Home

rpcs3 Settings for NCAA 14

This is a discussion on rpcs3 Settings for NCAA 14 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2020, 06:14 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: rpcs3 Settings for NCAA 14

I feel like I'm missing something simple to get it running at a constant 60 fps for me, and my PC is no slouch (i5-8400, 16gb, NVIDIA 2060 Super). All the menus and practice mode run 60fps, but as soon as I hike the ball in an actual game, the framerate drops to low 50's/high 40s everytime. Other games are fine, just NCAA that drops frames.
Old 07-22-2020, 06:53 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

This game is tough to run, my 8600k runs it slightly better than you. Maybe performance will get better with future releases of the emulator, but I think given your CPU you're running it about as can be expected.

― Plato
Old 07-23-2020, 08:59 AM   #11
Rookie

uzileaux's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
I feel like I'm missing something simple to get it running at a constant 60 fps for me, and my PC is no slouch (i5-8400, 16gb, NVIDIA 2060 Super). All the menus and practice mode run 60fps, but as soon as I hike the ball in an actual game, the framerate drops to low 50's/high 40s everytime. Other games are fine, just NCAA that drops frames.
Yeah it's one of the most demanding RPCS3 games, you won't get constant 60 fps with that CPU no matter what settings you set. It only has 6 cores, 8 core CPU is recommended to get it pretty much stutter free
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2020, 12:06 PM   #12
Rookie

On my settings from prior page, my FPS is only at 30.

To be honest, I don't notice a problem on most plays. But probably 1 out of 10 plays it is noticeable.
Old 07-23-2020, 05:21 PM   #13
Rookie

TimeCop's Arena

I have an NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super with an i7-9700k and I also have some issues. My problem is that the fps seems to degrade over time. I exclusively play Dynasty. But have also noticed this in RTG. Like, the first game I play will be around 60 fps the entire time. Then, the next game I play the fps will drop to around 50-55. Then the third, to around 45. And finally the fourth game will be around 30-35 and stay that way for any game afterwards.

The only way I've managed to "fix" it is just exiting NCAA 14 and restarting. Then I just repeat that every 2 games before the fps gets too low. Just curious if anyone else seems to have an issue similar to mine? I can't seem to find a way to fix it.

Here are my settings..
Attached Images
File Type: png RPCS3_CPU.png (21.9 KB, 1775 views)
File Type: png RPCS3_GPU.png (28.0 KB, 1843 views)
Old 07-24-2020, 02:37 AM   #14
Rookie

uzileaux's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeCop
I have an NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super with an i7-9700k and I also have some issues. My problem is that the fps seems to degrade over time. I exclusively play Dynasty. But have also noticed this in RTG. Like, the first game I play will be around 60 fps the entire time. Then, the next game I play the fps will drop to around 50-55. Then the third, to around 45. And finally the fourth game will be around 30-35 and stay that way for any game afterwards.

The only way I've managed to "fix" it is just exiting NCAA 14 and restarting. Then I just repeat that every 2 games before the fps gets too low. Just curious if anyone else seems to have an issue similar to mine? I can't seem to find a way to fix it.

Here are my settings..
There's reported regression with the recent builds of the emulator, try going back to a build from 2 months ago or something. Also untick write colors buffer. That's only needed for games with missing graphics and it degrades performance
Old 08-04-2020, 12:54 PM   #15
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankinho
Here are my setting and works very smooth with no freezing so far
You can decrease resolution scale if you find it slow
Attachment 180060
Attachment 180061

can you link your gpu settings again i can't seethem
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2020, 04:56 PM   #16
Rookie

My RPCS3 is starting to freeze about 30% of the time during NCAA games. It freezes about 80% of the time whenever its the 1st game I plan upon booting up (usually late 1st quarter). After that probably 15% of any other game, typically 4rd or 4th quarter.

I don't know what exactly is causing it, it seems to be when the game is trying to load a cut scene. I know the game still runs (can feel my controller vibrating) but the visual is frozen.

I haven't updated NCAA 14, would that help? Any other solutions people have run across?

I've tried skipping and not skipping the cut scenes, but that doesn't make a difference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »