Home

Modding has finally arrived in NCAA 14 - a preview

This is a discussion on Modding has finally arrived in NCAA 14 - a preview within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2020, 11:42 PM   #57
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Modding has finally arrived in NCAA 14 - a preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by connorwalks
Here is the invite link: https://discord.gg/PAP4uch

As for uniform packs, I have already been able to modify the PS3 uniform packs by dumping them with the method in the RPCS3 wiki page and then decrypting the EDAT files with TrueAncestor EDAT Rebuilder.
I've dumped my PS3 copy of NCAA into RPCS3, but where did you find the uniform packs data?

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 05-14-2020, 01:56 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by superxero27
I've dumped my PS3 copy of NCAA into RPCS3, but where did you find the uniform packs data?

Uniform pack data are in separate packages that you get access to when you purchase them as DLC. Even if you got your hands on the plain packages though, they'd be useless unless you have the proper license files to decrypt the EDATs
Old 05-14-2020, 11:34 AM   #59
Pro

superxero27's Arena

Quote:
Uniform pack data are in separate packages that you get access to when you purchase them as DLC. Even if you got your hands on the plain packages though, they'd be useless unless you have the proper license files to decrypt the EDATs
Right. I bought them all for my PS3.

I guess I wasn't clear, my question was where are those files stored on PS3 so I can bring them over to RPCS3?

My teams:
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 05-14-2020, 01:05 PM   #60
Rookie

Quote:
Right. I bought them all for my PS3.

I guess I wasn't clear, my question was where are those files stored on PS3 so I can bring them over to RPCS3?

Yes you can absolutely use them with RPCS3. Follow the instructions here: https://wiki.rpcs3.net/index.php?tit...ping_PSN_games

I would recommend obtaining game data using the CSV method instead of the JSON, but both should be relatively easy
Old 05-14-2020, 02:23 PM   #61
Pro

superxero27's Arena

Quote:
Yes you can absolutely use them with RPCS3. Follow the instructions here: https://wiki.rpcs3.net/index.php?tit...ping_PSN_games

I would recommend obtaining game data using the CSV method instead of the JSON, but both should be relatively easy
So RPCS3 recognizes an Excel spreadsheet of the list of content that I downloaded? What am I missing here?

My teams:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2020, 09:33 PM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
So RPCS3 recognizes an Excel spreadsheet of the list of content that I downloaded? What am I missing here?

No, the excel spreadsheet contains links to Sony's servers. Just copy those links and paste them in your browser and they will download the PKG file that contains the DLC (it will be a long string of random letters and numbers, but if you open it with a PKG viewer it will have a recognizable name)

Then you need to follow the guide I linked to get your console's IDPS, RIF files and ACT.DAT. Run them through the rifconv program and then take all the PKG files and drop them in the RPCS3 window. They will auto install. Then take all the RAP files (they are generated when you run rifconv) and drag and drop them in the RPCS3 window. Then you have your DLC properly installed. Sounds complicated but takes ~10 min
Old 05-15-2020, 11:48 AM   #63
Pro

superxero27's Arena

Quote:
No, the excel spreadsheet contains links to Sony's servers. Just copy those links and paste them in your browser and they will download the PKG file that contains the DLC (it will be a long string of random letters and numbers, but if you open it with a PKG viewer it will have a recognizable name)

Then you need to follow the guide I linked to get your console's IDPS, RIF files and ACT.DAT. Run them through the rifconv program and then take all the PKG files and drop them in the RPCS3 window. They will auto install. Then take all the RAP files (they are generated when you run rifconv) and drag and drop them in the RPCS3 window. Then you have your DLC properly installed. Sounds complicated but takes ~10 min
Have you actually gotten the packs to show up in game though? Because I've done all this, RPCS3 has successfully installed the pkg files, but when I go to drag and drop the RAP files, nothing happens and when I start the game they aren't showing up.

My teams:

Old 05-15-2020, 01:43 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Have you actually gotten the packs to show up in game though? Because I've done all this, RPCS3 has successfully installed the pkg files, but when I go to drag and drop the RAP files, nothing happens and when I start the game they aren't showing up.

Yes, they all show up normally. Make sure you also install the 1.02 update for the game. I believe that is also required for the DLC to work

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »