Home

Roster Editing Using Excel?

This is a discussion on Roster Editing Using Excel? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2020, 09:06 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Roster Editing Using Excel?

I’m sure this subject has been brought up or discussed deep in a thread somewhere, but I’m trying to mass edit a roster and going through each individual stat in the editor is a pain. Does anybody know and can explain how to use excel to edit rosters? Or if anybody has a link to a post that’d also be helpful.

Thank y’all
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2020, 03:12 AM   #2
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

Re: Roster Editing Using Excel?

If you are new to Excel on Windows, you can first learn about tables, sorting, and filtering. You can't easily mass edit, like in the editor, without developing more advanced skills. You'll need to probably learn about formulas, "if" statements, and copy-and-paste-value functions to mass edit.

When I first started with Excel, I was watching stuff from Mr. Excel and Leila Gharani on YouTube.

Not to shamelessly plug my own stuff and learning curve... ...but if you download the "Fan Base" Excel file in my sig, you can see big differences. The first worksheet, "Fan Base Database," is essentially text in boxes. If you were to sort and filter the columns, it would just mess up the whole page. Once I started learning more advanced skills, I was able to create the "Excel Dashboard" worksheet, which is a more visually appealing way of displaying the same data.

For the purpose of mass editing, you won't need to do something that complicated, but it is showing you what is possible with Excel.
Old 04-27-2020, 07:16 AM   #3
Pro

I’m asking how to get stuff from the editor to excel and then back again. If I can get it from the editor to excel and back I believe I can figure out the rest.
Old 04-27-2020, 07:43 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by xToXiCxSAVAGEx
I’m asking how to get stuff from the editor to excel and then back again. If I can get it from the editor to excel and back I believe I can figure out the rest.
At the top you need to export the file. Saves as a csv file in excel. Do edits. Save. Then import back in. Crazy faster.
Old 04-27-2020, 11:06 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker06
At the top you need to export the file. Saves as a csv file in excel. Do edits. Save. Then import back in. Crazy faster.

Blessings my friend
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2020, 11:11 PM   #6
Pro

Alright bois, running in to a snag here lol.

To give you an idea of what I’m trying to do, I’m trying to edit players by position and I’m not entirely sure how to do that in excel. For example, column DK is the position and column AN is the player speed.

If DK=1 means that player is a running back, and I want all running backs in the roster with speed>85 to have a speed of 85, I’m not sure how to create that formula.

Basically what I tried was =if(and(Dk3:dk10000=1,AN3:AN10000>85),85,???

If the two conditions are met (player is both a running back and has speed above 85) then replace that speed value with 85. The issue is I can’t do this for individual cells, and I have to have a “value if false” which means I’ll have to change everything else.

Does that make sense?

Last edited by xToXiCxSAVAGEx; 04-27-2020 at 11:13 PM.
Old 04-28-2020, 01:34 AM   #7
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xToXiCxSAVAGEx
Alright bois, running in to a snag here lol.

To give you an idea of what I’m trying to do, I’m trying to edit players by position and I’m not entirely sure how to do that in excel. For example, column DK is the position and column AN is the player speed.

If DK=1 means that player is a running back, and I want all running backs in the roster with speed>85 to have a speed of 85, I’m not sure how to create that formula.

Basically what I tried was =if(and(Dk3:dk10000=1,AN3:AN10000>85),85,???

If the two conditions are met (player is both a running back and has speed above 85) then replace that speed value with 85. The issue is I can’t do this for individual cells, and I have to have a “value if false” which means I’ll have to change everything else.

Does that make sense?
Go to the first column outside of the table- in your case, it might be EQ.

In cell EQ3, you can use one of these formulas:

=IF(AND($DK3=1,$AN3>85),85,$AN3)
or
=IF($DK3=1,MIN(85,$AN3),$AN3)

After pressing enter, you should be able to double-click on the bottom right corner of cell EQ3. Using Excel 2013, it should automatically copy the formula down to the bottom of the table. I'm not sure if that shortcut works on earlier versions and if doesn't, you can click on the bottom right corner of EQ3 and drag it straight down to the bottom of the table.

Once your formula is entered in all the cells, go back and click on cell EQ3. Press Ctrl+Shift+Arrow Down. It should highlight all the values in that column. Copy it. Then go back and click on cell AN3. Select "Paste Values". Your updated values should be pasted over top the original values.

Lastly, delete column EQ.
Old 05-25-2020, 07:56 PM   #8
Pro

In order to get my file back to the editor, do I need to save it as an mc02 file or something? I’ve made the edits I’d like to make and now I need to get it on the editor so I can save it and get it on my Xbox

I’m having trouble with my edits showing up

Last edited by xToXiCxSAVAGEx; 05-25-2020 at 08:18 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »