Home
View Poll Results: When do you think we will get a new NCAA Football video game?
2020 0 0%
2021 12 22.22%
2022 12 22.22%
2023 or later 20 37.04%
Never 10 18.52%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2020, 01:26 PM   #9
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Missouri
Re: New NCAA game poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitsch911
This is one of my fears as well. Madden as slowly turned into a game I do not play much. I think those same features have become lackluster. I great story line or RTG is 100% needed in NCAA. A coach RTG would be awesome as well. Personally I do not care if the real players are in the game, I play mostly franchise so after 2-3 years all the real payers are gone. What I want is a deep recruitment, more realistic scheduling, sanctions, CPU conference re alignments and invites, maybe even some sort of school/facilities upgrade features that will change menus, FCS schools and such. With the NCAA, there is so much that can be done.
Most of your list was in NCAA 14. I would add to your list a return of teambuilder.
__________________
tessl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 03:45 PM   #10
Rookie
 
pitsch911's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2019
Re: New NCAA game poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Most of your list was in NCAA 14. I would add to your list a return of teambuilder.
Yes, 14 was a great game, if they updated 14 to ps4 graphics I would be happy. I would also want to know if the team builder is safe from a legal stand point. I would assume since you could build teams and rosters for so long that the EA lawyers gave it the OK. If It was good, then yes team builder would be cool. Another aspect would be maybe the ability to create a conference and add schools without the need to remove schools, maybe be able to add up to 12-14 user created schools to either their own conference or do a conference alignment similar to what they had in 14.
pitsch911 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 09:13 AM   #11
MVP
 
Junior Moe's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2009
Re: New NCAA game poll

The NCAA is looking at ways to modernize. Hopefully a framework for something comes forward. MLB The Show 20 will feature the likenesses of minor league players because their minor league contracts includes the language that allows the team to use their likenesses for media and games and such. I could see something like that becoming standard for all NCAA athletes. I do expect to see another NCAA football game for the next gen around 2023 like someone else said.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Junior Moe is online now  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2020, 07:15 PM   #12
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Missouri
Re: New NCAA game poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitsch911
Yes, 14 was a great game, if they updated 14 to ps4 graphics I would be happy. I would also want to know if the team builder is safe from a legal stand point. I would assume since you could build teams and rosters for so long that the EA lawyers gave it the OK. If It was good, then yes team builder would be cool. Another aspect would be maybe the ability to create a conference and add schools without the need to remove schools, maybe be able to add up to 12-14 user created schools to either their own conference or do a conference alignment similar to what they had in 14.
Teambuilder is safe legally. The site continued after the lawsuit.
__________________
tessl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 08:50 PM   #13
All Star
 
illwill10's Arena
 
OVR: 31
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: New NCAA game poll

I know that NCAA wants to have the law in effect by January 2021. So essentially, EA and NCAA can negotiate then. Problem is that NCAA hasn't shown any progress or willingness with the NIL law. When they met with Congress, Congress felt like NCAA wanted them to handle it for them. Then it comes having an entity negotiate for the players. They have been reports that NFLPA would partner with college player association. So they could be that entity.

NCAA and Madden always shared engines and gameplay features. Either NCAA tested features before Madden or NCAA had to wait to next year to get those features. NCAA main priority gameplay wise was making college offense/defense work. I wouldn't want Madden's gameplay. But NCAA would share most of Madden's assets. The big hope is that with new generation hardware and stronger CPU, that Madden overhaul gameplay engine. Physics in general should be better for all games where less Rag doll physics will be used.

I liked NCAA 14, but didn't like how streamlined that game was. Recruiting was heavily simplified, RTG lost the depth it had in previous year. I would like them to take it back to the NCAA 13 style. Want Teambuilder back. Ability to edit recruits. Fixed progression and added regression. While I liked the game breaks, I didn't like the presentation. There was no post game presentation since it would always abruptly stop. It would be great to be able to choose coordinators.

If NCAA does have NIL law settled by January and willing to negotiate, I could see a game by 2022. I don't think they need a couple years since they would share Madden assets. They would need to work on college schemes, and develop features.
illwill10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 11:06 AM   #14
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Missouri
Re: New NCAA game poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I know that NCAA wants to have the law in effect by January 2021. So essentially, EA and NCAA can negotiate then. Problem is that NCAA hasn't shown any progress or willingness with the NIL law. When they met with Congress, Congress felt like NCAA wanted them to handle it for them. Then it comes having an entity negotiate for the players. They have been reports that NFLPA would partner with college player association. So they could be that entity.

NCAA and Madden always shared engines and gameplay features. Either NCAA tested features before Madden or NCAA had to wait to next year to get those features. NCAA main priority gameplay wise was making college offense/defense work. I wouldn't want Madden's gameplay. But NCAA would share most of Madden's assets. The big hope is that with new generation hardware and stronger CPU, that Madden overhaul gameplay engine. Physics in general should be better for all games where less Rag doll physics will be used.

I liked NCAA 14, but didn't like how streamlined that game was. Recruiting was heavily simplified, RTG lost the depth it had in previous year. I would like them to take it back to the NCAA 13 style. Want Teambuilder back. Ability to edit recruits. Fixed progression and added regression. While I liked the game breaks, I didn't like the presentation. There was no post game presentation since it would always abruptly stop. It would be great to be able to choose coordinators.

If NCAA does have NIL law settled by January and willing to negotiate, I could see a game by 2022. I don't think they need a couple years since they would share Madden assets. They would need to work on college schemes, and develop features.
My impression of what happened in late October was the NCAA wants to make legal compensating athletes for likeness but also wants to keep it from being paid for performance and keep it out of recruiting.


They should be able to get that done by the end on this year but then it is the NCAA.
__________________
tessl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 11:21 AM   #15
All Star
 
illwill10's Arena
 
OVR: 31
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: New NCAA game poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
My impression of what happened in late October was the NCAA wants to make legal compensating athletes for likeness but also wants to keep it from being paid for performance and keep it out of recruiting.


They should be able to get that done by the end on this year but then it is the NCAA.
http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...-opportunities

That's the issue, that it is the NCAA. NCAA didn't have any paperwork in hand when they went to Congress. I do believe that there is a meeting in April.
"The working group will continue to gather feedback through April on how best to respond to the state and federal legislative environment and to refine its recommendations on the principles and regulatory framework. The board asked each division to create any new rules beginning immediately, but no later than January 2021."

I get that they don't want it to be pay for play. But most athletes already choose schools on perks and benefits. What's to say I'm an athlete and I want to be endorsed by Jordan, than I would choose a school like Michigan or North Carolina just because. You can't stop that. They just have to set clear guidelines. Like an endorser or a school can't promise an endorsement for them to play there.
illwill10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:00 PM.

Top -