Home

How is NCAA 12?

This is a discussion on How is NCAA 12? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2020, 03:53 PM   #17
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: How is NCAA 12?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I had the same experience playing without the patch. If would freeze a whole lot. But the freezing topped after I loaded the patch.
I thought the patch caused the No Huddle to not work anymore? Or am I thinking of a different year?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 06-22-2020, 04:17 PM   #18
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I thought the patch caused the No Huddle to not work anymore? Or am I thinking of a different year?

You could be right...it's pick your poison I guess. I set all of my teams to conservative so I'm really not sure.
Old 06-22-2020, 05:17 PM   #19
Rookie

Limasbravo's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Hmmmm...go to your Settings...then Storage...and look at your files under NCAA 12 and see if there is a Title Update that's been downloaded. If not, it should prompt you whenever you're online. If it's already been downloaded and you're still experience freezing then that's def a game killer. I wanted to see what the game played like without the patch and every other game it would freeze when the camera panned out. So, I re-downloaded the patch and haven't had any issues since.
I'll have to take a look. It's a big shame of I can't get the freezes to stop. Between the presentation and more detailed recruiting, I like it more than NCAA 14. Too bad you can't download Teambuilder anymore for it though.
Old 06-23-2020, 10:39 AM   #20
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

I can confirm no freezes or no-huddle glitch after the patch. I downloaded the patch on a “blank” PS3, so I’ve gotta believe if you delete all NCAA 12 data on your system, the patch will work for you.
Old 01-20-2023, 11:21 AM   #21
Rookie

Limasbravo's Arena

Resurrecting this thread.

Just bought a NCAA 12 disk and it appears my other disk is the problem, because now I'm not seeing any of the lost commentary and freezing. Which is great, because NCAA12/Madden12 I think is my favorite combo year for the PS3 era.

I've looked through the site a lot and did various searches through the web, but not finding what I'm looking for.

How does the commitment work? Obviously, you need to offer a scholarship and then after they get so far, they commit.

But sometimes you can an insta-commit. Doesn't appear to be only the week you offer a scholarship. It can even happen if you do quick call. Guessing you need to be #1 on their list.

Is it just random and you can at max a number of them per week, similar to the Advisor (points X 2) works? Not seeing that the coach would be influential on this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2023, 10:29 PM   #22
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

If I recall correctly, the recruiting advisor would tell you "Recruit X is ready to commit if you give him a call this week." If you gave the recruit a call, he would instantly commit.
If you skipped calling the recruit that week and made a call the next week, the recruit would no longer instantly commit.

Also as a side note, I would often get more commitments than scholarships I offered. Say, if I offered 20 scholarships, I'd often get something like 22-23 recruits committing on Signing Day. The extra commits would always be recruits who listed you as the top school, you didn't offer a scholarship, but you had called or scouted at some point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »