Home

What are your best dynasty stories?

This is a discussion on What are your best dynasty stories? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2014, 10:51 AM   #1
Rookie

letsgocavs99's Arena

OVR: 5
What are your best dynasty stories?

I want to hear about everyone's best dynasty stories. Both good and bad. Were you one game away from the National Championship and lost to your rival? Did you lose your prized recruit by 10 points in the offseason? I just want to hear your best stories in any NCAA football dynasty.

For example in NCAA 14, I had a dynasty going, I was a small school and had gotten an amazing 4* DE that had amazing attributes. He was a 79 overall, and my top 2 DE's were 79& 82 overall seniors. So I redshirted him thinking he'd be so good next year as a freshman. I ended up winning 5 games that year (year 2) and had most of my defense coming back so I was excited to get the next season going... when he decides to transfer to TCU because of playing time.. I couldn't lure him back an I lost my best recruit because I redshirted him.

So I want to hear your best stories

Check out my NCAA 14 UTEP Miners Dynasty! http://www.operationsports.com/forum...p-dynasty.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2014, 11:23 AM   #2
Pro

silver281gt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: What are your best dynasty stories?

So far year 1 of my SJSU I lost game 1 to FCS Fusion to bounce back and knock off #5 Stanford. I still don't know how I did it.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:54 PM   #3
Rookie

dso122783's Arena

OVR: 0

I am doing an "up the ladder" dynasty. Year 1 and 2 I was an OC at UAB, 3,4 and 5 an OC at Cal, year 6 HC at Wyoming and now in year 7 I am in my first year as a HC at Texas A&M. Struggled the most at Cal only making a bowl game my 3rd year.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:16 PM   #4
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

I was so mad when it happened... but I was #1 in the nation with Virginia, and was playing my last game of the year against arch rival VT who was ranked 13. we came back and scored 21 pts in the 4th quarter but still lost by a field goal 38-35. Completely ruined my season and robbed me of my first national title appearance as a HC. I was not happy, but a good story anyway
Old 01-07-2014, 12:28 AM   #5
Rookie

Trojan32's Arena

Coach moder. After 5 years at USC and two titles, wanted to try the SEC. Took Auburn to the BCS game against Oklahoma. Spooners score with about 1:50 left to go ahead 34-27.

With no timeouts we drive to the OU 1 and 14 seconds on the clock. Go ace and run spacing route. QB checks down to RB who gets tackled on 1 and we can't get another play off. My Dyson-Jones moment....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2014, 12:41 AM   #6
MVP

SpartyParty11's Arena

OVR: 7

I think I'm gonna go with a feel good story. Year 1 of my SJSU dynasty, I redshirt my starting runningback because he transferred from Washington (in real life) so my backup was now my starter. He goes down with a season ending injury in the first game. My 3rd stringer ends up having close to 1000 rushing yards and over 10 touchdowns. Not many 3rd stringers can say that

Michigan State Spartans
Oregon Ducks
Miami Hurricanes
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Central Michigan Chippewas (College I'm Attending)

Last edited by SpartyParty11; 01-07-2014 at 12:44 AM.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:11 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Playing as Colorado, I faced Oregon twice in two years and lost both games, decisively. Mariota and the zone option killed my gassed defense. And when I'd figure out a way to stop them, they'd kill me with screens to De'Anthony Thomas or bombs to Josh Huff.

Well, in year 2, with some luck due to UCLA and USC both collapsing mid-season, Colorado was able to win the Pac 12 South behind the arm of redshirt freshman Sefo Liufau and was heading to the PAC 12 Championship game where would face, guess who, Mariota and the Oregon Ducks.

Except, as luck would have it, Mariota was unable to start the game due to an injury that while would only keep him out a week or two made it impossible for him to play in the Pac 12 title game.

Needless to say, the offense was considerably predictable and while Jake Rodrigues attempted his best Mariota impression, they failed to dominate as they have in the past.

Won the game on a last second field goal, 35-34, because Oregon for whatever reason attempted a two point conversion in the third quarter and failed.

Colorado was then considered the best 12-1 program at that point in the nation and would go on to beat #1 undefeated Alabama for the 2014 National Championship in a game where their QB, Blake Sims threw four interceptions, two of which came on Alabama's first two drives, allowing Colorado to take an early 17-0 lead from which Alabama would just not recover. For whoever is wondering, Sefo Liufau also won the Heisman becoming the third redshirt freshman to win the award in as many years (in my game, Jameis Winston won it in 2013).

To put it into perspective how crazy the win was against Alabama, just know Alabama won the whole thing in 2013 in my game. That means up until the 2014 game, Alabama won 4 titles in 5 years, and were heading for their 4th in a row if only Blake Sims would have remembered his team wore crimson jerseys, not white on gold.

I found it hard to begin the 2015 season due to feeling way too accomplished, too soon. The problem is with Yukon46s rosters, it's nearly impossible to lose with Sefo Liufau behind center. He's a pocket passer but has damn good speed and scored on quite a few 25+ yard touchdown scampers throughout the course of the season.

Last edited by R.Moncrief; 01-07-2014 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:36 PM   #8
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

My best good story is when I ran back a kick against Georgia as time expired to send Mizzou to the national championship. Both QBs had 3 touchdowns and 3 picks but Georgia scored with four seconds left, but for some reason they didn't squib it even though our return man was leading the NCAA in touchdowns.

My best bad story would probably be going undefeated with Navy but only making the Sugar Bowl because of three other undefeated teams that yer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »