99 overall quarterback wasn't affected, which was nice. Oh and my MLBs were all getting pounded with negative rolls until I got to my true freshmen. He rolled like a 48, so he will be started as an 82 overall.

I like how you never know what to expect with this method, even though it can be frustrating when your good players get hit hard with bad rolls!
Old 05-18-2020, 01:34 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftythomas
Just went through my third offseason using this method...overall it was painful! I had four players transfer, one of which was a 92 overall corner! Luckily, I had a CB transfer in last off season, and he had a huge boost to basically end up as a 93 overall. Would have been nice to have both of those guys to hold down my secondary...luckily both of my starting safeties ended up with 40 rolls and are both in the 90s. My 99 overall quarterback wasn't affected, which was nice. Oh and my MLBs were all getting pounded with negative rolls until I got to my true freshmen. He rolled like a 48, so he will be started as an 82 overall.

I like how you never know what to expect with this method, even though it can be frustrating when your good players get hit hard with bad rolls!
Just like real life, which is what I was going for! Thanks for trying it out!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »