Home

This is why we don't want college to be gameplay Madden clone

This is a discussion on This is why we don't want college to be gameplay Madden clone within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2023, 10:19 AM   #1
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2
This is why we don't want college to be gameplay Madden clone

I was reading the info about college not wanting to be similar to Madden so they gonna work on dynasty

What scares me we never said college Dynasty was similar to Madden franchise we were talking about gameplay wise

So I hope College not getting mix messaging

What I mean not being Madden is the examples below

- Slider Hell: those same slider problems from old gen transferred to the Current Gen

-AI running game is still easy to stop regardless of up sliders,I forgot which year it was the CPU have a very Good running game untill one of those patches killed it and running became non existent regardless of sliders

-late game Clock management this is self explanatory

-Deep balls floats in the air to slow to the point the defender catches up its super unrealistic

-in the Trenches problems is also self exploratory

- difficulty Levels needs to be reworked and challenging from both sides of the ball

- the grandaddy of them all the infested bugs is so bad you can make highlights videos and showcases because there so many bugs u need a exterminator

So many gameplay errors I didn't mention

I know College got the same engine as Madden doesn't mean they should adopt their careless ways

Be different and be better!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2023, 04:05 PM   #2
Dead Solid Perfect

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: This is why we don't want college to be gameplay Madden clone

I feel like the way the college game is played that even with the same engine, the Madden experience will be drastically different from the CFB expereince.

Syracuse #44
Old 05-30-2023, 04:34 PM   #3
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
I feel like the way the college game is played that even with the same engine, the Madden experience will be drastically different from the CFB expereince.

What are your thoughts on the RPO game in Madden. We know that's a huge part of the college game. I know on NCAA 14 they were just beginning to work on that part of the game. The foundational piece was introducing the DE as the conflict person and you really only had to read him. It didn't go any further than that unfortunately. I personally have had some fun running RPO in Madden. I love the variety of plays you can run it off of, the screens etc. If they take that piece from Madden, I'd be okay with it.
Old 05-30-2023, 05:37 PM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

With respect to a college football video game adapted from Madden, it’s gotta start with refreshing the playbooks.

Speaking strictly to what’s available in Madden 23, I think that there are a number offensive concepts that Tiburon will have to expand or otherwise offer some TLC. The shotgun zone read plays and RPOs which already exist all will carry over just fine, but there are a number of under-center jet motion plays in Madden 23 which flat-out do not work, as the backfield animations take too long to play out and the defense routinely blows up the play. Granted, not much college football is played from under center anymore, but it’s worth fixing nevertheless for the teams that do (especially triple option teams). Inverted Veer plays popularized by college coaches such as Gus Malzhan and Justin Fuente also probably need a look, as they currently exist in Madden 23 they are tricky to get working.

There are also some offensive concepts used in college which don’t really have a commonly-used analog in the pro game and thus don’t appear in Madden. For example: the slow-mesh action used by Wake Forest on zone read plays; more complex option plays such as screens with a trailing pitch man behind the slot receiver; and run concepts such as Dart, Wrap, and Midline Option.

Defense will also need some work. Notably, I don’t think it’s even possible to run a three-down Tite front with effectiveness in Madden 23 because every run defense is a single-gapping defense. The Tite front is literally everywhere all over college football right now, most notably it’s what the back-to-back College Football Playoff winning Georgia Bulldogs have based out of under head coach Kirby Smart. Additionally, similar to Madden, the match coverage library also needs an overhaul; outside of Bill Belichick, all the best-known teachers of match coverage are college coaches (Nick Saban, Kirby Smart, Brent Venables, Gary Patterson). You can’t even begin to run their defenses authentically in Madden 23 due to missing formations, plays, coverage rules, and logic.

Finally, game balance might be an issue specifically on RPOs and screens, because of rules differences between the NFL and college. In college, ineligible receivers such as offensive linemen are allowed to advance three yards downfield beyond the line of scrimmage and avoid a penalty for ineligible receiver; in the NFL that’s reduced to one yard.
Old 05-30-2023, 06:08 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Unfortunately, many of the legacy issues in Madden were always present in the NCAA games. The slider issues being one of those and I do not expect that to be different with the new college game either.

I think whatever legacy issues Madden still has, like the injury issues, the CFB game is going to have them as well. Thankfully, the structure of college football with the conferences, recruiting, etc. make for a more enjoyable video game(imo) that will outweigh many of the negatives Madden has had for years now.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2023, 01:57 AM   #6
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
I was reading the info about college not wanting to be similar to Madden so they gonna work on dynasty

What scares me we never said college Dynasty was similar to Madden franchise we were talking about gameplay wise

So I hope College not getting mix messaging

What I mean not being Madden is the examples below

- Slider Hell: those same slider problems from old gen transferred to the Current Gen

-AI running game is still easy to stop regardless of up sliders,I forgot which year it was the CPU have a very Good running game untill one of those patches killed it and running became non existent regardless of sliders

-late game Clock management this is self explanatory

-Deep balls floats in the air to slow to the point the defender catches up its super unrealistic

-in the Trenches problems is also self exploratory

- difficulty Levels needs to be reworked and challenging from both sides of the ball

- the grandaddy of them all the infested bugs is so bad you can make highlights videos and showcases because there so many bugs u need a exterminator

So many gameplay errors I didn't mention

I know College got the same engine as Madden doesn't mean they should adopt their careless ways

Be different and be better!!
It seems that you have concerns about the upcoming college football game and its similarity to Madden, specifically in terms of gameplay. You hope that the college game doesn't receive mixed messaging and that it differentiates itself from Madden. Your concerns include slider issues, AI running game, clock management, deep ball mechanics, problems in the trenches, difficulty levels, and gameplay bugs. You believe that the college game should strive to be different and better, avoiding the same pitfalls as Madden.
Old 05-31-2023, 08:51 AM   #7
Dead Solid Perfect

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
What are your thoughts on the RPO game in Madden. We know that's a huge part of the college game. I know on NCAA 14 they were just beginning to work on that part of the game. The foundational piece was introducing the DE as the conflict person and you really only had to read him. It didn't go any further than that unfortunately. I personally have had some fun running RPO in Madden. I love the variety of plays you can run it off of, the screens etc. If they take that piece from Madden, I'd be okay with it.
I don't make use of RPO in Madden, I'm old school in that I prefer draw plays and play action passes to keep defenses honest, but I do hope however EA implements the RPO, it works correctly. I like the RPO IRL but I still prefer those PA passes and draws in my video games.

Syracuse #44
Old 05-31-2023, 05:03 PM   #8
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericfc
It seems that you have concerns about the upcoming college football game and its similarity to Madden, specifically in terms of gameplay. You hope that the college game doesn't receive mixed messaging and that it differentiates itself from Madden. Your concerns include slider issues, AI running game, clock management, deep ball mechanics, problems in the trenches, difficulty levels, and gameplay bugs. You believe that the college game should strive to be different and better, avoiding the same pitfalls as Madden.
I can't tell if this response is from a bot/AI... I'm legitimately asking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »