Home

rpcs3 Settings for NCAA 14

This is a discussion on rpcs3 Settings for NCAA 14 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2020, 10:39 PM   #33
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: rpcs3 Settings for NCAA 14

Anyone know how to have custom stadium sounds using rpcs3?
Old 10-11-2020, 06:15 AM   #34
Pro

kwas676's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recollins93
Anyone know how to have custom stadium sounds using rpcs3?
Can’t at the moment
Old 10-11-2020, 04:06 PM   #35
Just started!

Greetings all! First off, I want to say thanks to all the support and communication on this fourm. I'm really excited to have a chance to come back the NCAA franchise thanks to RPCS3 (my kids basically steal the console these days, so I'm stuck to PC in my "office"). Maybe relive the glory-days for my beloved Semi-NOes, or take a powderpuff team to dynasty glory.

QUESTION: Anyone have any initial startup recommendations?

I've got RPCS3 up and the game loaded to my PC (Specs below). I've only booted just a few times, but experienced lots of choppiness, terrible audio, and freezing after only a few downs. From what I've read:
- It seems like the best approach is trial-and-error, one setting at a time, to get a smooth game
- Also looks like an older RPCS3 version might be more stable...people have had success in the past, even on an i5.
- This game and emulation is CPU-heavy and my PCU runs at 100% according to MSIAfterburner; might best consider popping in an i7 (Black Friday is not too far away).

MY RIG SPECS:
Intel i5 4460 3.2GHz (liquid cooled)
GeForce RTX 2070 Super
16 GB DDR3 RAM
1TB WD SSD (in motherboard M2 slot)

Thanks! I'm enjoying troubleshooting so far since I'm learning more about PCs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2020, 04:24 PM   #36
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadghostal09
Greetings all! First off, I want to say thanks to all the support and communication on this fourm. I'm really excited to have a chance to come back the NCAA franchise thanks to RPCS3 (my kids basically steal the console these days, so I'm stuck to PC in my "office"). Maybe relive the glory-days for my beloved Semi-NOes, or take a powderpuff team to dynasty glory.

QUESTION: Anyone have any initial startup recommendations?

I've got RPCS3 up and the game loaded to my PC (Specs below). I've only booted just a few times, but experienced lots of choppiness, terrible audio, and freezing after only a few downs. From what I've read:
- It seems like the best approach is trial-and-error, one setting at a time, to get a smooth game
- Also looks like an older RPCS3 version might be more stable...people have had success in the past, even on an i5.
- This game and emulation is CPU-heavy and my PCU runs at 100% according to MSIAfterburner; might best consider popping in an i7 (Black Friday is not too far away).

MY RIG SPECS:
Intel i5 4460 3.2GHz (liquid cooled)
GeForce RTX 2070 Super
16 GB DDR3 RAM
1TB WD SSD (in motherboard M2 slot)

Thanks! I'm enjoying troubleshooting so far since I'm learning more about PCs.
Your cpu isn't strong enough to run RPCS3. That is a quad-core CPU which is below the RPCS3 minimum of 6 cores. NCAA14 pretty much needs an 8 core/16 thread CPU to run stable.
Old 10-17-2020, 05:46 PM   #37
Just started!

Thanks for the response, will have to look into upgrading.
Old 10-18-2020, 07:06 AM   #38
Rookie

Can anyone help narrow down the specs I need in a CPU and GPU to run this game well on RPCS3? Is there any kind of consensus on this?

I am wondering what the lowest threshold is for the hardware but still have it run well, no glitching or significant frame rate loss. I don't mean like 4k gaming or something super high end though. I want it to work without spending any more than I need to.

Will a 6 core CPU really handle it, it's listed as the lowest threshold on their reddit? Or, do I need an 8 core to avoid regular performance issues?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 10-19-2020, 08:49 PM   #39
Rookie

So, I tried the game a comp with this hardware:

i5-8600 3.6GHz 6 cores
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
RAM 32Gb DDR4 2666 MHz

The game loads well, but once the game starts, it can't really render the players and it glitches then freezes before I can kick off. That happened several times.

So my question is what do I need to change in my hardware. Is it likely to be the CPU, GPU, or both?

Any help is appreciated.
Old 10-21-2020, 12:11 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1

For what it's worth, I can run NCAA 14 without issues -- as long as I turn the audio off in the emulator.

My laptop specs are:

CPU - i6700k (Only 4 cores though) -- Prolly why audio stutters when it's on.
RAM - 64g
GPU - 1080 GTX

I can run in 1080p and 4k without issue...again as long as audio is OFF. Audio stutters terribly.

Kinda strange I can run 14, but not 12, or 13 (both freeze). I can also run 10 and 11, these with AUDIO on.

Last edited by texranger; 10-21-2020 at 12:14 AM. Reason: More info

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »