Home

NCAA 14 > Madden 20?

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 > Madden 20? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2020, 01:06 PM   #9
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA 14 > Madden 20?

i thiunk you meant ! not ?
Old 05-28-2020, 01:23 PM   #10
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
What's wrong with very slow progression? I've always had it on slow/very slow

Sent from my SM-A102W using Operation Sports mobile app
Check out the OP of my slider thread....I go into specifics there; I don't want to de-rail things here
Old 05-28-2020, 11:54 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
What's wrong with very slow progression? I've always had it on slow/very slow

Slow is the most realistic game play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2020, 02:36 PM   #12
MVP

I haven't played Madden in so long I can't remember what version it was. NCAA 14 is my only football game until and unless a new and better version comes along.
Old 06-02-2020, 01:51 PM   #13
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2

Madden is, visually at least, gorgeous. The fields, stadiums and backgrounds look pretty darn lifelike and the default player models look like humans, even if they are too big for the size of the field.

NCAA looks every bit of its age on console. However, I was blown away by how much better it looks using RPCS3. Turf fields no longer look that kind of neonish green and they have visual texture. It looks a lot like a new Madden but with slightly blockier player models.

Gameplay is really no contest, NCAA is still king.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 06-02-2020, 03:08 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by superxero27
Madden is, visually at least, gorgeous. The fields, stadiums and backgrounds look pretty darn lifelike and the default player models look like humans, even if they are too big for the size of the field.

NCAA looks every bit of its age on console. However, I was blown away by how much better it looks using RPCS3. Turf fields no longer look that kind of neonish green and they have visual texture. It looks a lot like a new Madden but with slightly blockier player models.

Agreed. Just wish that RPCS3 didn't peg my CPU temps to a constant 80c.

I know its still in beta, and 80c is acceptable for my cpu, just want the temps a bit lower if I'm playing for more than 20 minutes. That's in 4k at 60fps. No stuttering, or problems though, so hate to complain.

Ryzen 7 3700x
RTX 2070 Super
16gb Gskillz DDR4 3200
Old 06-02-2020, 07:53 PM   #15
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by superxero27

Madden has added stuff like pass trajectories, DB animations and catch types that NCAA doesn't have, and yet the 7 year old game somehow plays better (when you set it up right at least)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2020, 08:46 AM   #16
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HartmanTeets6
OK, I recently dusted off the 'ol 360 and popped in NCAA 14. Started a dynasty with the 2019 rosters and Notre Dame. Man, I forgot how great this game played. 1.5 seasons in and I am already having more fun than I had with the last few Madden games (I buy them all). Not just college schemes, but recruiting, redshirting, etc. What a blast. Makes me wonder if people out there enjoy this game more than the new current-gen Madden games.
I did the same thing about 3 weeks ago and although I got my money out of Madden 20, NCAA 14 just has that special football feeling when I play. Going back and playing it really makes me appreciate what a special game NCAA 14 was and still is.

The atmosphere, the tackles, players trying to keep a foot in bounds, etc.. I'm even 4-4 on challenges which is kind of cool, especially when my last one saved my win on what was ruled a TD by the CPU.

I played many seasons with NCAA 14 and I'm back playing many more once again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »